Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:26 pm
Ok, so I've recently brought myself to actually download a Miley Cyrus song. I downloaded the Climb and it struck me, why isn't she singing country? She's got so much more of that deep rich country voice, not pop. In my opinion, she's ruining herself by singing pop. There's too many "fake" pop singers nowadays and not many good country. I love Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood, they're amazing. Cyrus is not of their caliber, but she could be as she grows older and matures a bit. What do you guys think??  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:02 pm
I don't care what kind of music she makes, so long as I don't have to listen to it. ^_^

If she has a husky voice, she could be equally suited to jazz, I suppose.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:13 pm
Who is she? I'm not familiar with that name.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:51 pm
Think Hannah Montanna, Thal.

Miley Cyrus should stop belting and singing in an inappropriate range for her voice while she still has a voice. She has already developed vocal nodules, the same condition that destroyed Julie Andrews' singing voice and made Whitney Houston sound hoarse and breathy.

I have absolutely NO respect for her manager or her vocal coaches, for not insisting that she sing in a more appropriate manner so as not to damage her developing voice.

The huskiness is a symptom, guys.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:47 pm
She sings pop because it's the easiest genre for them to sell to the pre-teens. Unfortunately these days it's easier to sell an image as opposed to actual talent. Now Disney keeps on crapping out the same generic thing because they know that it sells. I find the resulting product tacky and the overall practice rather tasteless.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:13 am
[ Terra ]
She sings pop because it's the easiest genre for them to sell to the pre-teens. Unfortunately these days it's easier to sell an image as opposed to actual talent. Now Disney keeps on crapping out the same generic thing because they know that it sells. I find the resulting product tacky and the overall practice rather tasteless.
Thank you for taking care of half of my post for me.

Two points I would like to make:
1. Pop is where the money is for her right now.
2. She could always do country later. How many older pop stars do you see, anyway?  

Indigo Project

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:17 am
She won't be able to do ANYTHING later if she keeps abusing her voice so horribly! evil  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:47 am
Kalstolyn
She won't be able to do ANYTHING later if she keeps abusing her voice so horribly! evil

Hooray! She won't be able to sing! Keep at it Miley!

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Matrias Fierno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:48 am
Kalstolyn
Hmm...

Yep, I'm alright with that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:33 am
I am an old ATG member =]

I don't understand this in thing with hating Miley Cyrus.
Sure she isn't the Greatest out there but she's not crap either and as far as I've heard she has potential.
With that she sings to young teens and older children so nobody should have a problem with her.

Anybody who hates her for having a show that many young "Adults" find annoying are being stupid. You Don't Have To Watch The Show!

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
Captain Shram has answered your thread

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:37 am
I personally can't stand her show and can't stand all the merchandise they have out there for her but you know what? I don't hate her, I feel pity for her. You wanna know why? Because Disney is out there pawning her off as Miley Cyrus and giving her this little cookie cutter way of showing herself and not letting her grow in the least. Remember guys, Disney freakin OWNS your a** when you sign up with them and you can't do s**t without their approval. I really and honestly feel bad for her cause she will never ever be able to get out of this s**t she's now stuck in even if she really wanted to.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:49 am
I'm with Shram on the Miley hate.

But I do agree she's really more suited to do country than pop. Although as Kals said...she really needs to take care of her voice.

And actually Sanzo, Disney lets the kids loose after they grow up as they don't make as much money off the big-kid crowd and don't want to deal with the crap the older kids do. Such as everything Lindsey Lohan has done since her Disney contract ran out. If Miley wanted to be famous, then Disney was clearly the way to go. At least she gets to work with her dad.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
wakusei
I'm with Shram on the Miley hate.

But I do agree she's really more suited to do country than pop. Although as Kals said...she really needs to take care of her voice.

And actually Sanzo, Disney lets the kids loose after they grow up as they don't make as much money off the big-kid crowd and don't want to deal with the crap the older kids do. Such as everything Lindsey Lohan has done since her Disney contract ran out. If Miley wanted to be famous, then Disney was clearly the way to go. At least she gets to work with her dad.
I am an old ATG member =]

Hillary duff is a good example for moving on to other movies
She's fairly decent in War.Inc and she's not in Dinsey anymore, but when she was in Disney I remember people showed the same amount of "hate" as for Miley Cyrus.

Edit: Added not is that Hillary is also a Singer.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
Captain Shram has answered your thread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:54 am
ninja Disney is still evil. And lets be honest, after you work with Disney its really hard to get that stigma off. Hell I dunno how many people criticize Shia LeBeouf (can't remember how to spell his name) not because he isn't a good actor but because he was with Disney  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:59 am
Sanzoskitsune
ninja Disney is still evil. And lets be honest, after you work with Disney its really hard to get that stigma off. Hell I dunno how many people criticize Shia LeBeouf (can't remember how to spell his name) not because he isn't a good actor but because he was with Disney

Hmm...haven't we had this conversation of Disney being evil before? xd

I don't really see any Disney stigma. It's not like people are going "Brittany Spears and Justin Timberlake are just stupid Disney kids, blah." But they were.
I hear nothing but praise for Shia. Even when he messes up and gets arrested, he gets off for his boyish grin and does well at the box office. I mean, who hasn't seen Transformers?

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff