Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Text Messaging Alert (Is it free?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laffable

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:19 pm
I was wondering about the text message alerts, and I have free unlimited texting. But then it say Standard rates apply? is it free or not?
ninja

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:27 pm
I have heard from other members that it does fit in with your normal text allowance. However I haven't tested it myself.  

Sharkworld

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100

Sub Blu3

Gracious Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:33 pm
I have unlimited texting from AT&T and it does not cost me anything for the alerts.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:34 pm
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that it's saying that you'll be charged whatever it is you are normally charged for receiving text messages. I have no text messaging plan from Sprint (though we're switching companies this May), and I get charged about 15 cents to receive a message; I can expect to pay 15 cents to receive an alert, which is 15 cents more than someone can expect to pay if they have unlimited texting.

Hope this helps. ^__^

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

KittyKat62

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:09 pm
I have unlimited texting from T-Mobile. I don't accrue any additional charges from receiving Gaia alerts on my cell phone.

I'm pretty sure that no matter what your service provider, a text message coming from Gaia costs the same as a text coming from anyone else. Gaia doesn't add their own charge for the text.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:09 pm
If you have an unlimited plan then the texts cost nothing, but if it's another plan for a reduced rate then that rate would apply. It all depends on the wireless company. Some may charge 5 cents for a plan then others a higher rate. The one catch although is if you don't have a texting plan and a regular/ normal wireless plan. Charges for texting from that company without a texting plan would be the rate set.

So lets say you opened 5 texts from Gaia for 15 cents at the regular company rate then you would be charged 75 cents. That would be considered a none texting plan charge. If it was maybe a reduced rate plan of 5 cents each text then it would cost that much and etc...

All depends on the company and plan you have.  

Casethion

Combative Raider

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces