I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:49 am
Inviting friends is sometime very hard for me to do because I have to delete old friends. Most of my friends on my friends list are adults which I have known since I started and like many of us here we do not post much when we are busy working. I have to think long and hard about about whom to drop and which of the 200 friends of mine are never going to come back and chat with me sometime in the future. Does anyone else have this problem or am I the only ancient of days with this problem?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:50 pm
I don't think I've maxed out yet, though there are probably some of my "friends" that no longer play on Gaia... sweatdrop  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:22 pm
I take it there is a limit on one's Gaia friends list? And might that be the figure of 200? If so, Faerie is close to 1/4 of the way there, but I'm not an "ancient" member either. Though there are at least two on my list who have not checked in since sometime last year.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:41 am
I have one friend on here, so I'm not really at risk of reaching the limit any time soon.  

Eiji

5,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:39 am
I clean up my friend list once in awile. First I deleted those who have not log into Gaia for long time and then I choose friends that were random, and finally I remove the ones that I don't talk to anymore.

It may seem cruel to remove them, but it keeps me balanced for new ones.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 pm
If you feel guilty about losing old friends, you could always create another account...though that method has its own set of problems. I dunno, I haven't really reached my limit to ever ponder more thought into that problem.  

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

dahliarose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:27 pm
i have, like, two friends. stare

not because i don't like anyone, just cause i'm not on here much.

i would just delete people i haven't talked to in a couple months.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:30 pm
Well, if it was mutual you would still be on there's, right? So they could track you down whenever they sign back on? I'm not all too familiar with friendslist rules and whatnot.  

Honest Sarcasm

Chris de Medich

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:01 am
I dont think id be losing friends any time soon i got like maybe only 2 in my list lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:14 pm
I have maybe, five friends on here and most of those people have been my friends since I first got on here.  

Lita_Concord

Shinigami Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:24 pm
There's a couple people that I would keep on my friends list (even though we don't talk to much anymore) just cause... who knows? Status updates every few months are nice.

I don't go through and delete my old friends because I have less than 20 to begin with (most people just hate me on gaia anyway).

But being as you have so many, I'd probably consider toning it down a bit. Unless you want to compare it to facebook - I'm friends with everyone just cause Fargo has the small-town mentality of "knowing all the gossip."  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games