Reply Community Lounge
If she could talk Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lazycommie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:06 pm
Tonight I find myself with my rifle(Mei) in my lap, thinking and rambling on on something; a simple question.

If she could talk, what would she say? What of her creation, forged and milled from large chunks of steel and wood? Did she see combat? If so, what happened to the man who carried her into battle. Was he a proud, courageous man, or a scared conscript doing his best to stay alive? Did she have a name before I named her? Or did she just sit on a shelf her whole life, until someone came along and sold her overseas? What is her history, and her opinion on things?

What does she think of me? And, more importantly, what stories would she tell 20 years from now?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:11 pm
Hrm... *is not a gun nut, has never even shot a gun in his life*

I think about this with other things of mine, though. I have a rock collection that has been steadily growing since I was little. Often times, I wonder who else had held this rock, or who else had possibly stepped on it while on some epic journey or something. It is something that can be a good way to waste some time sweatdrop  

0-0Chaos Control0-0

lazycommie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:14 pm
0-0Chaos Control0-0
Hrm... *is not a gun nut, has never even shot a gun in his life*

I think about this with other things of mine, though. I have a rock collection that has been steadily growing since I was little. Often times, I wonder who else had held this rock, or who else had possibly stepped on it while on some epic journey or something. It is something that can be a good way to waste some time sweatdrop

You captured the sentiment exactly.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:19 pm
Yay I win! But this is something I think with anything that I receive that is not brand new. Almost all of my videogames are used, and I often wonder who played them before me. I also think the same way with money.  

0-0Chaos Control0-0

lazycommie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:27 pm
Yeah!

Who's hands this was in last. What went on to net that exchange, etc.?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:29 pm
Yup. It's definately a good question, a good way to keep your mind occupied for a while.  

0-0Chaos Control0-0

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:30 pm
Sometimes I pick up my VF-1S Robotech Masterpiece toy, and wonder how many oppressed Chinese people touched it before it went into it's box, and I payed ninety dollars to get it.

Other times I look at my D&D books and speculate how many of my players have drooled on the pages.

Yet other times, I wonder if anyone in the kitchen at the diner I'm in has decided to add a loogie to my burger at no extra charge.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:33 pm
Yep. It's a good thing to think on late at night, when so inspired to. In my case, it was inspired by reading a thing on the surplusrifle forums, about "if this gun could talk" and such stuff pertaining to historic pieces. I know a few things about her, but not much. She's a 1938 Mosin, almost certainly saw action in WWII, but apparently not much. All matching and was well taken care of/stored.  

lazycommie

0-0Chaos Control0-0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:39 pm
xd That... is not something I think about. That is why I try to be nice at restaurants.

Oh, so it has definately seen alot of action, whether it was used in battle or not. Yeah, that would certainly be something that would come to my mind. Places is another good one.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:43 pm
0-0Chaos Control0-0
xd That... is not something I think about. That is why I try to be nice at restaurants.

Oh, so it has definately seen alot of action, whether it was used in battle or not. Yeah, that would certainly be something that would come to my mind. Places is another good one.

Given the condition, she may have sat in a warehouse for her whole life. The bore is near spotless and all parrts are matching numbers.

If she did fight, it was in Russia(russkie gun), against the Germans and their allies.  

lazycommie

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:44 pm
...I have to say, this thread creeps me out, just a little bit. If only because I can just picture some man in an isolated cabin somewhere, saying to his rifle (as he's polishing it for the 100th time that day), "You're my only friend, Betsy. And we're gonna show them. We're going to show them ALL one of these days."

*shudder*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:49 pm
aretoo
...I have to say, this thread creeps me out, just a little bit. If only because I can just picture some man in an isolated cabin somewhere, saying to his rifle (as he's polishing it for the 100th time that day), "You're my only friend, Betsy. And we're gonna show them. We're going to show them ALL one of these days."

*shudder*

You ain't all that far off. I'm not in an isolated cabin, and I don't have to show people nothin, although the talking to the gun part(not necessarily what is said as much as just talking in general to her) is spot on.  

lazycommie

0-0Chaos Control0-0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:49 pm
aretoo

*shudder*
THAT reminds me of that dude in Open Season, the one who named his gun Lorraine (I think) and was played by Gary Sinese (I think)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:56 pm
I picked up an army dress-cap from goodwill about a year back, and on the inside is a name imprinted on the brim "Tim Pickett"

I like to think of who he is sometimes. I like to wonder who he is, if he's anything like me, if he ever killed anybody. It's a special hat.  

WiskersThCatfish

lazycommie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:57 pm
WiskersThCatfish
I picked up an army dress-cap from goodwill about a year back, and on the inside is a name imprinted on the brim "Tim Pickett"

I like to think of who he is sometimes. I like to wonder who he is, if he's anything like me, if he ever killed anybody. It's a special hat.

You could google his name and see what turns up.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff