Hey New People Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:08 pm
User Image
I know that you don't really know who's who and what's what. And that's ok, but let me just say one thing:

STOP ******** NECROING THREADS.

Thank you.

- This has been a public service announcement by GTR who is in too much pain from the dentist to address every issue individually.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: Trish the Stalker

"What you don't seem to understand is that I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me." - Rorschach

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:15 pm
Um...and for those of us who aren't new...what the heck is the meaning of the term "necroing"?  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:18 pm
"necroing" is to bring back dead threads, which um... has been happening a lot lately. Not that dead but like hasn't been posted in at least a week or so. It is getting slightly frustrating..  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:22 pm
Er... I don't mind necroing so much... if they actually have something to *add* to the topic, that is. smile  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:23 pm
Really? Only a week? Some of those threads I haven't seen in months. It's like seeing a relative that nobody wants but just can't get rid of.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:24 pm
I usually stick to threads that have been posted on within the last two-three days...
Who wants to post on a thread if it isn't going to get a reply, anyway?  

lizzica

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:46 pm
Ah, necroing, now the term makes sense...but even zombie threads deserve loving if they are good enough.

Yes, if a thread flat lines, it generally is no longer of interest to current members. But does that mean we must deprive new members of the opportunity to make their remarks in such threads that the rest of us posted in, even if it has been a little while?

I admire the new member who looks back a few pages to get a bit of the history of our posts. It shows a level of interest in participating beyond just posting emoticons and "LOL" remarks.

Granted, the new members that necro threads only to post "lolz, thatz 2 cool" tend to make me shake my head.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:49 pm
I hope I'm not one of the one who has been necroing... sad  

XxDarkMalicexX

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 pm
I lock threads that have come back from the dead sometimes.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:21 pm
The necromancy doesn't bother me. If I'm no interested in the thread, I don't click on it. That is all.  

124-C

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:48 pm
I'd certainly appreciate it more if a newer member takes the time to bring back an old thread instead of making a new one of the same thing.

That way you can reminisce about things instead of looking at the copy thread and saying to your deaf screen. "I posted in one of those already I'm not going to repeat myself!"
I like reading old posts and sometimes thinking "what the heck was wrong with you when you posted that!"

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:46 pm
User Image

There's a limit though. I mean there's a reason no one has looked at it in a few months or even a year. I think it was a few weeks, maybe a month ago now time isn't my friend anymore, ago someone brought back a thread that was something like a year and a half old! That's just not necessary!
User Image

God-Raped-Me

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:50 pm
I figure it's ok as long as they make a relevant post instead of a spammy bit of crap that makes everyone roll their eyes/glare at them. >.>  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:29 pm
I am an old ATG member =]

lolz, thatz 2 cool

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
Captain Shram has answered your thread

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:45 am
User Image

I just think about how many pages they must look through when they bring something back from over a year ago. Not only that, it takes them HOW LONG to find something that interests them?! Wow, that's just wow to me!
User Image

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces