Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] ...Blood and Books...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 pm
Blood and Books: PRP between Fae and Ana

Summer was not Sable's favorite time of year. The massive heat that came into the city like today, despite the ocean, was almost unbearable.

She had been wandering the town trying to find an ounce of shadow when she found the library.

Figuring that it was free and dark, she slipped in. Books were foreign items for sable. She had never learned how to read and she figured that if she did this room may seem a bit interesting. Other then that it was dark and smelled of wet wood.

And cool.

That was the important part. It was cool. Letting out a sigh of relief at the comfortable atmosphere, Sable began to weave in and out of the shelves. She figured that she could pace the entire library twice and then be bored enough to risk the heat again.

She drew her hand delicately along the spines of the books on the nearest shelf, lightly caressing them as she passed. The texture was interesting enough and it slowed her pace some.

Until she stopped.

Before her was a man... thin, as if he hadn't eaten for days, and his skin was ghastly pale.

She had heard about things like this... now what was the word?

oh right!

"GHOST!" she called out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:04 pm
William spent enough time in the library that he actually knew the librarians by name and, more impressively, they all knew him. He had come in today in order to pick up a few books he'd had on hold and, in the process, had been neatly distracted by the shelves of new books they had just gotten in. His dark brown hair is mussed and unruly, currently pinned back off his forehead with a simple silver hairclip, a pair of glasses with thin gold frames sliding down his nose as he studiously flips through a large, leather-bound tome of poetry.

He is moving his lips silently along with an interesting epic poem concerning a battle, as many are, while in his pocket, Amleth glowered in a generally glowering fashion -- or that's the impression he got, at any rate. He had long given up considering why he got impressions from the little bottle of, well, whatever it had inside of it, and only patted his pocket consolingly every so often in apology.

"GHOST!"

William flipped the book into the air, startled by the sudden yell, "What?!" Yelping, he scrambled to catch the book before it hit the ground, thunking his knees against the short shelf and winding up bent over it in the effort. Clutching it tightly and tenuously, he turns his head to stare at Sable in surprise, green eyes huge and staring, "...I'm not a ghost! How... rude..." He frowns, his pale cheeks flushed, withdrawing to a proper standing position once more and embarrassedly adjusting his sweater and fixing his glasses in a far too focused fashion. Yes. They require all of his attention. Cough.

In his pocket, Amleth had reacted to the cry of ghost with a surge of shock and surprise, then settled quietly down, all unbeknownst to the man who was carting him around.

Anasazi

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:00 pm
Sable was taken aback. "You aren't?" she considered. "But you are very pale..." She walked up into his personal space and poked the guys forehead.

"Oh well, I guess you are not a ghost after all." She shrugged. "So are you escaping the heat too?"

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:37 am
"No. Of course I'm not. Don't be ridiculous," William says in his best I Am A Stern Adult voice, waving - more flailing, really - when she pokes him on the forehead, proceeding to lose the stern adult voice and instead informing her, rather childishly, "And you're very... pink." Hmph. He lifts a hand to his forehead, rubbing the spot she poked and absentmindedly patting his hand against his pocket.

He seems to forget the affront quickly, shrugging and looking in the direction of the door, nose twitching and eyebrows lifting, "What? Is it hot outside? I got here pretty early in the morning, so it wasn't that bad..."

Anasazi

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:07 pm
"Pink?" Sable giggled, "I guess I am," She considered the man thing in front of her, "And yes it is very hot." She explained, "You walk outside and you sweat, it is nice in here." She looked around.

"So, mr., what do I call you?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:34 pm
The tall man looks distinctly flushed as he ruffles the hair at the back of his neck, eyeing the front of the library contemplatively before he mumbles, "Really...? I hate that." He blinks in surprise when she asks what to call him, though, laughing embarrassedly, "Ah, that's right. My name's William. And you are...?"

Anasazi

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:22 pm
"I'm Sable." She explained as her eyes wondered around the book shelves, "There are a lot of books here..." she mused, "Have you read them all?" She asked the man again, just trying to pass time.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games