I miss... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:12 pm
waking up early on Saturday mornings to watch all the good cartoon shows. Yep ATG that's what I miss, at least that's what I miss about the 90's. I know a good portion of the ATGers are in their 20's or higher so I was wondering what do you miss about the 90's? What do you wish would come back? What do you think needs to stay long dead?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:15 pm
I miss waking up to that cinnamon roll smell. 3nodding Ya know... Pillsbury cinnamon rolls? Mmm... >.< Usually my memory couples that with scurrying to the living room wrapped in my Sesame Street comforter for morning cartoons.

I hope the fashions of the 90s stay long dead. Flannel and high-water jeans... crying  

Spifflicious

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:18 pm
I was late for the flannel thing... like 4 or 5 years too late xd don't ask I was a really weird kid in school.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:18 pm
I miss moderately decent classic rock on the radio, instead of them playing the same six or seven shitty songs by bands like metallica(who, frankly, suck) on repeat, interspersed with a load of commercials, like they do now.

I miss cartoons that don't suck. 00's cartoons suck.

I miss Yugoslavia. They made awesome ammo.

What needs to stay dead? The AWB, "90's alternative rock", the EV-1(I think it was made in the 90's anyway, it was that utterly inefficient and completely worthless GM electric car all the greentards are all gaga about now), the Clinton regime, having to attend public school, etc.  

lazycommie

Spifflicious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:20 pm
stare @ Metallica flame...

Sanzo... You dodged a bullet there. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:26 pm
meh ignore him Pisces, he doesn't care if he insults people, or should I say he believes its the person's responsibility to not feel insulted... not sure I understand that.

Anyway, I actually got teased for it by a couple of friends but meh didn't care. I actually miss a lot of the cheesy songs of the times. You know songs that weren't very deep but extremely pop and fun and over the top.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Spifflicious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:29 pm
Ah, I see. Haven't had the... er... pleasure of dealing with that until now.

I know what you mean. Everything from Backstreet Boys to Vanilla Ice. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:29 pm
I kinda miss pluto V.V

I also really miss those cartoons. My grandparents used to tape them for me, and they still have them, like 20 or so tapes.  

umi505

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:31 pm
....I used to be a huge Backstreet Boys fan, goes to show I've always been a fangirl at heart xd

*huggles Umi* I miss Pluto too and wait... tapes of my fav cartoons? *appears in front of Umi's house*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:34 pm
Spifflicious
stare @ Metallica flame...

Sanzo... You dodged a bullet there. 3nodding

Metallica's overrated and they behave like spoiled brats when it comes to copyright.

I also miss warm buttered engligh muffins for breakfast, and in general being little and being able to really enjoy my summers and such, instead of just plain boredom and tedium like I have now.  

lazycommie

Kasumi Seizou

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:36 pm
lazycommie
I miss moderately decent classic rock on the radio, instead of them playing the same six or seven shitty songs by bands like metallica(who, frankly, suck) on repeat

Their first 3 albums were okay. Everything after that (during the 90's and 00's) sucked.

As for me, I miss watching ECW, and wrestling in general. The matches were awesome, and pay per views were actually worth buying.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:36 pm
Lazy stop right now, he likes Metallica simple as that. You don't. That is fine you don't have to share likes but do NOT, I repeat do NOT try and use my thread to "prove" that to him.

@Kasumi I'm guessing you don't like the turn the ECW has taken in the new millennium? Cause I'm pretty sure its still on...  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Kasumi Seizou

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:47 pm
Sanzoskitsune
Lazy stop right now, he likes Metallica simple as that. You don't. That is fine you don't have to share likes but do NOT, I repeat do NOT try and use my thread to "prove" that to him.

@Kasumi I'm guessing you don't like the turn the ECW has taken in the new millennium? Cause I'm pretty sure its still on...

Personally, I dont consider that crap we see on tuesday nights to be ECW. Its like wrestling in general is taking a turn for the worse. I used to watch TNA, but their turning into a less exciting version of WWE. Why in the hell are they trying to promote former WWE wrestlers instead of their own? It makes no sense. But theres always UFC, of course.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:51 pm
I've never been a big wrestling fan myself but yeah I gotta agree even I can see that its going to hell. I think a lot of stuff is going to hell actually, tis why I miss some stuff from the 90's so much.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Spifflicious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:55 pm
Eh, Metallica appeals greatly to some. To others, not at all. I don't blame you, Lazy, for having that opinion, though I do disagree with it. How they act towards copyright laws and the like has absolutely nothing to do with the high quality of music they produce. Period.

ANYWAY! I never watched much wrestling. It was all cheesy and stupid to me. UFC, on the other hand, seems pretty bad a**. 3nodding  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff