Reply Community Lounge
Gorram gypsies Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lazycommie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:49 pm
Recently, we've been having a lot of home invasions/robberies/burglaries lately in my town. Now, normally, this is a sleepy little town that not s**t happens in. In the past week, I've heard of two people I personally know having their homes broken into and various items stolen, and according to local LEOs, there's been a massive upsurge in such activities lately. This coincides with a bunch of gypsies coming into town. Said people, as a race, have a very much earned reputation of being theives and such, so until I see otherwise i'm considering them to have done it.

I pray, for their sake, they don't try and break in here. I'm curtailing my usual hikes to nowhere until s**t settles down, so I don't leave the house unattended. I really did enjoy my "hikes to nowhere" and "paul got his a** lost again" time, too, since it gave m a chance to be less bored

You'll see a lot more of me lately because of this.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:00 pm
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

Oh my, funstuffs. I've... actually never seen any gypsies pass through my town. Maybe they don't like the desert?

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

124-C

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:12 pm
It's very possible that it's said gypsies. Hard to prove it, though. Besides, it's not unusual for local no-goods causing extra trouble when high-profile strangers come into an area...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:21 pm
Gypsies?! How very... historic! All we get is normal gang kids.  

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Agent_of_Misfortune

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:58 am
*goes into cher mode*

gypsys, tramps and thieves.. we hear it from the people of the town, they call us!!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:10 am
I don't think I've even SEEN a gypsy... But now that I think of it I think I do want to. xd

Walking with permission
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:30 am
Kusaragi
I don't think I've even SEEN a gypsy... But now that I think of it I think I do want to. xd

Walking with permission
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They are not good people. The Romany gypsies are bad, the Irish ones are even worse. Both kinds pretty much are professional thieves and manipulators.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:26 am
User Image
I'm so glad that we've decided that entire groups of people who have been forcefully placed in bad situations because of legislature cause by ignorant a*****e like you guys are people to be harped on "just because".

I hope you all die in a ******** hole.

EDIT:

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Not all of you have jumped on the "******** the gypsies" bandwagon but seriously what have you said in their defense?

People are always going on about racial profiling and minority groups and how we need to be better to each other and all the equality s**t (just because I think protest "equality" is s**t doesn't mean I don't think all people are equal) and then when a group of people who have been out casted because of stereo types actually come along you feel to the need to either be neutral to the situation or accuse them of s**t.

I've seen people go on about how "Black" strife is not ancient history because it happened within the last 40 years. Well the exact same thing is STILL happening to Gypsies, (AND Native Americans).

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

God-The-RapistV2.0

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:38 am
Are you referring to the actual ethnic group that has been persecuted for centuries, or are you just talking about wandering people or hobos? Because the term is used pretty loosely in the US.

Saying that Romany gypsies and Irish Travellers are "bad" is a huge generalization, don't you think? =/ Antiziganism, ftw.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:43 am
User Image

Uh oh, GRM is here.

WHAT THE ******** IS WRONG WITH YOU ********?! Excluding Tae.

Seriously? I can't believe this s**t.

You assholes ******** b***h and moan about the stereotypes of ******** Americans, and then you go and be... oh my god STEREOTYPICAL! You can't get your head out of your asses and learn that there's more to the world than what's in your ******** shoebox of a life! You people can't even FATHOM how pissed I am at this s**t! It's just wrong. So do you believe that a black person is a killer/thief, or that natives are going to scalp you, how about African tribes? Are they all cannibals? No I ******** think not.

When a mod gets here. I Want to see this thread locked! This intolerance should NOT be ******** you lazycommie, and your racist a**!
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:55 am
To be fair, the occasional antiziganist Americans are hardly the first or only people to discriminate against the Romany...it's perfectly legal to do so in Italy, in fact.

It's also not unheard of for Romany women to be sterilized against their will. And I'm not talking about 100 years ago, or even 50 years ago. I'm talking about within the last 5 years in Europe. gonk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:11 pm
Personally, I find this thread very distasteful for that very reason, but until I have something a little more constructive to say than "up yours and f*&# you", I had decided to be silent. I've never been a fan of ANY sort of discrimination.  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:04 pm
Recently, we've been having a lot of home mass killing/rape/war lately in my country. Now, normally, this is a sleepy little place that deer and the antelope play. In the past week, I've heard of two-hudred people I personally know having their homes burnt and various items stolen, and according to local drum relay, there's been a massive upsurge in such activities lately. This coincides with a bunch of white people coming to the land. Said people, as a race, have a very much earned reputation of being imperialists, rapists, and murderers, and, so until I see otherwise I'm considering them to have done it.

I pray, for my sake, they don't try and break in here. I'm curtailing my usual hikes to hunt buffalo until s**t settles down, so I don't leave the house unattended. I really did enjoy my "buffalo hunts" and "Casey took too much medicine and is trippin' balls again" time, too, since it gave m a chance to be less bored

You'll see a lot more of me lately because of this.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:10 pm
Taeryyn
It's also not unheard of for Romany women to be sterilized against their will. And I'm not talking about 100 years ago, or even 50 years ago. I'm talking about within the last 5 years in Europe. gonk

The same thing happens to young Native girls in North America, too. It's not common, but it's not unheard of. Girl goes in for some kind of abdominal surgery and gets her tubes tied without her knowledge or consent, or (and this is the worst case I've heard of) a teenage girl goes in for a c-section, and gets a complete hysterectomy, because "she'll be better off" not pumping out the 30 indian babies that she's obviously going to have since she's a native who got pregnant at 14, and going through menopause as a teen would be so much better.

@lazycommie did you ever consider that coincidences are common? Do you have any strong and hateful comments to make against the Banjara, the Yeniche, Indigenous Norwegian Travellers, or the Scottish Travellers, since you seem to "know" so much about people labeled as gypsies?

Like Tsuji said, it's very likely that some local opportunist ruffians heard there were "gypsies" in town and saw it as a great chance to cause some trouble and get away with it.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:49 pm
Never seen Gypsies and really only have heard of them from WW2 holocaust history books. Really i'd like to see these people and where they come from cause they seemed more like a group to me then a race, until just recently, so really I would like some more info about these people cause it seems interesting. and avoid wikipedia about these people cause it seems like it would be peppered with the racism

Honestly I do believe racial profiling is inevitable because we are humans and stereotyping is part of human nature so there is no sense fighting against it unless its taken to an extreme, like the KKK would be an extreme, but i don't support racism and really i'm not going to take sides because it happens everywhere and not just the U.S. so really its a fight against a state of mind and a thought process so there is no way to win the fight.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff