Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
So, social networking....not so much?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ItsMeOG

Hunter

8,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:47 pm
So i post on the other forums and i think i have posted away for me and others to make some cash....but nobody looks at posts that don't contain something about free items. I have tried doing some small contests and advertising my other posts in them but still no luck with posts that dont offer giveaways....atm i have only 622 gold and less than 5k in assets and i just wanted to know if anyone could let me know how to better advertise my posts or possibly get some of you to help? here are the links to my posts...

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lotto-money-games/buisiness-proposal/t.50608711/

or

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/buisiness-proposal/t.50600665/  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:05 pm
Write up an Items Quest post, and you can post it in the Items Quest subforum of this guild.

As for getting people to look at your thread, it simply isn't true that there has to be free items involved. If you post something interesting, people will click on it. BUT, considering you are asking people to risk their gold on you, I can see why it wouldn't get responses...I once loaned 5k to a member of this guild who swore he would return all donations as soon as he earned a profit. I'm still waiting, 2 years later. There's no way to distinguish your ad from a scam artist's, no matter how sincere you are.

My advice is to collect your own gold by posting, playing games, booty grabbing, etc. every day, and work that in the MP. Also, apply to charity threads. Pick a few, in this guild and/or elsewhere, and be a regular there. People have achieved high-ticket items just by being a regular, by providing the service of their friendly conversation to those willing to bestow favors.

Also, your 2nd link is broken.  

Avzel

MaetharanelTeleunya

Wealthy Partier

9,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:32 am
There is also the fact that the first thing you said in those posts, is 'im not a scammer/hacker' which may make people think twice about donating. Many have been scammed and/or hacked by people saying just that.

As the above poster said, there are ways you can make gold fast in Gaia. Play the Daily Chance Cart everyday, and sell the items you get on the Market Place. Play games, post in here and on the forums. Take part in te events in Gaia and sell the items you get if you dont want them. Also ask in the Charity Forums. ten if you still want to play te market, put all te gold you got into it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:31 pm
I've got a few suggestions for you for earning gold as well, but just asking for it in a random thread? Bad idea. Saying you'll pay people back? Worse idea. Having an event item from last month and selling it? REALLY GOOD IDEA. Items that people can't get the usual way anymore sell really fast on the marketplace. Post, as the others recommended. Any good at art? If you know how to use a hosting site (for example, photobucket. If you don't, I'd be happy to help) you can sell your art to other gaians for gold. Lots of guilds need banners, you know. Also, gold multiplies fast. I can earn 2000 gold in one day, just by posting and commenting on people's profile, things like that.  

WhenYouWish

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff