Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
banners

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haruhi Hitachiin

Magnetic Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:57 pm
Okay tons of people have em, and use them. How do you make them? I know its kinda a long subject but I want to know xp  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.There are many ways to make a banner. Some banners can be really fancy, made with state-of-the-art programs after years of exercising talent; some banners can be rather ugly, poorly-made, or aesthetically-displeasing. There's no real way to explain how to make a banner; some people could talk for hours on the subject. I recommend, however, visiting this wikiHow article on making banners; it might help you out and give you some answers.  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Avzel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:03 pm
Short answer:
Find an art program. Any art program. It could be done in Microsoft Word (lousy, but it would do in a pinch), MS Paint, Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw...there are several freeware and shareware art programs out there.

Draw a pic or import an image from the interwebz. Or something.
Add text if you want.

Crop it to an acceptable size. I think the maximum sig size is 500px by 500px or so. I would recommend smaller than that.

Upload your art to an image hosting site

Display it in your sig.

Ta-daaaah.

If any of the above steps are confusing, keep asking questions.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games