Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chapman-07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:51 pm
What are your oppinions on his death  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:18 pm
Honestly, I'm not particularly affected by him dying. I'm not a fan, I never was a fan so...yeah. I'm never happy when a person dies, but I can't say that I really care that much. I was way more upset a few weeks back when David Carradine got strangled by prostitutes in Bangkok...or whatever the hell happened to him. But even then, the only "clebrity" death that ever upset me was the death of Douglas Adams. His writing changed my life forever, and the fact that I'll never meet him in my lifetime makes me sad.

So unless I have some personal connection with the person, I'm just sorta like, "Oh...too bad." *Shruggity*  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:28 pm
Kyla_Ewens
But even then, the only "clebrity" death that ever upset me was the death of Douglas Adams. His writing changed my life forever, and the fact that I'll never meet him in my lifetime makes me sad.

DOUGLAS ADAMS DIED?
WHEN?
gonk
My world is shattered. emo

[/offtopic]

I wasn't really affected by Micheal Jackson's death >> It was kinda like "ok then? *totally unsurprised*"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:53 pm
It is shocking to me...
He really was a legend and it just feels like the end of an era sad

(Of course I still do believe the real Michael was taken by aliens a good 20 or so years ago but, this is still very sad)  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:05 pm
Douglas Adams died AGES ago.

I'm sick of hearing about MJ. Hardly anyone noticed when David Eddings died, and did you know that Dom DeLuise died in May?

Also recently dead: Paul Harvey, John Updike, the guy who played Kahn in Star Trek II, Eartha Kitt, Majel Barrett Roddenberry (who managed to record the computer voice for the new movie before she went), and Michael Chriton, without whom we would have no Jurrasic Park or ER.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 pm
@Yunie: Yeah he died when I was in high school. I carried my complete addition of Hitchhiker's everywhere for a week. sweatdrop It's because of that man that I write.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:56 pm
I was never a fan of his, and for some reason had honestly thought he was already dead because I hadn't heard him mentioned in so long. Whoops. Yeah, my reaction was "Wait, he wasn't dead already? Huh, well he's gone now, so it's OK" and then got a bit pissed because they ran some special on his life instead of airing The Mentalist.

By the way, this may seem odd, but is MC Hammer dead or not (the person, not his career)? My mother and I weren't really sure and it's all because of a really weird discussion from last night.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:26 pm
Kyla_Ewens
the only "clebrity" death that ever upset me was the death of Douglas Adams. His writing changed my life forever, and the fact that I'll never meet him in my lifetime makes me sad.

Right there with ya, buddy... emo

I'm saddened an appropriate amount for Michael.
I think it's kind of ridiculous just HOW MUCH people are reacting. It's like when he was on trial everyone was like "Ew, Jacko the Wacko touches little boys~~~" and now they're suddenly all "Oh, Michael! He was such a wondrous person!"

But anyway...as a lover of 80's music I am saddened by the loss of his unique voice and snazzy dance moves~

Also recently dead is, of course, Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett.
And don't forget Bea Arthur!

Also, MC Hammer is alive... 3nodding

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:17 pm
Douglas Adams died back in 2001, didn't he? Towel Day is supposed to be two weeks after the anniversary of his death, if I recall correctly.

I was over the Michael Jackson talk within an hour of hearing about his deaht, to be perfectly honest. I mean, I have never liked him but it is so incredibly annoying to see all the same tv presenters on their talk shows who covered his trial and called him a ****** now crying crocodile tears and saying how oh so sad it is. So I'm not going to be sad for him or pretend to be sad for him. Sure, he lived a pretty screwed up life and probably didn't get the help he needed which could have helped stop him from doing some pretty screwed up things. People die every day and I can't be sad for all of them. (Am I sounding too much like a cold hearted b***h right now?)

I just hope that his children will now have the opportunity to have a somewhat normal childhood and that they haven't been too traumatised by their upbringing. neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:02 am
[ Terra ]
Douglas Adams died back in 2001, didn't he? Towel Day is supposed to be two weeks after the anniversary of his death, if I recall correctly.

I was over the Michael Jackson talk within an hour of hearing about his deaht, to be perfectly honest. I mean, I have never liked him but it is so incredibly annoying to see all the same tv presenters on their talk shows who covered his trial and called him a ****** now crying crocodile tears and saying how oh so sad it is. So I'm not going to be sad for him or pretend to be sad for him. Sure, he lived a pretty screwed up life and probably didn't get the help he needed which could have helped stop him from doing some pretty screwed up things. People die every day and I can't be sad for all of them. (Am I sounding too much like a cold hearted b***h right now?)

I just hope that his children will now have the opportunity to have a somewhat normal childhood and that they haven't been too traumatised by their upbringing. neutral
I am an old ATG member =]

no offense but
he was never proven to do anything (except hang the kid over the banner).
also people aren't crying because of his personality they are crying because they loved the music he made and wanted more.
People need to stop saying he did ******** up things cus frankly while we all love to bash down on him, nothing has been proven.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
Captain Shram has answered your thread
now fight his brute
http://shramy.mybrute.com

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:06 am
We lost a great musician, crazy or not. He was the father of Pop, which maybe wasn't the best thing looking at all the other pop singers, but he created something in music. He was good at what he did, and I wish he had been able to make more like what he was making in the late 80's and early 90's.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:26 am
Shram
[ Terra ]

no offense but
also people aren't crying because of his personality they are crying because they loved the music he made and wanted more.
People need to stop saying he did ******** up things cus frankly while we all love to bash down on him, nothing has been proven.

It is not my intent to "bash". When I mentioned "screwed up things" I wasn't just referencing to the allegations made against him, I can't say if they are true or not, but to his issues with plastic surgery and tendency to make a spectacle of himself in public such as by dressing as a Muslim woman, dangling his child over a balcony, and I seem to recall him showing up to his court case wearing pyjamas. The man needed help. My apologies for not putting on the rose coloured glasses and pretending that he was a perfect being.

People can cry for the loss of his musical ability if they want. I didn't say that I had an issue with that, only the media being two-faced and milking his death for all it's worth. I never said anything about the general public, just the attitude of the media. I may have come across as harsh but I can completely respect and understand that there are people out there who are going to mourn his death and miss his music. While it wasn't to my taste, I acknowledge that his dancing and music had a significant impact on the industry.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:27 am
Personally, I was shocked and kind of brought down by his death. He's influenced music and dancing pretty heavily, and I've been a fan for who knows how long.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:46 pm
[ Terra ]
Shram
[ Terra ]

no offense but

It is not my intent to "bash". When I mentioned "screwed up things" I wasn't just referencing to the allegations made against him, I can't say if they are true or not, but to his issues with plastic surgery and tendency to make a spectacle of himself in public such as by dressing as a Muslim woman, dangling his child over a balcony, and I seem to recall him showing up to his court case wearing pyjamas. The man needed help. My apologies for not putting on the rose coloured glasses and pretending that he was a perfect being.

People can cry for the loss of his musical ability if they want. I didn't say that I had an issue with that, only the media being two-faced and milking his death for all it's worth. I never said anything about the general public, just the attitude of the media. I may have come across as harsh but I can completely respect and understand that there are people out there who are going to mourn his death and miss his music. While it wasn't to my taste, I acknowledge that his dancing and music had a significant impact on the industry.
I am an old ATG member =]

the media are saying "one of the greatest music spectacles have died", if thats milking then everything is.
I don't want you to say he is perfect and frankly I don't care, I jsut want you to know that nobody gives a s**t about his personalit and just about his music as his music was the only "influencal" thing he has.
as for the surgeries and stuff: so what? he wanted to do it so he did, thats a bad thing? might not be good but that doesn't mean its bad.
and don't assume I am saying "you speak poo and never say anything true" as I am not.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
Captain Shram has answered your thread
now fight his brute
http://shramy.mybrute.com

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:52 pm
Honestly I was mourning the loss of Michael Jackson's music the moment he recorded the theme song for Free Willy in the early 90s. The King of Pop has been dead since then, the man who used to be him died more recently.

It's all very well and good for epople to say "we'll miss his music," but honestly, we've been missing his music for nearly 20 years.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff