O Canada?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:51 pm
User Image

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000230098&owner=include&count=40

Click the link.

Read the information on the page.

Make sure you understand the information on the link before posting.

Now I will talk about it. Canada is a corporation that belongs to the US. I hope you noticed this when looking at the page:

SIC: 8880 - UNKNOWN SIC - 8880
State location: DC | Fiscal Year End: 0331

That's what we are filed under. Unknown SIC. Why because people don't want anyone to know about it.

Sorry Canadians, we're all technically Americans.
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:15 pm
So the invasion began on schedule then... Goood. Goood. >D

Better start learning that Anthem, eh? Mwahahahahaaaa...  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:57 pm
Quote:
Business Address
CANADIAN EMBASSY
1746 MASSACHUSETTS AVE NW
WASHINGTON DC 20036

I believe that's no more than the Canadian Embassy. I don't think it's the country, otherwise they really wouldn't be able to put an address on it. Even if they could, I don't think it'd be an address that's here in America. Yeah, probably just the Embassy itself. I mean, if all Canadians were considered Americans then I see no reason to set up border control and the need for passports and stuff if America owned Canada.

Unless this topic was meant as a joke, in which case... WHOOOOOSSSHHHH!!!! Way over my head >_>  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:06 pm
It has nothing to do with sovereignty. Basically, Canada trades in exchanges in the USA and is, for those purposes, treated like a company and subject to the same rules that a company is. As such, they have to fill out the proper paperwork showing that they're playing by the rules.

Read up on The Securities Exchange Act of 1934.  

124-C

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:12 am
124-C
It has nothing to do with sovereignty. Basically, Canada trades in exchanges in the USA and is, for those purposes, treated like a company and subject to the same rules that a company is. As such, they have to fill out the proper paperwork showing that they're playing by the rules.

User Image

If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:52 am
God-Raped-Me
124-C

User Image

User Image

There could always be the possibility that it's actually a Trojan Duck filled with rabid ninja squirrels plotting to take over your duck pond eek  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

124-C

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:46 pm
God-Raped-Me
124-C

User Image

User Image

Except that the duck is not owned by the pond. Only subject to it's rules while it dabbles there.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games