Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:11 pm
xd So ATG, do you tend to dress your avi seasonally? Or are there certain seasonal trends you follow? For me, I really love the "Fai's Coat" item from the Tsubasa quests, but I can't stand equipping it to poor Kyla in the summertime. It's a huge, fluffy, comfy coat, and Kyla's already covered in her kitty fur. @_@ Just looking at her in that coat makes me want to turn my AC up. Though in the winter, I'll put her in short sleeves and not think twice about it. xp

So that got me thinking, who else does something like that? Or are there any particular avi habits that you have?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:30 pm
My avi habits generally follow my mind's current focus. My current avi, for instance, spawned from a notion that I wasn't being fishy enough for my name. I hadn't made very many nautical avatars previously, so I settled on this.

Specifically, I always change my eyes. I don't like the normal eyes I settled on when I made the account, so they're always changing. 3nodding Other than that, I don't really follow what the weather does. Not reeeeally...  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:34 pm
Normally it doesn't matter for me, but if it gets really hot outside then no, no I can NOT put something warm on my avi.

I'm quite happy with the way I look right now. Maybe if they make something more sinister looking (Thinking about Mr. Sinister now) I'll add it as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:36 pm
I put on... whatever I feel at the moment. Usually it doesn't affect me to see whatever my avi is wearing. Like if its hot, I'm okay with seeing my avi all covered up and warm  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

umi505

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:10 pm
I never really think of those things. I only change my avi when I'm bored of looking at it. But, when there’s a holiday I tend to change it to a more holiday theme.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:23 pm
My avi only follows the weather if the weather is extreme. Super hot or super cold (or unseasonally so, in either direction) earns a scantily-clad or bundled up avi from me. The outfit my avi currently sports is still my Canada Day outfit -- red, white, and suited to hot weather.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:31 pm
I make a seasonal avi every so often (usually only for Christmas and Springtime) so every other part if the year it doesn't really matter. And sometimes I won't put something warm on my avi if it's hot out, but sometimes it doesn't matter if that particular item is needed for a certain theme I'm using.

It all depends on current state of mind~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:51 pm
invisible-weirdo
I make a seasonal avi every so often (usually only for Christmas and Springtime) so every other part if the year it doesn't really matter. And sometimes I won't put something warm on my avi if it's hot out, but sometimes it doesn't matter if that particular item is needed for a certain theme I'm using.

It all depends on current state of mind~

This is pretty much what it's like with me, too.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:09 pm
Suits are perfect for any weather. I am always dressed correctly  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:21 pm
I used to. Now it's just up in the air. Where I live, seasonal would pretty much have me never put long skirts or pants on my Avatar again. And If I were to roll with local style, it'd be flip-flops and strappy heels as the only shoe choices. So I never followed local trends.  

Phaeton

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:10 pm
Sometimes. Usually it's just that I don't have anything that would make any one particular item work in the grand picture. For example, I won't throw a crown-like object on the avatar if I don't have the rest of the outfit to back it. Why do you think I kept it mostly the same (I'm counting that props count towards changes) for most of my first year on here?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Saverio C.
Suits are perfect for any weather. I am always dressed correctly

There are many different kinds of suits, Sav. A heavy, wool suit in black is hardly appropriate for a summer wedding. Likewise, a white, cotton suit definitely isn't what you want to wear in a Minnesota winter.  

124-C

Milk and Holy Water

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:07 am
I usually pay little attention to my avatar. There are a few things that i change occasionally, but by and large, I don't tend to change it more than once in any two to three year time span.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:25 am
xd Back in my early days on Gaia, I got the Lunar Cloak and the Solar Cloak (Still have them), and in the morning I'd equip the Solar, and at night I'd change to the Lunar. I'd even shift the cloak poses for early, mid, late morning/evening. rofl That didn't last long.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Odd Boy Out

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:48 am
I'm in the bad habit of not changing my avatar for long periods of time.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff