Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esperanto
  Jes!
View Results

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:41 am
Well I'm a big language learner (even though I'm still unilingual... but hopeful I won't be by the end of summer) and in fact made up my own language (no, not a code) with my little sister. I think languages are pretty interesting, and it'd be cool to have like a language in addition to everyone's native language so you could retain culture while being able to communicate with everyone. Of course the international language would have to be very easy to learn...

...and then I found out a language created with that purpose that is fairly widespread was already created. >__>; Meet Esperanto, artificial language you can become fluent in after like, a month. I think I'm going to try and learn in when I have time. smile Anyway

Discuss:
-Esperanto (dur)
-the idea behind esperanto
-have you heard of it before?
-do you know it / want to learn it?
-etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:56 pm
Oooooh! Plua personon kiu desiras lerni Esperanton.

Ack, I probably butchered that. I'm taking my time learning Esperanto and it's an interesting experience. Even if you don't become fluent it really helps, in general, to study it because (I feel) it's a good gateway language to move on to other ones in the Romantic and Germanic groups.  

Sentama Lin

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:34 pm
It's an interesting idea, but I'd rather spend time learning languages that interest me or languages that are practical, rather than conlangs. sweatdrop I can see the use of esperanto, but it's never been one of the languages I want to study.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:28 pm
I wanna learn Italian, German and Russian and I want to learn to speack spanish like a guy from Argentine or Spain  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items