Reply Community Lounge
New layout.... again. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:45 am
So I come back from mommy's to find that Gaia, once again, has been changed. The only thing I don't like is the shortcuts. I liked that my guilds had a shortcut. Now I have to go the long way around to get to my guilds. The colouring is nice, however the white on light blue is kinda hard to see.

What do you Think of it? Do you miss being able to be one click away from your guilds?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:48 am
I wouldn't call it a whole new layout...it's just the navigation.

But I still can't stand when Gaia INSISTS on fixing what isn't broken.

I would like "My Guilds" back, but I've gotten pretty used to browsing guilds in the little "My Guilds" section of the main guilds panel for a while now.

It's mostly just annoying that now I go to shortcuts to get to my recent posts instead of under community where it used to be.
That and the largeness of the expanding panels to make room for the pointless use of those icons....

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:34 am
The Site Feedback forum exploded as soon as they changed it. lol It was pretty epic.

I bookmarked the expanded "My Guilds" page, because they removed it from the shortcuts. I hate that other page they have, where the actual list of guilds is squished up into a corner. Used to be able to just click shortcuts then guilds, and voila.

Now you click on guilds under community (which has expanded in size with waste-of-space descriptions for the newbies), go to that My Guilds page, click through the squashed up tiny list in the corner to find the guild you want to visit, and click on it, and click on it AGAIN. gonk

They also got rid of the sub-menus, so journal is hidden.

Just a bunch of minor changes that didn't need to be made, but aren't horrible. I'll get used to it, the same way I've gotten used to everything else.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:33 am
I just wish they would stop trying to "enhance the Gaia experience". Gaia was most kick a** way back when.

I haven't even told GTR that they're releasing the halos and what not again. He would probably cry. Well no, but he would be angry!  

God-Raped-Me

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:53 am
Which halos? They gave away one halo to one person, and they've been doing that for years at conventions.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:02 am
There was an announcment about a cash shop item where you get random stuff out of it, but you can get a halo. GTR likes the fact that Gaia said they won't ever re-release items again. And making it winable online again is basically releasing it again.

To me anyways.  

God-Raped-Me

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:09 am
God-Raped-Me
There was an announcment about a cash shop item where you get random stuff out of it, but you can get a halo. GTR likes the fact that Gaia said they won't ever re-release items again. And making it winable online again is basically releasing it again.

To me anyways.

The announcement you're thinking of was that if you purchased Gaia cash, you would be entered in a raffle for a chance to win a halo. One single person got the halo, and it was soulbound to her account (at her request).

They've said they will never re-release an item en masse, and they haven't.

Like I said, on their prize wheel at conventions, there's been a chance to win a halo for years. It's nothing new.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:33 pm
New navigation doesn't bother me a bit. I expect that over the years, Gaia will continue to try new things and experiment with the site's layout. It's an adjustment, but when you take a look back at how far Gaia has come, it's pretty impressive. There used to be no shortcuts whatsoever.

The one and only thing I miss is the little " eek " bubble that would appear next to your avi when an announcement went up. Announcements used to be soooo rare, and not a daily thing. Usually it was the "Donation Item" of the month, and people would go berserk when a new announcement appeared. xd Of course, we still have that a bit on Fridays when everybody waits for the new EI poses.

Ahh Gaia, you may go through many changes, but there's so much about this site that I love heart  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:40 pm
Really Tae? Hmm I thought it was an item you could buy. Well that makes me feel better about it. Maybe I had a dream about the item then.

Kyla, I have to say I preferred the site way back when. I liked that there only donation items, and how basic everything was. I feel like an uneducated old person with the "What's this new hubbub they're talking about?" "I don't understand how to get to my _____."

On a side note I think there is something very wrong with my brain. I'll be thinking one word and type in another... gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:26 pm
They do a layout change every year. It's nothing spectacular and it hasn't been any easier or harder in the past. All the time they spend with this, they could have spent fixing some other things.  

Phaeton

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:58 am
This update has made it nearly impossible for me to get on here. It lags like crazy...often taking between 5 and 10 minutes (or even more) to load a page. Refreshing doesn't help. So, until they make some adjustments, you guys will be seeing a lot less of me. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:44 pm
I don't really like the new navigation system but, like all of Gaia's previous updates, I'll get used to it. The drop downs seem too big to me, take up too much of the screen. Kind of annoying. Also, the My Guilds shortcut was the only shortcut that I used. I have the ATG bookmarked though for easy access already.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:01 pm
See now poor Al can't come as often!

I agree with the drop downs taking up FAR too much room. I am really NOT fond us this layout.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:23 pm
God-Raped-Me
See now poor Al can't come as often!

@Grim - That could be taken the wrong way very easily >.>

But, in other news - I can now browse Gaia again! ^_^  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wakusei