Reply Community Lounge
Jumping to conclusions.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:51 am
We all do it from time to time, whether the conclusion is a good one or a bad one. Tell me about yours.

Right now, it's been 3 days since I've had a call from GTR and of course my mind is racing. I keep thinking that the worse possible thing has happened to him; he's been killed! I really doubt that's the case but you never know. I also think perhaps he's hospitalized, again probably not but god damn, I haven't heard anything from him! It's more likely, that they're all on lock down for whatever reason, but still I have troublesome thoughts and a lump in my chest! If I don't hear from him tonight I'm calling up the jail and hopefully they'll be nice enough to tell me if something is wrong!

So ATG, have you ever had really stupid thoughts like mine? Have your thoughts been right? Each and every time I get this bad feeling that I have right now, I'm right in thinking/knowing something is going to go wrong or is going wrong. Do you tend to be right when you think something bad is/will happen/ing. What about good things? I know people can get a feeling of something good about to happen, or have you ever jumped to a good conclusion just to find out you were wrong? Tell me all ATG!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:56 pm
First of all, Germy, I haven't seen you post in ages so I just noticed... YOU CHANGED YOUR AVATAR! DDDDD:

More on topic, however: I have no way of knowing whether your gut instincts are telling you the truth. I think a select few people have a talent for reading the natural subconscious logic their brains work through while they aren't paying attention, and you might be one of those people. Of course I'd like to say you're wrong and that he's perfectly fine, etc., etc. The fact is, though, I don't really know. GTR has always been a fickle sort when it comes to outward displays of his thoughts and feelings. I'm usually pretty empathetic and can sense these things when I'm speaking to people, but... I just can't do that with him. Sorry I can't give you the answer you undoubtedly -want- to hear. sad  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:24 pm
I actually changed it today, thanks for noticing, however I take it you don't approve much.

GTR actually called and said he was fine. Thank god because I was starting to get crazy in my head. Whether he was telling the truth or not I don't know.

I still hate how I jump to the worse possible thought. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:53 pm
I always used to stew in the worst conclusions. The rational part of me would say, "You know, Erica, it's probably just this or this... You're being silly, letting it get to you so much. Relax." But as soon as I was done saying that, the irrational bit would kick in and I'd start thinking, "But the possibility still remains that it's THIS AND THIS! AND OH MY GOD NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE PROBABILITY, IT'S STILL A POSSIBILITY!"

But... Such reactions get me nowhere. Generally try to ignore them.  

Slim95
Crew

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:55 pm
That's how I am with things. If there's even a small possibility it's enough of a possibility for me! It's just one of those things that scratches at the back of your brain where no matter how hard you try to ignore it, it's still there and gets worse over time.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:13 pm
For me, no news is generally bad news.
What about you guys ?

Yeonie

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:15 pm
I'm glad you heard from him, Grim. I can't imagine how bad it must be to be kept out of the loop for even a little while in that situation. sad *hugs*

As for this topic, I tend to always assume the worst. Or at least, dwell on the worst case scenario. I haven't found a way around it though, except to remind myself that worrying does no good and stress will only make me feel worse.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:32 am
I always prepare for the worst possible case scenario. That's just me though. Like Yeo, I also assume that no news on a subject is a sign of bad things to come.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:04 pm
I have to say, I really didn't think that GTR was going to jail especially after he tells me there was no way he was going to. But low and behold... I wish I had prepared myself for it because getting a smack in the face that big hurt, a LOT. If there is anything I have learned from this it's lie your a** off to keep your loved ones around! Even if it didn't happen, if it helps it's worth it!  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games