Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Soulbound Items

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M i A S M i C scene

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:51 am
Is it possible to UN-soulbound items?  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:28 am
Words are a waste of time

To date - no.

Destruction is a language everyone understands

Lionel the Omnipotent

Unbeatable Lunatic

KittyKat62

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:01 am
As Lionel said, no, it's not possible. Soulbounding of items was intended to ensure certain things -- like gifts, zOMG! rings and special event items -- could not be traded or sold. I'm really not a fan of soulbounding as I think it puts a limit on capitalism, but Gaia determined it was for the better.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:29 am
Thanks. I've just got two of the same rings on ZOMG, and I don't really need both of them :S  

M i A S M i C scene

KittyKat62

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:18 am
I'm not certain, but I think the rings only become soulbound if equipped. Again though, I'm not 100% sure.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:54 pm
neophyte_expert
Thanks. I've just got two of the same rings on ZOMG, and I don't really need both of them :S

After Dec. 8, 2008, all rings you get in zOMG become soulbound whether you equip them or not. All you can do is salvage them for orbs or sell back to the shops for 2g each.

Rings obtained prior to that date which have not been equipped are still unbound. They are the source of the ones you see in the MP.  

Avzel

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff