Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
PM Troubles...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:36 pm
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate...

Me and a few friends had started having PM waiting issues since yesterday. It seems that for certain PMs, you have to wait up to 7 minutes to send a new PM. We have not found a common factor for this wait period since regularly the wait period is between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. But we do have a likely reason for the wait period. Lately SF has been bombed with *** complaints so to filter it, gaia probably added this wait feature to try and slow down the spread of this plague. But it sacrifices our ability to respond to PMs especially someone like me who receives 150+ PMs a day. So my questions are 1) Are you experiencing this problem and 2) Do you have any ideas as to why only certain PMs take so long to send? BTW if you are encountering this problem, I made a feedback thread here.

...The only thing to fear is failure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:08 am
lol, I have a degree in coding and I've never heard of a variable wait timeout before - if there were a universal delay applied to all PMing, it would be the same limit for all, plus or minus the time it takes for the packets to be sent, etc. Obviously, a slower connection / one clogged with more stuff is going to take a perceived longer time.

For your question, I would go to a developer...as they are the ones that truly know. I don't think us regular members can help in this regard.  

Avzel

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:27 am
OV8ION
lol, I have a degree in coding and I've never heard of a variable wait timeout before - if there were a universal delay applied to all PMing, it would be the same limit for all, plus or minus the time it takes for the packets to be sent, etc. Obviously, a slower connection / one clogged with more stuff is going to take a perceived longer time.

For your question, I would go to a developer...as they are the ones that truly know. I don't think us regular members can help in this regard.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate...

I've had a developer (Panagrammic) respond to my thread. He asked for the ID of the PMs that were slowed for investigation or something. Well anyway it seems that I'm not the only one having this problem. It seems that at least 4 other users are having this problem as well. I hope this issue is resolved soon as I have to ignore quite a few PMs because of it.

...The only thing to fear is failure.

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff