Reply Community Lounge
Sick in the Summer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When you get sick you...
  Herbal teas and vitamins! Go homeopathic cures! :D
  DRUGS! GIMMIE DRUGS! None-o-that hippie crap!
  *Snicker snort* You said..."homeopathic" Hurhurhurhur
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:57 pm
burning_eyes No ATG, I has not died. For the past week I've been battling a really nasty sinus bug. I've missed 3 days of work (going back tomorrow), and I spent a full week trying to get rid of it with a decongestant before returning to the doctor for antibiotics. xp I love the doctors' office I go to because the whole staff is really nice. My right ear was all blocked up, so the nurse practitioner who saw me took a peek in there with that ear light doohicky and went, "Woah! Yeah...there's a ton of slime in there. Thats...not supposed to happen in the summer!"

But the weather in New England has been very sucktastic and rainy and muggy and gross. So I'm thinking there was a lot of mold in the air and it set me off. I've got a pretty bad alergy to mold. Anywho...have you ever been sick at a somewhat random time? And what method do you prefer to get over your ickyness? Do you take a bunch of vitamins and herbal stuff or do you go right for the heavy duty antibiotics?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:00 pm
Drugs. I get constant headaches and migraines. Aspirin is a huge part of my life. 3nodding
So, yeah if I got anything worse than headaches, I'm going straight for whatever pill I can find in the medicine cabinet.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:04 pm
I got really, really sick last summer. Some kind of flu. x_X It lasted about a week, and I could barely walk for a day or two. Bleh. I was prescribed some kind of antibiotic at the hospital, but I never got it filled. sweatdrop

Like Alarias, I get headaches all the time, so I take a lot of Advil. x_X Probably too much.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:28 pm
Well, personally if I get just a little cold, I try to drink lots of tea and water. There's also a couple of suppliment things: Eccinacia (from cone flowers) (sp?) and Quercetan (Also sp? And it's found in onion skins) that usually help me quite a bit. If it's a really mild thing, that's usually all I need to kick it out. @_@ But this time...*shudder* It was so gross. I can't even really talk about it with anyone because it was just so icky. gonk  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:24 pm
I'm sick now and have been since Friday. I've been getting through on a steady diet of dayquil, nyquil, and Tylenol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:49 pm
I had bronchitis twice now.

The first time I had it was during the summer and the time of my birthday, so I was sick on that day. sad I also had to work on that said day and while I was still sick.
It was horrible. It started on the week of vacation and it lasted for almost a month. Horrifying. Of course, I brought it upon myself because I chained smoked and I was already going through some emotional problems as well. (It's really private for me to explain...)

The second time I got bronchi is last year. It didn't last as long as the one I had in the summer, but it was just has horrible. That time around I could barely walk and I did choke on my vomit several times. I honestly thought I was going to die, so horrible. I didn't chain smoke that time, so it wasn't the cause.

Recently, I had a real bad sinus infection inside my throat where I was swallowing the puss mixed with mucus. Yuck! It was awful, simply awful. I wasn't able to eat anything for awhile even after I was all cured and better. Eeky. Eeky. Eeky! sad

XxDarkMalicexX

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:21 pm
I don't get sick often. When I do, it's usually because I haven't been taking care of myself. Whatever illness I do manage to incubate is a sore throat.

I've had strept throat semi-recently and let me tell you, I was coughing up way too much mucus for it to be normal. I drank so much tea, it was like I had an over-active bladder problem. gonk

I make sure to drink this stuff called Tang. It's a juice. :3 You can find the stuff in the juice section of the grocery stores. It's the space junk NASA invented for the astronauts and it's so chalk full of vitamins~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:03 pm
This topic makes me want to watch some discovery health xd
Anyways, I usually get sick at normal times, in the fall and winter. I get the cold at least once a year. One time I had the flu, that was terrible. I don't really take medicine when I'm sick. I just have cough drops and Tylenol for the headaches and that's about it.

Oh yeah, I used to have Tang when I was little. My grandma made the best Orange Julius out of Tang~ it was delicious!  

Liltweet_gal

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:07 pm
Tang is the juice of win.

Gatorade's good if you're wanting your energy back. When it comes vomiting and stuff, it's that or Sprite I drink. 'course, if I'm THAT sick, I hardly drink or eat anything. whee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:07 pm
Yeah, when my stomach hurts I have sprite and saltine crackers~  

Liltweet_gal

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:20 pm
Crackers are the best. 3nodding Like biscuits are to John Smith in Pocahontas, saltine crackers are to my hunger.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:23 am
When mine hurts, I eat Mexican. biggrin

ANALOGY

Crackers : Hunger : : Women : Hunger

8D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100