Time for some morbid thoughts... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:51 am
All right maybe not so morbid but some time ago I had this convo with someone about what we would want to happen to our bodies after we died. They stated that they wanted to be buried after donating all usable organs to those who needed it. I stated that I would also want all my usable organs taken out. In other words, hollow me out and use whatever you want and then to be cremated and have my ashes spread in my hometown in Mexico. My reasoning was, I don't want my body to take up space where homes could be made or whatever. So ATG, what would you like to do with your body when you die? And am I being creepily morbid here?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:04 am
I agree with you i dont think my body should take up space where people could be living. there is a website i belong to called recycleme.org you should check it out it tells you how many lives your body can save and improve.  

Andrad

6,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:12 am
Hmm I'll have to check it out then, might be interesting  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:13 am
I want to be given a viking's burial. Basically, they light my body on fire. Hell, As long as my burial involved fire, and hopefully a few explosions, I think it'll all be good.

Hell, put my body in a casket, but that casket in a small canoe, and push it out to sea. Then when it's far enough away from land, press the detonator and have it burst into flames and explosions. That way everyone wins.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:14 am
xd you just want to make sure your death is entertaining don't you Pancake?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:24 am
I don't trust doctors. I will not be making myself an organ donor...body parts are too valuable. Go in with a cold...leave on a slab x_x
And as for what to do with my body, whatever is cheapest. I believe that would be cremation. 3nodding  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:26 am
Sanzoskitsune
xd you just want to make sure your death is entertaining don't you Pancake?

What can I say, I'd like to know that at least my funeral will be remembered by everyone who visited.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:45 am
lol Re: Panny's funeral: "Hey do you remember that one guy?"
"Hm...Oh! You mean the dude that got like an epic viking funeral! Yeah, he was awesome!"

I'm looking around that RecycleMe site, and it's first and foremost a pro-organ donor donor thing. When it's first loading though, it cycles through little random facts and there's one that was like 'a shark's eye is close enough to a human's that it can be used in transplants' or something. And I sat there, and went 'Holy crap that's awesome! =D' and started thinking of super shark eyes...and inadvertent superheroes...>.>

Before, I always thought cremation would be cool. But now that I think about it, I think the subject of what to do with my body would be something that my family would have a lot of weight in. While the idea of being cremated and having your ashes spread across the ocean or whatever sounds incredibly romantic, it sorta means that after that you're gone. Period. I know it sounds weird the way I'm explaining it, but from what I've seen of my family, it makes sense. Because every couple weeks, relatives on my mom's side swing by my great-grandmother's grave to switch out the flowers and sit there for a while just to say hi to her. And it's been a year since she passed away. It's an emotional thing. I mean, after you're dead, obviously you don't care what happens. You're dead. So really it's more for your family than anything else...

And I just babbled for a long while...

invisible-weirdo

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:50 am
@Ala my thinking isn't based off the doctors, its based more off the people that need it.

@Pancake I assure you that it will be

@Invis, hmm... I dunno what my family would think or what they would want me to do... I'd hope they'd understand my line of thinking.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 am
i honestly dont care what happens to my body my energy willhave moved on and my body will be an empty shell so it doesnt matter just dont make me take up space somewhere.  

Andrad

6,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:03 am
I'm looking at cremation stuffs now (lawl wikipedia), and I realize that a big portion of burial preference is religion too. I'm looking at this and it says that a lot of religions (primarily non-Asian ones it seems) discourage cremation, though very few forbid it outright...

Also, Ala: I'm not going to argue with your distrust of doctors, but I think most of them, if not all of them, became doctors in order to help people (Hippocratic Oath and all that). We've come a long way from doctors 'harvesting' people...But that's just what I think.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:06 am
Sanzoskitsune
@Ala my thinking isn't based off the doctors, its based more off the people that need it.

I understand that and that is very noble of you. However, I suspect doctors may be quicker to give up on patients who are organ donors for the fact that organs are always in demand >.>

Edit:
@Invis - Maybe they start out with good intentions but, I'm sure being around death and illness all the time can change a person...and not necessarily for the better >.>  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:12 am
I'd rather think the best of the doctors instead of automatically thinking the worst, but that's just me.

As for religion playing a part... I've never been very religious so thankfully that won't play a part in my decision making process  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:17 am
lol Assuming the worst is the key to self preservation.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:23 am
xd I guess I'm just too positive for my own damn good  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]