Sponsor items I like
  A Skittles Item
  A Tsubasa Item
  A Magic the Gathering Orb
  A Kung Fu Panda item
  Slime!
  POTC item! Yay for tentacle beard!
  Sims, I <3 the Plumbob
  Bee Movie! I...actually like the bee suit...
  Other
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:59 am
So we get a lot of freebie items from various Gaia sponsors. Some of them are kinda lame, but others I'm very fond of. I really love Sakura's cloak from the Tsubasa quests, not to mention the goggles whee I love that manga series. And I'm thrilled with these new swords, and will probably use them when I RP. So ATG What sponsor items do you like/dislike. Please note that this isn't a topic about whether or not Gaia should have sponsors or whatever, it's just a topic about which items you like. Also, what sponsor items would you like to see on Gaia someday? Giant novelty "Valve"s to implant on our heads? Pokemaaans? Giant Hershey bar costumes?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:38 am
I like the sponsor items, but I kind of wish Gaia would go with a theme or sponsor items more color/pose options. They're usually cute items, but it's hard to incorporate some of them without looking gawdy and noobish.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:45 am
Yeah I know what you mean. I see so many new Gaians sporting a full Skittles set xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:50 am
Or you'll see an otherwise epik avi with an item that just doesn't quite fit, and it's like, "I see what you're going for, but all I can focus on is your failure." I'd really like a lot more color options for items, anyway, but sponsor items specifically... I wish they weren't so garish.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:23 am
I like the plumbob, but I wish it could be yellow, white and red too... whee

And Syaoran's goggles are spiffy.

I've been kind of slacking off on collecting the freebie items as of late, though.... Don't know why.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:18 am
Those Bee Movie items were just awful. The helmet was kinda meh but, that suit >.< Why couldn't they have made something cute and bee themed? Like more along the lines of that Queen Bee item. sad  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:43 am
Believe me, I was never more pleased with gaia when they released the Sonic Black Knight buddy. Not necessarily because the item is great, really the only reason is because I'm such a Sonic fan. I kinda wish that one had more poses, which could have EASILY been done if they had taken the initiative to include some of the other characters (I know at least Shadow and Knuckles have medieval weaponry.) This new sword is also a great item, a cheap weapon. The only items I don't like (that I can think of at the moment) Ala already mentioned, the Bee Movie items. The gun looks retarded, as well as the other stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:15 am
Syaoran's cloak is pretty nice too as is Fai's coat! And yes the new sword is brilliant considering its a freebie.
The Twilight Sparkle skin is nice as well. (Put in four, Pommel horse, and slaughter shack if you haven't gotten it)
Oh and I haven't used it yet but I like Hatsworth's monocle.
The Nancy Drew pack has it's uses as does the Verison clutch purse, the Kung Fu panda shuriken, and the alchemist book (which is spelt wrong).

I have quite a few but I'm choosy. I get the ones I think ill use.
I don't like the skittles even though I have the eyes. They are too garish and don't work with my sorts of avis....I'll stop talking now.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:37 am
I like to test the sponsor items out on a few avis... if they don't work out, I usually send them to Ro. Before I read his sig, I would just sell them or give them away... Some of them have real potential, but they're limited by how plain they're made. I mean, of course I don't expect developers to go overboard on free items, but a little variety would be nice.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:51 pm
i like them all. they make things a bit less.... blah.  

Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff