Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Ideas for new EI's, Donation Items, and the like...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got some ideers?
  Uh... I believe the word you're looking for is "ideas," bub... -_-;;
  I sure do!! ^___^
  Nah, I'm not that creative/I don't care enough/stfu...
  Well... maybe I'd could be persuaded to post with a little... gold? (pollwhore)
View Results

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:30 pm

I figured "Hey, as creative as the ATG is, they're all probably sitting there with new item ideas buzzing in their heads..." or something along those lines.

In fact, I even had my own idea just now. Here it is as an example.

Gaia should release an EI that starts at childhood, having a baby pose for your avatar and including items like a bib, bottle, baby doll, etc. Then it could go on to poses of childhood late and early having things like toys, a bicycle, a dirty face (playing outside?), and simply things like that. Next, adolescence with a pimply face, voice crack emote, drool option (symbolizing a new-found obsession with the opposite sex), etc. From there it'd go into early adulthood, maybe having a computer, car keys, maybe a failed term paper or something like that. Then of course late adulthood with a bald spot for guys, crows feet for girls, various early-stage face lines etc. Lastly there'd be an elderly/bites the dust stage with pronounced lines, faded eyes, frail limbs and liver spots. A bald head for guys, grandma hair for girls. And then some avatar-shaped bones 'n' skeletons. (EDIT: Ooh, and of course Death would make an appearance. 3nodding )

Anyway, I'll shut up now. It was a thought that ran wild. Post your ideas and discuss them here. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:09 pm
The Changeling Babies and Gimpi EIs were kinda like that....

Anyway, I'm stupid and uncreative so I have nothing to say at the moment. Sorry Pisces sweatdrop

invisible-weirdo

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:16 pm
Except with the Gimpi, you got a little companion person. It would be kinda funny to apply it to your actual avatar, instead of having a little sprite accompanying you.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:18 pm
Well, I think they should fix the system bugs, then recolor the older items (like, update and add to the colors,) and then fix the cash shop item prices. There should be a set price for EIs and Donation items, just like the MCs.

That said, I want more darkness-themed items. I'd like to see some inspired by older TV shows, like Voltron, Gundam, Thundercats, or Speed Racer. biggrin  

The Dinosaur Next Door

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:20 pm
Ooh ooh! *points to Steph* What she said!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:25 pm
I just thought it would be easier for the regular donators, so they know how mush cash they're going to spend. Not to mention that it would help keep the system from bugging out with so many errors to fix up the older items and clean out the excess junk that causes all the system problems. biggrin  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:53 pm
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

Me, being the gamer that I am, would love to see something based off of video games. I understand the whole "copyright" Crap, but that can be avoided. Make some basic stuff that will work better for cosplays and such. Such as a plain black shield. There's no way Miyamoto could lay claim to something like that, yet it would be perfect for a Dark Link cosplay.

Anyway, make it an EI. Start it off as a gameboy or something. then have it morph into other stuff. Mainly weapons or clothes similar to that of video game characters, but not neccesarilly the same item.

If you can't tell, I'm still irked about the lack of decent shields for my Dark Link cosplay xd

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:18 pm
You know that Voltron Idea that Steph threw out earlier? What if, like the death whisper's final stage, you got different parts and could combine with other people to form Voltron/Megazord/Etc.? Would that not be awesome?  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:13 pm
That would be exactly awesome enough to make me squee. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:01 pm
OMG that would be epic >w<

....speaking of which, did that awesome idea of Pendragon's ever go down? Y'know, the one where you DW guys were gonna play a giant walking skeleton in zOMG?

invisible-weirdo

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:09 am
Pokemon. Or some equivalent. Though the Goh Reed or whatever it's called seems to be doing that with its "Pika-otter"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:16 am
invisible-weirdo
OMG that would be epic >w<

....speaking of which, did that awesome idea of Pendragon's ever go down? Y'know, the one where you DW guys were gonna play a giant walking skeleton in zOMG?
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

No it didn't, which makes me incredibly sad.

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

pepsi505

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:16 am
Bump. (=  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:20 am
Please do not bump. Bumping is not allowed in the ATG since this guild is for discussion topics.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Kire Kaysan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:14 am
I think there should be more cultural store items and a series of just plain weaponry like just plain swords, bows, shields, maces, guns, and such ranging in color. They weapons don't need to be fancy either; and sold for a decent price with 20,000 being the highest price. Gaia also needs to fix the placement of weapons in our hands because some look really bad.

I remember when I first joined gaia, there was a page that had future plans: one thing was a weapon shop. If you look at the map of the Isle of Gambino there was an image of a shop with swords, and many assumed that would be the weapons shop. In Ian's old shop layout, there was also a basket full of weapons. Gaia never lived up to that promise.

Gaia needs to stop putting stuff in the Prize and Joy, because it's a pain in the wazoo to get tickets.
Ian's old shop  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff