Reply Community Lounge
Dance Your a** Off Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:20 pm
That is the actual title of a show. It's like Dancing with the Stars meets The Biggest Loser, where 12 contestants battle each other on the dance floor as well as their own weight for a chance at $100,000.

Some people on the forums of this show have expressed that the contestants should be embarrassed because of the dance costumes they are dressed in, among other things. What I would like to know is what does the ATG think of this show?

It airs on the Oxygen network, and clips can be found on hulu.com.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:54 pm
I don't have TV, and I can't access Hulu without bothering with proxies and whatnot, so I don't have an opinion on the show.

Doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in, though.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:38 pm
It sounds interesting and yet not at the same time because I'm not really into those kind of shows. It's just another reality program that seems so fake in the end. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:05 pm
I think that it's good! Dancing is a fun way to lose weight! I wish that i could go dancing more often... I'm in the middle of watching So you think you can dance on FOX.... *sigh* i love ballet and the Viennese waltz... *sigh* 4laugh heart  

Pnytenshi

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:09 pm
1. I don't have American cable. Or Canadian cable for that matter. I refuse to pay for television.

2. Hulu does not allow anyone from outside the United States to view their content, much like Fox.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:40 pm
More embarrassing than dancing topless to ska music?  

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:11 pm
Honestly I think a lot of the costumes people wear for dance-off type shows are embarrassing no matter what size the people wearing them happen to be.

That being said, I took social dance last year at my university as a way to regain some core strength after abdominal surgery, and it worked quite nicely. If I could dance every day, I would be a lot healthier... as long as I got to dance the guy part. It hurts to step back on my right foot, and the chacha just about killed me what with having to keep my heels down all the time, and the tango brought me to tears.

I would totally go on that kind of a show if I were allowed to wear tasteful costumes. I am not a vocal show-offy sort of person, and I am not easily excitable, so I would never make the cuts to get on the show. Sensible and calm does not good entertainment make.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:43 pm
personally, i think its great they have this show. As unique and different the title sounds, its another way to help people become healthier and happier in a fun way, much like the biggest loser. i haven't watched it yet but i have read about it and I hope to tune in soon.[:  

the d0rk knight

Conservative Sex Symbol

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:58 pm
Meh, the only "reality" shows I like are on the Discovery Channel. Shows like: Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, and Man vs. Wild. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:09 pm
The closest I get to reality TV is watching The Soup...which has made fun of Dance Your a** Off....
It looks like it's hosted by Marissa Winokur? She was in Hairspray musical on Broadway.... I enjoy Hairspray~

*looks at Kyla's comment* If Dirty Jobs counts as reality, then I guess I do watch some reality...I could watch Mike Rowe get stuck in bat guano any day~ 8D

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 pm
I've never been very fond of dancing shows... Though I did watch a little America's Best Dance Crew. Those routines were crazy, and so aesthetically pleasing~.

As far as the costumes go, I'd say they're no more embarassing than the costumes of other dance shows. Just as skimpy, just as colorful. And I like costumes like that, for the most part. The human figure is a lovely thing, and if you've got a reasonable occassion to show it off, why not? Plus, I'm simply a sucker for sequins and such.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:30 pm
wakusei
The closest I get to reality TV is watching The Soup...which has made fun of Dance Your a** Off....
It looks like it's hosted by Marissa Winokur? She was in Hairspray musical on Broadway.... I enjoy Hairspray~

*looks at Kyla's comment* If Dirty Jobs counts as reality, then I guess I do watch some reality...I could watch Mike Rowe get stuck in bat guano any day~ 8D

xd That's totally reality tv! Because it's real people doing real jobs that are not at all glamorous, but Dirty Jobs gives them a 20min pat on the back. And I think that's awesome. Seeing Mike Rowe help bring baby cows into the world was just awesome...not to mention all the other weird/crazy things he's had to do...like determining the sex of baby aligators. rofl  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:48 pm
@Kyla: Indeed, Dirty Jobs is good reality TV. I've only seen a few episodes, though. And I don't know how many times I can stomach the stuff that happens on that show.

There are proffessional "chick squeezers"? gonk (and I don't mean "hawt babes", folks. I mean baby chickens) So...nasty...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:17 pm
xd Yeah I couldn't watch the one where he went to a maggot farm. Maggots...make me want to puke.

I'd say the grossest ones I've actually watched were: The place that prepares animal skeletons for museum and scientific display (There were vats of chemicals with animal parts inside, and the chemicals were slowly rotting away everything but the bone), And then the one where he was helping the guy who made custom mixes of cattle feed. They had to take a "stool sample" from a cow...and the sample had to be direct from the cow's bum. gonk Ew ew ew ew ewwwwww! And yet...it's so entertaining I can't look away.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

umi505

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:00 pm
I love reality shows for some reason. especially dance. So You Think You Can Dance is the best show ever created, in my world. ( Mia Michaels is a goddess). But I don't see myself too interested in Dace Your a** Off

Anyway, as for costumes, A dance is a type of art and so I see the costumes as just part of the art, like a painting. part of the chorographers/artist imagination.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff