Submit

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:17 pm
A game that developer Zipper is making... It's an online-only First-Person Shooter for the PS3 that will feature up to 256-player games. Sounds overly-ambitious? Yes. Prone to huge lag? Yes. Good idea? Yes. They're saying that they've been working on eliminating lag for a very long time, which is reassuring, and they've said that the average frames per second is about 30... But still, it's easy to be like "lol yeah right".

I dunno. Biggest problem? It's on the Playstation 3 only. Honestly, it sounds like something that would fit better on a PC, but, hey, whatever. Anyway it's looking like it'll be an absolutely epic game, but there are tons of things that could ruin the entire formula. So yeah, we'll see how it ends up. Even if it bombs, it's going to encourage other developers to work towards such ambitions.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:34 am
Sounds like mayhem! If they can pull it off, more power to them.

The thing about the PS3 is its computing power. It's got a lot of go under that casing. Scientists use them to process high volumes of information.
I think it can handle massive multiuser wargaming. ninja  

echobunny

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:48 am
Pink marshmellow 132
BLAH BLAH BLAH!
-falcon kicks- Shut up stare

Echobunny it packs a punch but it gives a punch in the balls when you try to release that power. It's fronking hard. Besides I doubt that PSN is powerful enough to manage this I doubt that even Xbox Live is powerful enough. One bad connection and the whole game is down and out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:58 am
Soul of Aqua
Pink marshmellow 132
BLAH BLAH BLAH!
-falcon kicks- Shut up stare

Echobunny it packs a punch but it gives a punch in the balls when you try to release that power. It's fronking hard. Besides I doubt that PSN is powerful enough to manage this I doubt that even Xbox Live is powerful enough. One bad connection and the whole game is down and out.

Hah. I deleted the post now FYI.

Yeah, that's the problem, now isn't it? That's why I think it probably wouldn't work too well. Plus it would probably require a godly internet connection to do well.  

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Prince-I

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:07 am
Sony servers can handle a lot more the the microsoft's, but Microsoft's is used on a greater scale than Sony's.

I hate to quote so many other people, but this game is something that is only POSSIBLE on the PS3.  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games