Reply Community Lounge
Damn lemons!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:52 am
Not the lemons you were probably thinking about, but when things you buy things that are lemons or things that are given to you are lemons!

Like my car! It has more rust on it than my van does, and I didn't know this because jackass who sold it to me painted over the rust! The E-break broke a week after I bought the car and even the guy who was supposed to fix it couldn't. And now my ******** horn is gone! I so desperately need it here because people can't drive worth s**t! I use at least once a day.

So anyways, does anyone by chance know how to fix, and where to locate a horn on a 98 Ford Contour? I've googled it and nothing. It's fixed, I had a "stroke of genius" and I honked what was left of my horn to find it. It was right in front of my front left tire. So we put the new one on and it's all better!

Talk about your lemons!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:08 am
Use Vehix. D8

At least that's what their commercials tell me to do, although you -are- Canadian.... Hmm.

Good ruck.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:57 pm
biggrin
I have a 96 ford contour! x3
moving on....
My car likes to stall out when it idles.
like at a stoplight.
in the middle of traffic.
quite annoying.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:06 pm
Heh. The speedometer on my car likes to not work when I start it up.
Sometimes banging on it a few times will work, but usually I end up driving down the road guessing what speed I'm going, until it decides to start working again. biggrin  

pickle relish

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:28 am
Arg. I just spent all day car hunting. Right now I'm too exhausted to think about the fact that when I do finally find a car it will probably have some sort of hidden fault that won't rear it's ugly head until after I've bought it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:54 am
Spiff, that needs to be fixed asap! That could be so dangerous for you!

Pickle, after a while you can know about how fast you drive, but having that reassurance from your dash is always nice.

Terra, I hope you don't get a lemon! You have to be VERY thorough. If you want any advice for what to look for feel free to ask!  

God-Raped-Me

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:00 am
No lemons here, we usually buy new and the sentra and the xterra have been running strong for 10 years under our watch. My dad though, he's a retard he bought a '99 bmw like 4 years ago used from one of those smaller dealerships, total lemon of a BMW. Battery dies after a day of sitting and had stalling out problems which actually got fixed and the battery dying is apparently just a problem wit bmw...

I just got a new car a couple months ago, well it's used but from 2007 and from a reputable dealership so I actually have a warranty and stuff. The one thing that isn't covered is the clutch because it's a wear item so if that goes, I'm sorta SOL. It's all good though.

Sorry you got yourself a lemon. And this is just to poke fun, but how are you supposed to give pointers if your a lemon picker outter yourself GRM? wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:10 am
Hehe, I knew someone would ask. My father in law picked it up for me.

For now on, I buy my cars!  

God-Raped-Me

DaisukeOrDark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:50 pm
My parents and I bought a jeep Cherokee and the insides partially moldy[Its is the northwest], the fans dead so no ac or heat, my dad had to remodel the engine so it would work. And I still dont have the money for insurance so I cant drive. :]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:30 pm
I got a used car, but really not that old...though I don't remember the year..or the type...it has a couple small lemon properties. one, there's a huge hole the size of two human heads in the trunk that we didn't find for a while, it was covered with a mat.and it had a bad clutch when we bought it. It finally died on me while I was on the highway 3 weeks ago . My car suddenly went from 65mph to 25mph in like 10sec, kinda was a freaky moment. We got it fixed, but they charged us extra because there's so much rust.

Another lemon would be my camera, it eats up batteries like a…like a…pig?…Anyway, seriously though I once only took like 7 pictures and a 30sec. Video and it died on me. And that’s when we first bought the it.  

umi505

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:26 pm
sp i i f

quite annoying.

Kinda like you!

E-bay might have a horn, and you could ask a mechanic about just replacin it with a horn from a different car.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:57 pm
Thanks for the suggestion Sav, however I've fixed it already. My next issue is my oil leak. I'm going to give it an oil change, and replace the filter and hopefully that works.

Umi needs a new camera! My old one was like that only when you used the LCD screen, if you used the eye hole it was fine.  

God-Raped-Me

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:43 pm
No car expert, but I doubt it's the filter for an oil like. Probly and oil pan gasket. But hey, maybe the filter is loose or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:57 am
I don't want it to be a gasket! That one is an expensive and hard fix on my car. The engine will have to be dropped and basically ripped apart if that's the case. crying  

God-Raped-Me

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff