Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you like better?
  Steve Blum
  Crispin Freeman
View Results

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:41 pm
So... I got the annoucement--like everyone else-- that there is a new Gaia homepage design. It sounds interesting to me and more easier for the rest of us.
What do you all think? confused

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:12 pm
I never really use the homepage much. I just come here and try to ignore everything else now.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:44 pm
They change the home page every year. It's not a spectacular thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:54 pm
Gaia has a homepage?  

124-C

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:47 am
They need to stop wasting time remaking the login page no one ever looks at and the home page everyone ignores stressed

It doesn't look any more helpful than the old one talk2hand

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:48 am
*Shruggles* Doesn't bother me either way. Once it changes, there will be a flood of "OMG CHANGE IT BAAAAACK!!!" Threads, and loads of petitions. But then in a year or six months or so...they'll probably change it again, and people will be clamoring for it to stay the same xd  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:27 am
    Whhhhy do they insist on always fixing what isn't broken? I will never know....

As long as it's just the homepage which I never look at and not the layout again, I'm good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:56 am
It'easier than going through a bunch of code to find broken code? I guess.
I still want them to change the guilds to the way the forums are...  

sahihen

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:02 pm
Meh I could care less, I only go to the home page to get my daily chance anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:10 pm
I guess I can understand why they would redo the homepage (again) is to attract more people. But I could care less since I don't even register when the homepage is different, I guess that is what happens when you go to the same site for five years. sweatdrop  

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:44 am
Well that is the stupid part of gaia's pre-login home page. Why do they keep changing that?
They took a poll asking us how we got here and most people did not say "because you have a cool home page" We said "because my friend so-and-so told me the site was cool"
Did they not look at their poll results? I know I never look at the pre-login page.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:08 am
I didn't care for the old home page and I don't particularly care for the new one. The ATG is actually my Firefox browser home so I only pass by the Gaia home page to get my daily chance.

I suppose that if I were to pick out anything about the new page I would say that I think it looks a bit too busy. They should swap around the position of the announcement box and the advertisement box. If they did this it would balance out the text and images a bit better.

A bit of a pointless update really, in my opinion. I'd much rather that they work on making the guild forums consistent with the rest of the site forums.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:53 am
I've book marked all the guilds and threads I frequent, so I only visit the homepage for the daily change item...when I remember.

I suppose it is good to keep an attractive homepage for gaining new Gaians, but otherwise I suspect that most of us ignore the homepage.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games