Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Nyuu Yolk Seety Twice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NYC or LA?
  NYC
  LA
  Screw the US
View Results

Artanus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am
Hokay, so. My friend Maria and I planned a trip to NYC about four weeks ago. My mom okays it, her mom okays it, it's all good. Then, two weeks after that, the family says. Hey! Let's go to NYC, the day after Lewis goes to NYC! It takes my mom a week to recognize her folly. So now, because it's her fault, she has to drive us down to NYC, bring us back, (I plan to be NOWHERE near her the entire time in between car rides) and then drive BACK down the next day.

So we're going to see a free concert of the Yeasayers. But we have six hours in NYC before that. And I'm just starting to plan NOW, a day before the trip. Cause I suck.

I hope I'll be able to get in here after I come back the first time. I think I'll be back on Monday or Tuesday. Please keep this thread alive until then.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should go?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:53 pm
Never been to NY but I've heard that just about every restaurant is frikkin delicious.  

angel_half82
Crew

Artanus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:40 pm
angel_half82
Never been to NY but I've heard that just about every restaurant is frikkin delicious.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to miss. There's also Laundromat's every five feet.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:26 pm
So you can clean your clothes on every block. It's a OCD person's dream come true!  

angel_half82
Crew

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:56 pm
hello! central park! or any of the bajillion wonderful art museums! 3nodding

mmm, what else...the statue of liberty is fun, but really NOT worth the hassle.

uuuuuum, you could always do some shopping! nyc is a great place to shop! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:40 am
I think Dana is from NY so she should have some good ideas!  

RaidenKazama

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:10 am
Dana is from Idaho?
I think xD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:32 am
Zaoth Kun
Dana is from Idaho?
I think xD

Hey congratz. wink  

angel_half82
Crew

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:18 pm
I only went to NYC for Union Square's pillow fight.

Subway's mad fun, though.

The Met is a good museum to go to for killing time, though I went on a field trip. (Origin of instruments = heart )

If you get lost and end up at the UN building, well... it's a fluke.

I need to go back down there sometime. D:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:12 am
I wouldn't waste your time with the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building unless someone else is paying for you. I know the State Building was hella expensive on my school field trip.

I personally like going to China Town and Little Italy. Little Italy has delicious food and really fab coffee shops. China Town is super cheap and if you're into anime or video games, you can find a lot of merchandise for a good price. Just beware of the crazy bag ladies or the bootleggers - ignore them and you'll be good.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:19 am
YOU'RE ALL WRONG D:< Dana is from Iowa D:< *slaps j00* Also, I like Boston better xD Have fun on the trip!!! ^^  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games