Reply Community Lounge
Just thought you should know (update tiem) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:57 pm
So I just thought people should know this, yesterday Roland got kicked out of his house. He'd been planning to move out for a while, and told his mother the plan. She didn't approve, and he told her he wasn't asking her permission. She got angry and his dad got in on it and now he's been kicked out.

Currently his friend has found him a place to stay for a while, then he's going into job corps, where they give you a place to stay and train you for a degree. He's hoping that he can get his credits transfered to finish his computer graphic design degree. So that's his whole situation, as I know it. Just thought you guys should know, and he wanted me to tell the ATG.

Update edit: So it's been a few months since Roland got back... and now he's homeless again. We don't even know if he's been kicked out or if he just left. All that happened was Roland left IRC with this message:
|<-- Roland has left chat.serenia.net (Quit: , I'm homeless again guys)
I tried texting him, but to no avail. Hoping he's alright, and again, I just thought you guys should know this... again.

Discuss:
-getting kicked out
-b*tch mothers
-stressful family life
-finding housing in an emergency
-family drama
-insane brothers (or siblings, or family in general) who seriously need therapy

-mushroom hats
-anything else that's relevant  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:03 pm
Hopefully he'll be able to join the family again soon. sad

And yeah... from everything he's shared with us here, she sounds like a total *loon*. Perhaps one year when she gets lonely she'll feel sorry... but probably just for *herself*. neutral  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:39 pm
User Image
Aww poor Rol >: I know what it's like to have a b***h mother. D:

-huggles Rol-
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:39 pm
User Image

As if the poor guy didn't already have a hard enough time with stalker chicky poo, he gets kicked out too! Tell him we hope the best!
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:44 pm
I got kicked out once. I went to stay a few days at a friend's house and my mom was so pissed it turned into over a year.

It'll be tough but I wish him better luck than I had (friend turned into abusive boyfriend, awkward situation... yeah)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:04 pm
I apologise for being the negative wet blanket in this situation, but I don't feel that his parents deserve to be part of his life considering they've treated him quite badly. As devastating as this is this could be the chance Rol needs in order to get out of that toxic relationship from his parents. Ergo, the best thing to do is to give him the support he needs -- for he's no longer getting that from his parents.

The support doesn't have to be financial; when I was going through my spiel the emotional and caring support I had from friends here and in real life kept me moving toward my goal (once I realised it): to finally live for myself and not for the sake of my parents.

He deserves that; everyone does. So, well, I do wish him the best of luck, and I hope that we all can be supportive of him.  

Sentama Lin

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:08 pm
I said this in the IRC and in the phunkeh last night and I'll say it again. While it sucks that he got kicked out of his house, at least he got away from his psycho mom. The best circumstances would've probably been for him to build up some money first and then move out but since that didn't happen at the very least he doesn't have to deal with all the BS going on at home. I send him all my love and all my luck... well actually half my luck cause the other half is going to a family friend who is desperately looking for a job (she's got bills to pay and kids to take care of).

I hope we get to see him back here in the near future, he may be relatively new but so far I think he's an awesome guy and would hate to never get to chat with him online.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:15 pm
Damn, this sucks... Rol was a fun person to talk to, even though I didn't really get to talk to him much, he seemed like a interesting person to me... If anyone talks to him sometime soon, let him know that Pancake is wishing him the best of luck. I'm glad he's away from his crazy mom, and I agree with Lin when it comes to his parents not deserving to be a part of his life. If they're so quick to throw him out, then to hell with them!

Best of luck to Rol, and like I said, I hope everything starts getting better for him.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:41 pm
I should note: When I said "join the family again", I did NOT mean living with them again. That ship has long since sailed. smile (And I wouldn't wish that household on an enemy, let alone a friend.)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:42 pm
I figured, aretoo, but that's a statement that I fear (unfortunately, through my own bias and experience) might never happen.

I hope that it does happen, and that he's treated like the adult that all adults should be treated, but...  

Sentama Lin

Spifflicious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:08 pm
I've texted him a few times. He at least had the sanity left to let me know he had a place to chill for the night last night.

I've never had an experience like that. Luckily my parents are both very... what's the word... docile? They'd never do anything like that.

Either way, I've housed a few friends that were kicked out. I just wish I lived somewhere near Rol to give a place to stay. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:31 pm
That's awful. I hope he's doing alright? It can't be easy on him.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:50 pm
I don't really have any comment to make other than "That is really awful" So I'm just ognna use this space to wish Rolland good luck. And I hope things turn out ok. No, not ok. I hope hey turn out better and happier.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:31 am
Though I do not believe I have met Rolland I wish him good luck. I understand what it is like to have b*tchy parents that fought constently, and still do. Although I have never been kicked out I did move out last summer out of desperation to get away from them and lived with my boyfriend for 7 months. But school demanded more of both me and my BF and I had to move back in with my parents to save money and continue school while my BF moved to NC to finish his schooling. It is tough, but you learn to survive. 3nodding  

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:36 pm
While it sucks that he's been kicked out, it still seems that he's probably better off because of it. It sure didn't sound like life in that house was all that good for him. Hopefully things will improve for Rol soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff