Submit

-Kandy_Cube-

Magic Girl

19,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:10 pm
Do you feal Fritzl has been jugde fairly for what he did?

(If you are unaware http://www.seriousopinion.com/?p=148 )

Tell me your thoughts on this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:20 pm
I'm not sure what to say...except it doesn't matter what they charge him with; in fact, they should charge him with everything he's done and not just some. I think he should get a life sentenced to jail, the death penalty, and then another life sentence, followed by another death penalty. Maybe that would teach him.  

RedJoker25

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:02 pm
That's... sickening to say the least. I can understand why they're having a hard time choosing what to charge him with because I'm sure that if they charge him with one thing they can't charge him with another and want to make sure he gets the harshest punishment possible. It's disturbing to hear about the wife as well, not because she didn't question because I assume she was too scared to question and too scared to do anything but they make it sound like she just accepted his explanations. I have trouble swallowing this, if you are scared enough not to question then wouldn't you just assume whatever he was doing was bad and not merely accept his excuses? I dunno that oddly bugs me. Since I am not a fan of the death penalty, I hope he gets life in prison and is never allowed to leave. The idea of this man ever getting out terrifies the hell out of me.

@Chaud that punishment isn't even possible...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:59 pm
chaudblaze
I think he should get a life sentenced to jail, the death penalty, and then another life sentence, followed by another death penalty. Maybe that would teach him.
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

Explain to me exactly how that is possible and I won't consider you a moron. Brains, dude. Ya got 'em, then use 'em.

Anyway, on topic. This is sickening. I would love to hear that he gets the death penalty. Although, I'm one that believes that burning at the stake is appropriate at times...

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:32 pm
The whole thing makes me physically sick to my stomach. I think evil such as Fritzl is unjustifiable and impossible to punish fairly. What a freak.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:40 pm
If he is legally sane, then jail him. If not institutionalize him and keep him there for treatment indefinably. He won't hurt people anymore regardless so it doesn't matter.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Zombie1429

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:12 pm
As soon as this story was released it was pretty obvious that he was going to be in jail for the rest of his life. That was only confirmed when he pleaded guilty.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:46 pm
Fritzl has already been sentenced. Here is a more recent article regarding the case. If you cannot be bothered to read it all, to sum it all up, he has received a life sentence to be served in a mental institution. Should the doctors ever think him cured then he will serve the remainder of his sentence in prison.

He was charged with rape, incest and deprivation of liberty which he admitted, but at first pleaded innocent to murder (by neglect?) and enslavement. He changed the plea to guilty after his daughters video testimony was shown. He is also now being investigated in relation to four other murders.

He says he's sorry but his initial plea of innocent, in my opinion, shows that he is only sorry that he got caught.

I am firmly against the death penalty so I do believe that the sentencing was appropriate. The worrying thing is, as I understand it, he could be out in 15 years if he can prove he is not a menace to society.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Zombie1429

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:11 am
He is'nt though, he was a menace to his family. Regardless, there are very strong odds that he'll be dead by then. In all likelyhood he'd go straight from prison into a state run old persons home... unless his family want to put him up?  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games