Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:49 pm
The Unofficial Thread Greeters

Hey there all of you Soquili Lurkers that wish to become part of the thread, make new friends and become a regular person at the shop.

But the thread is a fast moving river of words and every time you say something, it seems to be swept away and lost in the current. And because of it you just can't seem to get your feet wet. In big threads like Soquili, unless you know someone there, its hard to have a reason to stick around long enough to be noticed.

You post, no one says anything to you to respond to, and you leave, feeling hated and unpopular. However, if you get a few handholds, know a few friendly faces you can draw attention to yourself with, you will be able to stay on longer.

And once you're more involved in the conversations, the more people you know. And the more people you know, the warmer the whole thread feels, until you're comfortable chatting with everyone you notice. However, the thread still moves fast and you sometimes miss people, but I've noticed that a lot of people DO make the effort to talk to people, if you keep posting.

Almost everyone -- Even some of the regulars here -- have that happen, and its disheartening. But this Thread is here to help!

Everyone who posts here is an "unofficial Greeter", people who are friendly and make an effort to talk to everyone who makes themselves known. No longer do you have to fish for greetings, but instead go up to unofficial greeters and introduce yourself, and strike up a conversation. You'll make new friends, and you'll be more involved in the shop itself.

Unofficial Greeter Signup form

[size=18][color=#12597d]Hi! Here's a little bit about me so we're not strangers anymore[/color][/size]
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Timezone[/b]:
[b]Job[/b]:
[b]Likes[/b]:
[b]Dislikes[/b]:
[b]A little bit about you[/b]:
[b]Your message to Lurkers and Newbies[/b]:
[b]Anything else?[/b]:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:04 pm
User Image Hi! Here's a little bit about me so we're not strangers anymore
Username: Mindsend

Timezone:EST

Job: Unemployed Graphic artist/Colorist at Sandpaints

Likes: Roleplay, Dragons, Wonderland, high fantasy, sushi, art, stripes, bold markings, bright colors, cats, and helping people out.

Dislikes: Drama, beggers, and people who make assumptions about people without all the information on them.

A little bit about you: I'm 23 years old and live near the happiest place on earth, where the dishes rattle as the shuttle goes up AND lands.

I'm also rather chatty and, despite what it looks like, surprisingly uncomfortable and self conscious around people, and ramble a lot. However, I work past it and understand that a lot of people are that way.

I have one standard rule: Be nice to me and I'll be nice, and patient, to you. And everyone deserves a second chance, even if they do piss you off once or twice.

Your message to Lurkers and Newbies: Don't be discouraged, and post often when you see one of us greeters on thread, just in case we accidentally missed you.

Anything else?: Just as a warning: I sometimes vanish at odd moments since I get distracted by things easily, such as photoshop. HOWEVER, I try to get back and focus on finding people when I'm around.

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:33 pm
Hi! Here's a little bit about me so we're not strangers anymore
Username: Pippi18848

Timezone: EST

Job: High School Student/Shop Owner on Gaia

Likes: Shineh things, all sorts of animals, Dragons, Fantasy, Reading, My dogs, Reading, having friends from all over, and did I mention reading?

Dislikes: School. Squash the veggie. Drama Llamas. People who whine about petty things.

A little bit about you: I'm 19, will be 20 in July. Due to being homeschooled when I re-enrolled into public school for my senior year and ended up having to start over as a freshman. I'll be in my senior year of school...finally...this coming year. So when I talk about school, yes it's high school even though I'm 20. xD I live in the good ole state of NY, nowheres near NYC though.

I love to talk about books of pretty much any sort, though I tend to read more in the fantasy generes. I'm a pretty fast reader so give me suggestions for books and if I can get my hands on it, I'll probably have it done that same day. xD

One thing I do not tolerate is picking on those who have a disability. My younger brother has Asperger's syndrome so yeah.

Your message to Lurkers and Newbies: Just keep trying. It's hard at first, but never give up. <3 And if I or anyone else doesn't notice you at first, don't take it personally, there's a lot of activity going on in the thread, but when we do see you we'll be sure to say hi. 8D

Anything else?: I love talking to people, so don't think I'm going to bite or anything. D8 And if I am talking to you, and I just out of nowheres just like die for an hour or so don't fret about it. I'm notorious for going downstairs for a drink or food, and then getting distracted by other things. I have an attention span less than a gnat when there's something shineh around. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:15 pm
Username: Quicksilver the Archangel (You can call me 'Quick' or 'QTA' for short~)
Timezone: CST
Job: Currently I work in as a medical coder; in August, I begin life as a graduate student! I'm going to be going for English with concentrations in Folklore and Popular Culture.
Likes: Writing, Anime, Manga, Comics, Cartoons, Books, FOOD, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Matsuri Akino, Animals, Fantasy/Horror, Folklore
Dislikes: Mean people, Abuse, Skanks, Bigots, Soap Opera Drama
A little bit about you: I'm a 23 year old soon to be graduate student; I'll be moving to Arkansas in late July/early August. On the whole, I'm a friendly, easy-going person. I can get a bit quirky, but if you can accept that, then we'll get along just fine! I don't mind light-hearted OOC conversations, but I can also do serious discussion. =3
Your message to Lurkers and Newbies: Just be patient, okay ya'll? If you wait long enough, enter enough, you'll get a pretty pony too. Until then, make friends with the humans around you - that way, when you DO get a pony, you'll have people to go show it off too. ;3
Anything else?:
Please don't be scared to approach me! I swear I dun bite, and I do try to keep up a decent conversation. <3 Even if we don't end up as bestest buds, we can still chitter to one another, right? Also, don't be offended if I suddenly POOF from existence or take a while to respond; I may just miss your post and don't mean it personally! Even if you feel overwhelmed, just remember that we were ALL in your shoes once, and nobody wants to be left out. Take the love and spread it to others!  

Quicksilver the Archangel

Beloved Seraph

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:17 pm
Username:
YamiBakuraChan
Timezone:
Alaska Standard
Job:
Student Assistant on my college campus
Reading, writing, horses, wolves, science fiction, anime, manga and fantasy.
Dislikes:
Liars and whining
A little bit about you:
Umm...I'm 18 going on 19 this year in July. Graduated last year with a class of around 400 students. What was really nice was the fact that we all knew pretty much everyone. Currently I'm going to college in Alaska and majoring in Japanese Studies. If you want to know anything else just ask me. I don't bite. ^^
Your message to Lurkers and Newbies:
Even though I'm also pretty new myself, just keep trying to talk to people. Don't get discouraged.
Anything else?:
Anyone is more than welcome to PM me if they're a part of this thread. I'm more than willing to talk to you. However if I disappear for awhile its not because I'm ignoring you. I might have class or homework and gotten distracted. So please don't take it personally. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:05 pm
Username: Yuuka Kurokawa
Timezone: EST
Job: Disabled/ Charity Owner on Gaia
Likes: Making friends, reading, Soquili, my boyfriend, and lots of other things. ^^
Dislikes: Rude people, beggars, people not being understanding and/or patient, n00bs (not newbies! I like them ^^), biggots, racism, and prejuidce.
A little bit about you:Ah...would you believe I'm 30 years old? sweatdrop I have two cats and a dog. I love baking, it's my one thing I'm really good at and I hope to go to college soon for it. I own one Soquili and co-own another plus I'm hoping to get two more eventually via customs. I like to help people out hence the owning of a charity (which was given to me by a friend before she left Gaia). When I'm not questing I do pick random people to give things to, but not if they beg. I love to RP my pets and though I try to be literate, I'm not strict so long as I can understand you.
Your message to Lurkers and Newbies: Still being somewhat new myself, don't hesitate to say hi. If I see it I'll do my best to respond back. The best person to ask question of is Epine de Rose, she's super awesome and nice. ^^
Anything else?: Please don't be afraid. I'm very nice and don't be discouraged. You never know when someone will co-own or give you a Soquili of your own. The folks in the main thread are very nice. heart  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:00 am
Username: elfstar89
Timezone: Pacific
Job: University of California student (undisclosed campus)/pet shop owner
Likes: horses, unicorns, languages, high fantasy, swords, most things that really are Scottish (as a Scottish dancer, I know my fact from my romantic fiction xd )
Dislikes: sci-fi (sorreh, I just can't get into pure sci-fi), arachnids, death, anything scary, excessive soap opera drama
A little bit about you: I'm generally a shy, quiet person. I can be a little obsessive about things at times and can occasionally be slow to notice things, but if you poke me nicely and you're nice to me, I will most definitely be nice to you. I can be a great shoulder to cry on, just don't get too soap-opera-y on me; it drives me nuts when people are like that. xd
Your message to Lurkers and Newbies: Even if I don't post a lot in Soquili, I'm probably lurking somewhere around the edges, and if you see me, in or outside Soquili, don't hesitate to just talk about whatever crosses your mind first. ^^; There are some really awesome people in the shop, and some of those people have posted forms here. Some of those awesome people, if they see you're a nice person who doesn't beg too much and who truly does want a pretty of their own, will at least be willing to discuss co-ownership with you, and that's a very rewarding experience, to find someone that nice as a newb in such a big shop. Have patience, have courage, and I'm sure something will go right at some point! <33333333
Anything else?: I honestly don't bite. I have one basket so far and one co-owned mare with Pippeh (pippi1884 cool , the latter of which I got co-ownership of a bit over a year ago and the basket I got at the beginning of this month, so I know how frustrating Soquili can be at times. ^^; If you see me or anyone else from this thread in another shop or in Soquili, please, feel free to talk to us: we're nice, we don't bite, we like newbs (not n00bs, though), we may get distracted momentarily in PS or another shop or RP or RL or something, but we're all definitely the sorts to get back to you ASAP. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:38 pm
Username: Lady Evelyn Nyht
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (ET/NAEST)
Job: Hopeful college student; Gaian Charity Owner
Likes: Intelligence/Common Sense, Creativity, Honesty, Maturity, Sensitivity, Manners, Sense of Humor
Dislikes: Stupidity/No Common Sense, Immaturity, Self-Absorbed, Apathetic, Rudeness, Overly-Emotional, Lying, Assumptions
A little bit about you: I joined Gaia Online on May 29th, 2004. Many would call me a charitable heart while others would see me as a coveter. I am an art whore, a literate roleplayer, a charity owner, and much much more. But since profiles only give you an allotted amount of space, I've moved most of my personal information to my journal.
Your message to Lurkers and Newbies: Everyone in this shop started out completely new to the concept and unfamiliar with everyone. It's hard making new friends and scary to ask questions. The only way this can be done is with you making the first effort and never giving up. Never give up, never surrender!
Anything else?: Be the change you want to see in the world! Also, feel free to join conversation in the charity Questline. We like to think of our thread and guild as a nice starting area for newbs to meet others and make friends while they get used to the fast pace of the Soquili main thread. Aside from a place to make friends, we also give donations for Soquili questers. Be sure to stop by and send in your application every month between the 1st and the 15th.  

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:44 am

Username:Rein_Carnation (Please call me Rein or Rein_C)

Timezone:EST ~ Eastern Standard Time

Job: Mundane as anything I currently work in automotive focusing on plastic injection molding. It's not that exciting but it does pay the bills so all is good.

Likes:meeting new people and creating everlasting friendships, writing, cosplaying, reading werewolf novels, spending time with my friends, Anime/Manga, MLPs (My Little Pony), Animals of all kinds but mostly Wolves, Snow Leopards, Ring Tailed Lemurs, and horses, Naruto, plushies and stuffed animals and so much more...

Dislikes:conceited people, loneliness, onions, drama

A little bit about you: Okay I'll start off saying I'm in my late 30's...I'm a quiet person by nature loving the night rather then day. I love getting to know people and who they are. The love of my life is James (Naru_Uchiha007) and we're finally at a year together next month on the 25th. I have a huge MLP collection consisting of Gen 1-Gen 3 including outfits, accessories, memorabilia, and the playsets. I'm a dreamer that loves anything that fits my mood. I'll also go out of my way to make others happy before myself as well.

Your message to Lurkers and Newbies: Never give up and remain positive. Things might seem a bit intimidating at first trying to fit in, but if you strive to be part of something you always will find a way. I've meet some of the most awesome people on Gaia and in this shop that I've known since 2004. All it takes is that first step. Once you bypass that you'll fit right in.

Anything else?: Feel free to Pm me and say Hello. If you happen to have anything in common with me then there's definitely a conversation in progress. I love chatting and plotting with roleplays. Granted I work odd hours being third shift so I take a good bit of hiatus from time to time. I'll be moving permanently to Va with James so my life is going to change drastically. But anyway as I said before stay positive when making friends, entering raffles, customs, and breedings... there's always a chance if you believe you can achieve your dreams.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:54 am
User ImageUsername:
Syaoran-Puu, but please call me Sya or Puu =D

Timezone:
GMT, Yes its a little different to most others but I am proud to be British!

Job:
On gaia I am an inker, editor, colourist and general jobs person.
In the real world I am a Science teacher, currently I am teaching 11-16 year olds. MY faviourite science is Chemistry.

Friendly people, art, books (currently loves Nalini Singh, Sherriyln Kenyon and Lora Leigh), roleplay, vampires, anything dark and romantic. I am a big sucker for romantic RPs and plotting.

Dislikes:
Begging! Pretty much my biggest pet peeve, apart from that I guess I like thieves or people who try to make others feel down on purpose -there is no need for it. Also I really don't like it when my baby is ill, it breaks my heart.

A little bit about you:
I am 22, but I will 23 on the 23rd June (2010). I have a beautiful little girl called Annabell and she is so adorable it makes me smile just seeing her. Always been a social butterfly and I tend to actually get frustrated and lonely when i don't interact with others for more than a few days.

I bought five mollies for my daughters fish tank and the next day I woke up to find 40 babies (had to give more than half of them to my brother and sister), and now I have another five -oh joy! I love my two catfish though, Sebastian and Dominic, they have got so big and Annabell and myself both love watching them sucking on the glass.

Currently I have a new hobby -TRAMPOLINING! It so much fun, plus my hubby bought a 10foot one for our garden so I have to use it to get our monies worth.

Another random little fact about me is I am dyslexic. But it never stops me -just bewarned my spelling is really bad, sometimes it is much worst than others (mainly when I am tried).

Your message to Lurkers and Newbies:
"Meow?" Nah serious..... stop lurking, come in and speak to us all most of us don't bite and those who do only nibble I swear. You never know what may happen if you take a chance- you may find a friend for life. Soquili is home to all my best gaia friends.

Anything else?:
Smile, be happy!

Oh and PMs are always welcome!

My darling Angeni Maion will watch out for you....

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:40 pm
User ImageHi! Here's a little bit about me so we're not strangers anymore
Username: Graceangel
Timezone: Eastern
Job: Retail
Likes: purple, bunnies, camouflage, world of warcraft, murlocs, talbuks, toras, red velvet cupcakes
Dislikes: onions, condescending behavior, elitism, pink, scary dark stuff
A little bit about you: I am a mother. I have a son in 5th grade, so sometimes real life keeps me especially busy even besides work. I have conferences to go to and lots of school functions. my son will always come before gaia. but ask me about my son, i'll be ecstatic to tell you what he's been up to lately!
Your message to Lurkers and Newbies: Persistence pays in Soquili. Along with it is some patience.. because it's sure and steady that wins the race here. Sometimes it can take a long time to win a custom or breeding slot. Just keep getting to know everyone and doing your best.
Anything else?: *sings Journey's 'don't stop believing'* x3  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:41 pm
Ha! I just discovered this place, but since I'm still willing to talk to newbies and such, I'm going to post this anyways!

Username: ATh e a r t ( Call me Heart ;D <3 )
Timezone: PST
Job: Student!
Likes: Reading, Drawing, Sleeping, Eating... Gaia? 8D; COFFEE and TEA <3
Dislikes: Icky Smells, Bugs... stuff that makes peoples' skin crawl D: , most alcoholic beverages
A little bit about you: I'm 19 turning 20 in February. I'm born and raised in California, USA. Originally, I'm from the northern half, but is currently down south for school. They're both very awesome places and if you ever want to meet me in person, get to know me :"D <#

I'm a very lazy person when it comes to school, so even if I'm capable of getting As, my grades are normally Bs or Cs ( XD ). Though I do like to go out and just be out sometimes~ I'm happily dating the best guy in the world 8D ( no joke! )

I've been on Gaia since I was in 8th grade, starting off in the chatterbox, then friends chat, and ultimately here! I've only been at Soquili for about a year, but I still love the shop and the people that come with it! <3 We don't bite O: At least, not most of us c; <3
Your message to Lurkers and Newbies: Feel free to PM me for anything, even if it doesn't regard Soquili!
Anything else?: ILY <3  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Archived

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out