Meh.
  Never been on them.
  Cotton candy?
View Results

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:39 pm
Yayyyy!
So I just found out that there's a fair in town, so I'm going there tonight with my roommates and my boyfriend. whee It's been so long since I've been on any fair rides, and I'm realllly excited! I'm practically bouncing up and down like a little kid! I can't wait to go on the zipper.

So ATG, open wide, it's spoon-feeding time! Say ahhhhhh!
-Do you like the fair/carnival/midway/whatever you call it?
-What's your favourite ride?
-What sort of rides would you never go on?
-Do you get motion sickness easily?
-Are fair rides reaalllly expensive where you live?
-Do you get the general idea by now?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:49 pm
That sounds exciting! I can't wait for the county and state fair this summer. I'd have to say that my favorite ride is the spider/octopus one. It's usually called one of those. mrgreen  

Liltweet_gal

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:09 pm
There's one of those in the next town over from me every June....though it always makes me a tad nervous. There's an urban legend that was neither confrimed or denied that someone died on the swings ride. gonk I can't do most of the rides anyway...just the scrambler.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:12 pm
I love rides. Though, I might never ride another ride in a traveling fair again. A place like Six Flags or something... that's different. However, the last fair that was in town, I helped tear down. It made me aware of how the things are put together. But then again, I'm also paranoid about such things. xd  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:21 pm
I'm always afraid the rides will break out from under me, I'm about twice the size of the people they were designed for.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:36 pm
There's a little carnival thing that pops up near my place every couple of months, but I've never been. Mostly cuz then I'd be by myself and it'd be kinda sad sweatdrop But Mr. Cow says he's required to drag me there if it's in town the next time he comes down to visit ^^

I haven't really been to a carnival thingy before though. And if I have gone, then I just don't remember sweatdrop

I'm not much of one for rides though (Mostly cuz I'm a wimp... sweatdrop )

But Yaaaaay! Have fun Tae~

invisible-weirdo

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:03 pm
Oh my god, it was so fun. whee I think I'm going to see if I can afford to go again tomorrow, since I get paid.

I went on over a dozen rides. My favourite was easily the Zipper. I'd never been on it before, and it was incredible.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Freak Out was awesome, too. I wish the ride lasted longer, that was the only down-side. >.<

Other things we went on:
-Full Tilt
-The Scrambler
-Bumper cars
-A ferris wheel
-A para-gliding themed ride, the name of which I forget
-The Berry-go-Round
-A ginormous slide
-The house of mirrors

It's just a small fair, so we went on everything worth going on. x3  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:53 pm
I LOVE carnival rides. My favorite are the squirrel cages, the ones you can spin around... really reeeeeeeally fast. And then you can stop them upside down when you're heading past the base of the rides. The Zipper is fantastic, too. And I've always loved Enterprise (or whatever they call it now), where they spin the cars really fast. And... um... can you tell I'm kinda fond of carnival rides? ^_^  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

pickle relish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm
Hehe! I love going to the fair, but the rides usually make me sick. The excitement plus the fatty, greasy, sugary food usually leads to me puking. sweatdrop
Not to mention, my friends usually drag me on the rides most likely to give me a headache.

But it's still worth it. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:09 pm
Aw lucky. I wish the carnival was back. My boyfriend actually joined the carnival last year and I didn't get to take advantage of it at all! Same goes for when he worked for the local theme park. =( I haven't been on a ride in ages and it pisses me off! I WANNA RIIIIIIIIDE!!!!!

Edit: By the way, the zipper is fun! XD I liked how it threw you around a bit. My buddy kept throwing a ball around us xD

Firemica

Essence of Crayon

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:40 pm
I miss carnies >;

My favourite rides are the roller coaster and Ferris wheel :"D  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:00 am
I LOVE carnivals! However, I can no longer go on most rides as the slowing down at the end makes me sick now. Ever since having Lydia I can go on 4 or 5 rides and then that's it for me I feel like puking! I also learned that rides make you sick when pregnant too. I went on some when I was preggers with Guin... Oh my god! I was bed ridden the rest of the night. I went on 2 rides that night...

If the scrambler is the same as the one we have here I freaking love that ride, same with the octopus! I've always hated the berry-go-round though!

GTR wanted to get seasons passes and go to Wonderland like every two weeks with his sister and cousin. I'm kinda glad we didn't get the passes. eek

Good to hear you had fun Tae!  

God-Raped-Me

Slightly Blue

3,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:55 am
I rode the Zipper once. Half way through the ride, a screw flew at me. I spazzed out. gonk

Edit: But I'm glad you liked it.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff