Submit

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:40 pm
Single for the first time in like 4-5 years, I was engaged....and I ruined it...I made so many mistakes, took her for granted. And now I am without the person that matters more to me than myself. I thought I had a chance at being with her again after this week, but just now she told me some things that have probably shattered any hopes that I had for us...

I'm sorry for the rant, but I just couldn't hold it in anymore...Thanks for reading.

For sake of discussion:
How do you guys deal with bad breakups?
How do you show someone you care after making them feel like you don't for so long?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:15 pm
I just close my eyes and Float On.

It helps to keep yourself busy so you can cut down the obsession depending on the person you are.

:3

I can't answer the second question.

How long were you two together? 4-5? If so, that's so much time, effort and love invested into a relationship for it to just cease to be.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:57 pm
i lock myself in a room for a couple hours with some sad music and have a damn good cry.
then i nap.
and then i get up, take a nice, hot shower, take a deep breath, and think of where i can go from there.
i don't really have any super great advice, but i do think that maybe you should try and tell her everything you feel. everythingggg.
if you really want to be with her, dnt let her let yu go.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:49 pm
sp i i f
i lock myself in a room for a couple hours with some sad music and have a damn good cry.
then i nap.
and then i get up, take a nice, hot shower, take a deep breath, and think of where i can go from there.
i don't really have any super great advice, but i do think that maybe you should try and tell her everything you feel. everythingggg.

YOU BETTER NOT BRING NO BOYS IN THE ******** HOUSE  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:19 pm
Saverio C.
sp i i f
then i nap.

...aretoo appreciates Sav's filial feelings, but is greatly amused by his turn of phrase... (The "******** house"? Really, Sav?) rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:42 pm
Saverio C.
sp i i f
then i nap.

>__>;
shut up.
it's happening.
it was supposed to happen last weekend.
how bout yu bring some GIRLS home, EH?!  

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

Skrat_teh_Squirrel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:55 pm
All I can say is I really hope you learn from your mistakes, dude.

I've made my share of mistakes as well, and I still suffer from repeating them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:59 pm
Saverio C.

you do realise that by using a double negative, you basically told her she had better bring boys in the ********. right?  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:19 am
Kalstolyn
Saverio C.

you do realise that by using a double negative, you basically told her she had better bring boys in the ********. right?

I offer my candidacy for the Male Brothel!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:16 am
Kusaragi
Kalstolyn
Saverio C.

I offer my candidacy for the Male Brothel!
I am an old ATG member =]

I can only go if liz comes and she'd only let me strip tease scream

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
Captain Shram has answered your thread
now fight his brute
http://shramy.mybrute.com

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:30 pm
I have never been in your situation, Xik, nor will I likely ever be. Not because I'm incredibly together and everything, but most likely due to the absurdly slim chance anyone of the opposite gender will care that much about me. Being an emotional midget doesn't help either.
However, my advice, from a completely uninformed perspective, is to think it over, see where you went wrong, and never do that again. If the chance of being together for the rest of your lives has passed, then sweep up the pieces of your shattered heart, tape them back together, and move on. It may take a while, and you may feel like crap, but once it is over, a weight will be gone from you and you'll be able to start over.
I hope that this is at least a little bit helpful.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:28 pm
Sorry to hear about that break up, Xikrai. Can't say I have much advice. I've yet to have a break up experience like that. From what I've heard, it might be best to move on, as sad as you might feel about not resolving things. If you took her for granted and whatnot, perhaps you weren't the greatest match for each other.

If she allowed herself to be taken for granted without addressing the issue with you, there may have been other issues. Relationships work both ways after all. If there were troubles from you that went unaddressed by her for so long, as seems to be the trend in many break ups, then she too was at fault.

Don't blame yourself for the entire break up. Just try to learn from it and apply what you've learned to your next relationship. I hope you'll find a new and happier relationship very soon.

As for trying to cheer yourself up, cheeseburgers were always a sure fix for me. Comfort food is good for the soul. Or exercise, long walks are good for clearing the mind. If all else fails, I resort to violent video games to take care of my frustrations.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yvaine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:16 pm
The only thing I ever did after a breakup that actually WORKED was to hold true to my determination not to bother dating anyone again unless I was really truly interested. It was hard, and I was worried I'd come off as a total b***h, but surprisingly few of the people I turned down really took it personally. That way, when my now-husband finally discovered the balls to ask me out, I was actually single, and no longer reacting to my last relationship.

My best friend's reaction: "Wow. I've never actually seen you excited about being asked out before."

My personal credo: if you aren't 100% sure after a year of being together that you want to make it permanent, best move on - because it means you DON'T. Saves a lot of wasted time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:12 pm
Well it seems my attempt to hijack the thread for my own personal enjoyment was only a partial success.

Kals; You realise that you can go ******** yourself

aretoo; Yes, that's what it's called, but she can't use it!

Kusaragi; I'm the least physically intimidating of the 4 of us so my role is to anagonize! Just try and fill my shoes!

Shram; I see what he did there too

May; Look you god damn vampire, see what happens next time I see you! You aren't invited into the house!  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items