Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe in Karma?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:54 am
Hello guildies, I'm wondering what you guys think about Karma. I'm not being to technical with my question, basically just do believe that if we sow goodness, we will reap goodness; if we sow evil, we will reap evil?

I know generally Karma is also linked to actions is past lives but then you would have to believe in reincarnation and such to. I'm jst alking about this lifetime and Karama. Personally I think it's a load of BS. I mean maybe bad people will end up with shitty live later ro something, but just now its not great to see when they are having happy lives even though they hurt others.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:32 am
User ImageI do not suffer from insanity.....

In a small sense I do believe in karma, in the terms that you will always pay for the consequences of your actions in some way or another, whether they are good consequences or bad it does not matter.

...I imerse myself in it.User Image  

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

palnoki

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:47 am
I do believe karma works and for subtle reasons. Generally if oyu a bad person and make hateful and mean actions, your surrounding yourself with you descisions and peopel around you and events you have built up will be built upon what you make. for example a drug dealer is a bad thing and you might get buste by the cops or get robbed for your drugs and you say damn what bad luck. But it really is just the nature of the climate you put yourself in. On the other hand peopel that do good things and genralyl are cheerful fibnd people that are equally liek that and usualyl have a good life like a friend you bond closely with that helps you out when you run out of gas or you having spent tiem with your neighboors help each other in projects.

ALso other karma related phenomina we see if maybe if someone has a bad habit liek smoking or being lazy, eventualyl those things will backfire. And if someone does community service maybe they meet someone random or have an act of kindness form someon they help again this type of behavior drives karma I think.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:58 am
i do believe in karma somewhat. If you do something horribly wrong, you're going to get it slapped back in your face. But bad things do happen to good people.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:10 am
I do believe in Karma and so I in reincarnation.

Basically, if you do bad things to other people, you going to have something coming to you maybe ten times worse than what you did. If you do good deeds (like help with a charity, take care of the elderly or your community, or just help out other people when they need it) then good things will come your way.

But you can't forget the saying: "s**t happens, s**t happens." Some people believe in that quotation and that's alright. No one here is questioning each other's beliefs (That's wrong kiddies!).
If your an open-minded person, then that's cool. If your a close-minded person, then that's fine too.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:23 am
—(••÷[ ♥ ]÷••)—

In order to understand it completely, I kind of melded the concept of karma with the Egyptian idea that after death, the gods place your heart on a scale with a feather, and if your heart is heavy with sin, you are eaten by a horrific monster... I think if you do good in life and exude positivity, you will receive it from others, and after death, the universe. If you put negativity out and are cruel, then you receive equal treatment in life and death.
So, yes and no.

—(••÷[ ♥ ]÷••)—

The Dinosaur Next Door

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:26 pm
long answer short: yes. xd
sometimes karma can be a B**ch, and other times karma doesn't seem to act fast enough. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:17 pm
I don't necessarily believe in Karma...I do believe that if you do the right thing, others will see that and more then likely return the favor, and vise versa if you are in the wrong.

Now, on occasion I will attribute something as being Karma related in light discourse, but that's after the fact. I don't expect a good or ill deed to be returned by another, but it is a good feeling when it happens.

One such example actually happened this weekend, when I pulled a weekend duty for another member so that he could spend the weekend packing up and moving out of his house. Turns out, this weekend (a rare four day weekend...made even rarer in my line of work), those that worked this past weekend duty had to work on Friday, as well, so that nobody would be working a full four day weekend. However, as I found out on Wednesday, several members hadn't completed their monthly training, and so they swapped some of us with them, and I happened to be one of the members swapped. Good Karma? I doubt it, but it was definitely nice to see my generosity not screw me over.

Although, I probably could have used that weekend better studying for that WAPS test that I most likely failed miserably on Monday...oh well, always next year.  

Undakai
Crew

Oddplume

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:04 pm
Perhaps in a sense. Karma to me has been more of a system of moving cogs, like a clock work machine. It doesn't take actions as positive or negative, good or bad, but just actions building on one another in one big perpetuated motion.

Reincarnation not so much. I would need to see more evidence on that.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:46 pm
I guess my main reason for not believeing in Karma may be kind of silly but anywho. I feel like I'm a decent nice person. Some friends even describe as being too nice and forgiving to others. Yet I don't feel like I am living a particulariallly happy life. And then when I find someone that makes me extremely happy she does many incredably cruel thigns to me as well as someone I though was a good friend also did some harsh things to me and neither of them talk to me no more. Yet this peraon im referring to is happy with her boyfriend who she cheated on to be with me etc...

Mybe good stuff is coming my way in the future? Maybe bad stuff coming her way in the future also? Perhaps a simple case of KArma not acting fast enough, perhaps me wanting something bad tp happen to her is making bad thigns happen to me? emo
rant>

It's really just one of those why does good stuff happen to bad people and bad stuff happens to good people questions. I'm certainly a believer in the whole "Nice guys finish last" idea.  

Surazal Dloc

palnoki

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:00 pm
man everyone questions what karma is but not it's certainty. I don't think karma works all the time, that is why bad stuff happen to good people and vice versa. karma gives a good chance of somethign happening but free will and destiny get int he way of karma which might just be a small factor in the equation of life.

Surazal, it might be the kind of girls your looking at aren't right for you. and oyu keep getting burned. trying something completely different and off the wall to meet your next girlfriend and see if they are a better match. maybe your just making the same mistake and believe me the world will crush you to your knees if you let it. sometimes it doesn't seem fair one way but then again there is nothign that limits happyness either  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:00 pm
To some extent, yes I do believe in karma. If your a generally nice and decent person, and live a nice and decent life, it's expected that your life will stay nice, right? Uh, to re-word that, an average man will lead an average life. But, there will always be exceptions to this rule, aka, the point where my belief starts to falter. Bad things can happen to good people for no apparent reason. Say for instance, a baby is born with a heart deformity. This definitely is not the baby's fault, and although it may be the mother's fault, this negative problem effects more then just her.

Personally, I think to some extent karma is totally correct; as a lot of the time bad things you do come back and bit you in the butt. How you live your life, and the decisions you make hold a lot of the power in your life and what will happen to it, but there is always the factor of the unknown, the unexpected, and the unfair. For people to say that because something bad happens to you, that it is your fault is completely unjust. Yeah, sometimes it is past actions biting you in the arse, but I think to always assume that right away is flawed thinking.

Oops, think I went a little off-topic there...

Yggdrasiln

Backwoods Backpacker

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:55 pm
palnoki
Surazal, it might be the kind of girls your looking at aren't right for you. and oyu keep getting burned. trying something completely different and off the wall to meet your next girlfriend and see if they are a better match. maybe your just making the same mistake and believe me the world will crush you to your knees if you let it. sometimes it doesn't seem fair one way but then again there is nothign that limits happyness either

While I do somewhat agree with this, that was only part of my example. And its not the only thing I've felt to be rather big and negative on my life. But anyway, I guess life just sucks sometiems.

Something else that occured to me is that when something bad happens to a bad person we tend to straight away go "It was Karma!" yet we seem to just be ignorant of it when Karma doesn't work, or soemthing bad happens to a good person. What I'm trying to say is, do we only believe it when it actually works? Thats almost like saying since drink and driving will only causes liek 20% of accidents its safer to be drunk than sober while driving.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:30 am
Some aspects of life that some people think of as karma just seem like common sense. For example, if you're a jerk to someone then they might punch you in the mouth, this is not karma; this is just what you get for being a jerk to someone.  

Zombie1429

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:01 pm
—(••÷[ ♥ ]÷••)—

It can be argued that the concept of karma applies more to events than people... there's really no discerning what makes people behave the ways they do... to me, karma is more the journey of your soul rather than the actions/reactions of humans.

—(••÷[ ♥ ]÷••)—

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces