Reply Community Lounge
State Test...Music Videos!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedJoker25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:46 pm
My school has this weird way of pepping students up for the state tests. Instead of pep rallies like I hear some schools do, they make a music video for some random song that they probably found off the internet. Last year's was called "Ain't no TAKS repeater" (set to Hollaback Girl, adapted by someone named Stephanie Klezendorf) and this year is "Put my name on it." (haven't found where it's from). I don't really get the point of them, but they're actually kind of interesting. Last year, I even got to be "in" it (I was in one of the background videos that was used). Still, I can't watch one without wondering who came up with the idea. High school can be so strange sometimes...Anybody else with strange stories about school (elementary, middle/jr. high, high, or college)?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:05 pm
What exactly is the discussion here? I'm having a hard time figuring that out... I'll give everyone 30 minutes to get in here and tell me what the discussion is (that's how long its gonna take me to get home)  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:16 pm
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

*tick*
*tock*
*tick*
*tock*
I couldn't figure it out either.

*Hums the Jeopardy timer song**

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:20 pm
mrgreen rofl lol  

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200

sahihen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:39 pm
I find it funny how GRM gets away with these topics and then a new person can't.
Just talk about weird things high schools do to get kids active in the way the school is run or just weird things about high school in general.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:46 pm
sahihen
I find it funny how GRM gets away with these topics and then a new person can't.
Just talk about weird things high schools do to get kids active in the way the school is run or just weird things about high school in general.

I agree here.

The ATG doesn't have to be spoonfed all the time. Pep rallies and other ways high school promote and involve students can easily be discussed here.

Along the same lines...
    Apparently some time after I graduated high school, a morning show of sorts started airing where kids can also make and submit videos...including this gem, which I found pretty amusing. Also made me notice that my high school now has a really nice school store. When I went there we only had this tiny cart that sold pencils and paper... xp

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:59 pm
sahihen
Well that's why I gave everyone time to get in here and find a discussion, just because I couldn't doesn't mean no one else would be able to. I figured in the time it took me to get home SOMEONE would see the discussion in this thread. I didn't want to lock it right out and then find out that a really good discussion could've been had.

I... ignored most of high school so I can't even remember half the s**t the school did.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:41 pm
User Image
Well my school did a weird "anti-bullying" video that starred this really famous kid that everyone knew whether they had him in class or not. (He wore sweatervests EVERY DAY. Not kidding you)

The pep rallys kind of sucked D8 First off the teachers took it WAY to seriously. (If a kid wants to skip something that shouldn't be mandatory in the first place let them). Secondly, the students who did all the 'prize tossing' and 'contest picking' were the popular kids...so they picked their friends naturally -_-; It got annoying seeing the SAME DAMN KIDS up there EVERY CONTEST.

Even more so that the same damn kids got all the prizes...by my second pep rally I gave up putting my hands up for it.
User Image

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Jaabba-Ting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:57 pm
music videos? cool  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff