7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Gold!!!!!!!!
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

TieselGirl09

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:04 pm
Someone I know brought up this conversation and I thought I'd ask your opinion smile

They're opinion is:

''Is a experimental death a experiment or sucide?
Im not saying that someone is trying to kill themselves because there depressed about living. Im talking about killing oneselves because they want to see the other side. Lets say someone killed themselves because they thought it as a experiment but not veiwing it as killing themslves. Do you still call this sucide or a experiment?''

My personal opinion is:

Well you'd have to be slightly suicidal to do it or feel like your life on this world has ended and there is a better life for you elsewhere. Technically it's suicide but I'd class it as neither that or experimental. I'd class it as longing for another world/life (feeling you would be happier elsewhere as long as it isn't on earth) you could also class it as travel or even not technically a death because a body is just a suit that spirits wearto protect them from the earths climate and fumes. Some people believe that when they die, the spirit just sheds their suit and flys off elsewhere to continue their life elsewhere. So technically it isn't death either. It can't be an experiment either as how would they come back to prove their results and findings? I know it sounds weird but that's a conversation me and my friends had recently and we all agree.

Discuss your opinions and beliefs on:

Death itself,
Before / during / after death thoughts,
Suicide,
How it would feel,
What you would want your last thought's to be,
How you would want to die,
The spiritual world,
Mediums,
Tarot card's predicting death,
How thoughts / feeling's would be different between accidental and deliberate deaths,
How you feel about the subject itself,

etc...

Thank-you for reading smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:22 pm
TieselGirl09
Lets say someone killed themselves because they thought it as a experiment but not veiwing it as killing themslves.
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

If they killed themselves, it's suicide. No matter what the reason behind the suicide, it doesn't change it.

Also, I believe in no afterlife, so...

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:28 pm
Let's look at what the word "suicide" means.
Sui (oneself) cide (to kill).

So, regardless of the reasons behind it, killing oneself is suicide.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:34 pm
Question:
How this person report their findings, seeing how they're dead? That seems to make the 'experiment' kind of tricky in my opinion
confused  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:45 pm
It is still suicide. Whatever their reasoning for the act may be, it still fits the definition of suicide:

Quote:
Suicide
Su"i*cide, n. [L. sui of one's self (akin to suus one's own) + caedere to slay, to kill. Cf. So, adv., Homicide.]

1. The act of taking one's own life voluntary and intentionally; self-murder; specifically (Law), the felonious killing of one's self; the deliberate and intentional destruction of one's own life by a person of years of discretion and of sound mind.

2. One guilty of self-murder; a felo-de-se.

3. Ruin of one's own interests. "Intestine war, which may be justly called political suicide." --V. Knox.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

I might call it experimental death if it were done under controlled conditions with the intent of reviving the person in the hope of achieving an out-of-body experience but just plum killing yourself isn't experimental. Like Yunie said, a dead person can hardly report experimental findings to us and whatever you discover when you kill yourself will be old news to all the other dead people anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:55 pm
This is just too much of a gamble to experiment with. It is suicide, period.
Therefore the thought = retarded.

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:55 pm
[WARNING: The following post shall likely be incoherent and unsuitable for those who don't want their brain to go 'Boosh' upon attempting to decipher]

Unless they're only aiming to be technically dead (heart stops briefly, etc) and then resuscitated (...yes, like that episode of House), then there's no way it's an experiment. If they just want to outright kill themselves to see the other side, then it's just suicide. Part of conducting an experiment is being able to record your findings as well as repeating it to confirm your findings. There's really no way you can do that by just killing yourself =/

[/babblyness]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:57 pm

I really don't have anything to add to this conversation.

Suicide is ******** stupid. "I'm going to commit suicide and tell them it's an experiment!" ******** that. If you commit suicide for any reason, you're proving to the world that you're more of an idiot than everyone on this planet who actually decides to keep living. That's saying a lot, if you think about it.

Suicide or suicidal experiment... It's the same thing. Ending your life to get attention that you'll never be around to enjoy.

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:58 pm
It's still suicide. It's also a sociological thing. Read the Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell, that's all I can contribute to this.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 pm
Yeah, It's plain suicide, some stupid s***,. Nothing more than that.  

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200

horsley121

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:59 pm
True true, you've all argued some very good points. Yet I believe that there is life after death. The body is just a shell and the spirits inside it and Tiesel explained. I agree with her completley yet in some aspects I believe that suicide is suicide.

(new person, 1st post so don't hurt me XD)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:11 pm
Are any of you actually reading what I'm darn well saying?? Yes most of you made some brilliant point's but the rest are all just reading what the person above them has said and writing exactly the same thing.

If you read My personal opinion properley then you would understand what I am saying in this context.

TieselGirl09
My personal opinion is:

Well you'd have to be slightly suicidal to do it or feel like your life on this world has ended and there is a better life for you elsewhere. Technically it's suicide but I'd class it as neither that or experimental. I'd class it as longing for another world/life (feeling you would be happier elsewhere as long as it isn't on earth) you could also class it as travel or even not technically a death because a body is just a suit that spirits wearto protect them from the earths climate and fumes. Some people believe that when they die, the spirit just sheds their suit and flys off elsewhere to continue their life elsewhere. So technically it isn't death either. It can't be an experiment either as how would they come back to prove their results and findings? I know it sounds weird but that's a conversation me and my friends had recently and we all agree.

I want to know what you personally think not the person above you.
For example:
Invis brought up some really great point's,
Terra also brought up an excellent point,
Yunie also did.

The rest of you are all just stating that it's suicide. I kinda figured that one put on my own. All I wanted was a small debate/conversation about it.

Jeebz!!

TieselGirl09

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:11 pm
User Image

That's a stupid "experiment"! You'll die one day anyways. Wait until then. And you can't experiment with death anyways! Like what Weirdo said, unless you were going to be dead for less than 5 minutes it's just a plainly stupid a** idea!

/Of stupid thread now?

Edit:

TieselGirl09
you could also class it as travel or even not technically a death because a body is just a suit that spirits wearto protect them from the earths climate and fumes. Some people believe that when they die, the spirit just sheds their suit and flys off elsewhere to continue their life elsewhere. So technically it isn't death either.

Um, this is your view on it, not others so this point is moot. You asked for personal opinions, and this is what you're getting. Calm down.
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:14 pm
TieselGirl09
The rest of you are all just stating that it's suicide. I kinda figured that one put on my own. All I wanted was a small debate/conversation about it.

Jeebz!!

Because there's really not much to debate about =/ Everyone is simply saying that such an experiment would be profoundly stupid. And it's not even really an experiment, just suicide with some sugarcoating.

EDIT: After reading the first post like 3 more times, I just need to ask...did you mean for this to be a discussion on whether or not there is an afterlife? =/ Cuz if you did, the title is extremely misleading and besides, it would probably be better suited for the IDD subforum...

invisible-weirdo

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces