Reply Community Lounge
special/akward moments Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

umi505

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:19 pm
Ok, first of I'm in Winter guard. Any so this morning I had WGI (Winter Guard Internationals) Championship Prelims.
We were in equipment warm-up with one minute left before we were to take the floor. I took my last thing, a rifle toss that I catch on the ground. And as I was getting up I see one of our techs. scooting her foot toward me with a peace of folded up paper toward me with my name on it. After she did that she simply said nothing to me, turned around with her usual "B*chy"-like-attitude-walk (it's just something she does) and just walks away.

I didn’t pick the paper up until I was sure no one was looking, I was scared. lol. Anyway I unfolded it and it had this poem in it:

GOOD SKILLS!!
Good skills for today,
May success come your way!
May your day be full of fun,
May you impress everyone.

May you get no stress,
May you bring happiness.
May you have your grace,
May you keep a smile on your face,

May your wishes come true,
May you enjoy whatever you do.
Now please just go,
And have a great show.

...What makes this really awkward and confusing to me is one, I've always sworn that she (Rebecca is her name) hated me with a passion, seeing as even the tinniest mistake that I may only make once in a blue moon like being a half an inch from the tip of my gun when I catch sometimes, she harps on me forever on it.(but others have gotten away with only a small "figure it out" look on big things), and two just cause she seems to just not like me lol(even though I've never "blown up" while working with her)And now it was like she was secretly praising me...actualy a lot of our techs and our director have been saying a lot of good things about me this season...it's creeping my out! gonk Not used to it, and I don't like them talking about me...

Anyway, after having the best show of my life, I held up the poem and asked the other girls if Rebecca was giving these to everyone...I was the only one. I felt kinda special yet ridiculously awkward.
What the heck? I know it doesn’t sound like a big deal, but this stuff just doesn’t happen to me.

Well, after boring you to death with my story let's talk about:
-What could this mean!?? I'm so confused
-Am I weird? Or freaking over nothing?
-Moments that made you feel a little better about yourself but at the same time awkward?
-How, even though I've been in this guild for 3 years, this is my first thread!? =O
-Crazy stuff you see in guard shows (or dances)that make you want to piss your pants like what I saw today. O_____O

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:24 pm
It is possible that the reason she was so hard on you is because she thinks you have a lot of potential and wanted to see you fulfill it. Not that she hated you, she just didn't want you to get complacent. At least, that's what the poem would suggest and the fact that so many people are praising you now...  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

umi505

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:43 pm
Maybe those could be her thoughts, that’s pretty much what my captain told me when I asked her about it. But also sounded confused, it was funny. lol

I’m always far from complacent but I can see that.

It's just the thought of a bunch of people talking about me without me knowing what they're saying, ever wonder what poeple say about you?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:46 pm
Yeah I wonder every now and then what people have to say about me but I try not to dwell on it, I can be self conscious enough as it is sometimes.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

umi505

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 pm
I know what you mean, I should probably just not think about this or I will go a little crazy  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:57 pm
I thought we all we're a little crazy in this guild xd  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

umi505

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:16 pm
oh gosh X)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:19 pm
Crazy good.

Reminds me of those movies where you see those teachers being hard on that one student who has a lot of potential (because they care), but you don't know it until the end.

;D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:22 pm
It's funny cause you think "its such a movie cliche" and then you hear stories like this and you're like "********... I have to go re-evaluate my position on cliche's"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:25 pm
Why would you have to reevaluate it? I'd just go with how the cliche is definitely possible, I think most are (concerning life).

Are there any weird ones that aren't, besides the sci-fi ones. XD  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:29 pm
You make a good point, its just really weird when cliche's happen in real life. I feel like something is wrong...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:38 pm
One my awkward moments was when I forgot how to multiply three times three.

In my defense, it was in fraction form.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

umi505

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:42 pm
movie cliché’s always seem to happen around me in real life, it's pretty annoying.

@Jaft: it's ok, one time my math teacher was having me go through a math problem step by step verbaly and I stuttered three times on five plus seven....no, to be honest that happens almost every day. Xp  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:14 pm
Maybe she likes you wink

BTW What is teh Winter Gaurd?  

Surazal Dloc

umi505

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:53 am
@Suaral Dloc: It's colorguard in the winter  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash