Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:21 am
MOSQUITOES!

Mosquitoes in trails, DON'T GO THERE!

Here's the story. The other day I decided, with much help from GTR'S cousin to drive through a trail that is in dense bush. Well I didn't take into account that there would be HUGE mud puddles and my car was actually doing extremely well, until we hit the last one.

SPLUK!

We got suck in the mud. I tried as much as I could to drive the car out, but mud is NOT LIKE SNOW! You can't just wiggle the tires around, shove some branches under the tires and drive your way out. So I got out and I thought I could dig my tires out, you can't do that either. Well as soon as I opened the door I was swarmed by mosquitoes! I s**t you not, there were so many that they looked like clouds. At one point I had like 10 on my legs! Even jumping and running around, I know they're attracted to heat but it was the only way to try and keep them off, they bit me like mad!

This was 2 days ago and I still have massive bites that are itchy as ********! I stopped counting at 30 bites because I really don't want to know how many I have now!

Spoonfeed tiem!
- MOSQUITOES! And how ******** many there seems to be this year.
- Stupid ideas that result in pain of sorts
- Trails and off roading
- Anything else that pops to mind when reading this  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:04 am
You must have some tasty blood.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:11 am
That sounds terrifying...o.o

I used to get bitten all the time by mosquitoes as a kid. Now, not so much.
Then again, I don't go outside and run rampant anymore either.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:37 am
wakusei
That sounds terrifying...o.o

I used to get bitten all the time by mosquitoes as a kid. Now, not so much.
Then again, I don't go outside and run rampant anymore either.

You know...that is true for me as well.
I used to get gazillion bites a day (I can still feel the cooling lotion <.<), now it's gotten really rare.
Maybe I'm just too bitter razz

Plus IT IS THIS HEAT WHICH WILL ROB ME OF MY LIFE FIRST. burning_eyes  

Serious Erius
Crew

pickle relish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:58 am
Oh god I hate mosquitoes. They used to bite me quite a bit when I was a kid, too, but I really don't see them around much anymore.

Although, the first day after I moved here, I got bitten four times. And then I broke out in hives. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:38 am
Those things terrify me. Period.  

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Liltweet_gal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:41 am
That doesn't sound fun. When I was at camp last year we were at a lake and one girl got bit so much. She circled all the bites with a sharpie while she counted. It was like 84 bites....I don't really get a lot of bug bites. Usually I get about 5 at camp sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:43 pm
Oh god. I'm sorry to hear your very unpleasant mishap. I would be freaking out bad if I were in that situation. I simply hate bugs. (Well, not all of them. Just the really annoying ones: ants, bees, mosquitos, wasps, and roaches. Butterflies are the best ones in the bug kingdom. (: )

Have you been keeping itching medicine on the bites to keep them from itching and making you scratching your skin off?

XxDarkMalicexX

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:56 pm
...You guys DO know that honey bees won't go out of their way to attack, right? Only if they think they're being attacked. smile

Wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets need no such provocation, though. wink

I've never had to deal with roaches, mosquitos are just annoying, I loathe flies, and love fireflies. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:34 pm
sweatdrop I think I must have tasty blood in my feet...or mosquitoes with a foot fetish, because I always get more bites on my feet than any place else.

A really good mosquito bite cure is just salt and water. Wet the bite with water, then put a little salt on it (the water makes it stick there). The salt helps the bite go away faster. At least, it's always worked for me. Calamine is good too.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:38 pm
aretoo
...You guys DO know that honey bees won't go out of their way to attack, right? Only if they think they're being attacked. smile

I can vouch for this, having been stung by all but a honey bee... sweatdrop

I keep my distance regardless, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:50 pm
aretoo

I've never had to deal with roaches, mosquitos are just annoying, I loathe flies, and love fireflies. ^_^

I never pointed out that honey bees attack without a reason. I guess I needed to be more specific on which kind of bees I don't like the most... stupid me. sweatdrop
Fireflies are so delightful though, and interesting to watch. xd

XxDarkMalicexX

Senryoske

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:33 pm
Other than the bugs that don't swarm (Butterflies, Moths, Firefiles, Praying Mantis, Stick bug (never seen one)) I hate all bugs and spiders. Once there was this huge (to me) spider in my bathroom and I freaked and put it under a bowl. It was there so long, it started to make a web there!

I can't remember which insect it is... Mosquitoes or flies or something like that... But they are more attracted to people who eat bananas that those who don't.... I'm sure you could find it sometwhere, I just heard that once.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:50 pm
XxDarkMalicexX
aretoo

I never pointed out that honey bees attack without a reason. I guess I needed to be more specific on which kind of bees I don't like the most... stupid me. sweatdrop
Fireflies are so delightful though, and interesting to watch. xd

~jealous~
I have yet to see fireflies. There are none where I live OTL  

Liltweet_gal

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:27 am
I get eatten alive evertime I go outside in the Spring/Summer season. My mum suffered the same thing, she used to tell me it was because we had royal blood (b/c we were english) and that is why we tasted so good to mosquitoes. Also, flees... burning_eyes I have had a bad experience with those. Here is how it happened, when me and my current boyfriend first started dating, I would always go visit him at his house. Now this house was old, and I am not kidding when I say old, made in the 20's, so bugs got in all the time, and the cat he currently had was and outdoor/indoor cat and kept bring flees in the house, so ever time I walked onto the carpet I was attacked by a swarm of these buggers. You could literally see like 30 of these things attack my feet and ankles the second i touched the carpet. And flee bites itch more than any other kind of bug bite, I even have a few scares to prove it!  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff