I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Phones, and texting ? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Addicted to using your cellphone ? (Texting, calling, etc)
  HELL YES.
  Yeah, quite a bit.
  Not really. I can live without my cellphone.
  No, I don't even NEED one.
View Results

Yeonie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:26 am
So I'm just curious about what kind of phones everyone has,
and what their provider/plan is.

No need to be all detailed, but in the general sense. (:

Just a few questions to ask...

1) What phone do you have ?
2) Who is your provider ? (Eg; Rogers, AT&T, Verizon, etc...)
3) What's your plan ?
4) Do you use SMS/MMS ? If so, how often ?

biggrin

Me,
I have the new iPhone 3GS from Rogers...
I have unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS/VMS), free email and internet browsing, 250 minutes + call forwarding, and 6GB worth of data & internet tethering. biggrin

I use SMS and MMS like crazy, I send aboutr 40 to 50 picture messages a day, and around 100~400 texts a day...
I'm crazy addicted. :<

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:30 am
Meh I'm not like permanently attached to my phone or anything, I know I have unlimited text and data on the phone. We have Sprint and I have a Samsung Rant, which is a pretty cool phone. But... I don't use it that much, I just don't like being on the phone much.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am
Sanzo has Sprint? You could call me and it would be completely free! biggrin

I have an LG Rumor with a SprintNextel provider. The only unlimited nonsense I have is texting. I went over once and mom had to pay a good chunk of money. xd She was all, "No more of that. *Gives her unlimited.*"

I have free weekends and free nights after 7-6am PST. I also have that network-network free-ness as well. Y'know, Sprint-to-Sprint.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:46 am
I don't care for texting. To be honest, I hate phones as it is. Everyone I know gets a hold of me with MSN, MSN, or Skype. Hell, if I ever NEED to call someone, I just use Skype for the call. Saves me money, and it's convenient for me since I never really leave my house anyway.

With this current setup, it allows free internet browsing and e-mail ( my parents pay the internet bill >_> ). Free calls to other Skype members, and I don't really call people UNLESS they have Skype anyway, even though the calls are dirt cheap to people on normal phones too. Oh yeah, and currently I have about 3 TB worth of data storage sitting around my room for me to save information too. Normally I only have 640 GB of space though.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Odd Boy Out

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:55 am
I have unlimited texting. smile It's really useful.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:25 am
I have a Tracfone. It's pay as you go. The phone can text, take and send little pics, but that's it.

I hate phones. If I have to use one, I prefer texting. But even that I hardly do.
I've cursed against Alexander Graham Bell ever since I was a small child.

If I could choose a superpower, it would be to be able to control electronics with my mind so I could temporarily kill peoples' cellphones when they pull them out in movie theaters, etc. Phone people need to be smacked.

Sorry, went on a tangent there. Too many of my friends live by their phone....

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Yeonie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:28 am
Quote:
I don't care for texting. To be honest, I hate phones as it is. Everyone I know gets a hold of me with MSN, MSN, or Skype. Hell, if I ever NEED to call someone, I just use Skype for the call. Saves me money, and it's convenient for me since I never really leave my house anyway.

With this current setup, it allows free internet browsing and e-mail ( my parents pay the internet bill >_> ). Free calls to other Skype members, and I don't really call people UNLESS they have Skype anyway, even though the calls are dirt cheap to people on normal phones too. Oh yeah, and currently I have about 3 TB worth of data storage sitting around my room for me to save information too. Normally I only have 640 GB of space though.

Wow. See, I'm not much of an MSN-person, because I feel it's impersonal. So are texts, I realize, but it's the idea of calling; hearing another's voice. Skype's nice, but you can only do that on the computer, or if you have Skype-capabilities on your phone (say, the Sony Ericsson Xperia)... But not everyone USES Skype; so that's a problem (unless you pay extra for calling landlines or mobiles... In which case, you might as well get a CELLPHONE.)

Quote:

AGREED !

- -

Any of you Canadians ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:36 am
Yeonie
Quote:

Wow. See, I'm not much of an MSN-person, because I feel it's impersonal. So are texts, I realize, but it's the idea of calling; hearing another's voice. Skype's nice, but you can only do that on the computer, or if you have Skype-capabilities on your phone (say, the Sony Ericsson Xperia)... But not everyone USES Skype; so that's a problem (unless you pay extra for calling landlines or mobiles... In which case, you might as well get a CELLPHONE.)

Quote:

AGREED !

- -

Any of you Canadians ?

Ehhh, I prefer MSN FOR that reason though. I'm more against contact than with people, but when I do fancy having a chat with a friend, I prefer to do it over a messenger over actually calling. I dunno, maybe I'm just dumb or something like that, but I feel it's easier. As for Skype, I find it's more useful for me, but that's based on the reasoning that I never really leave my house if I can help it, and I'm almost ALWAYS at my computer anyway. ( yet somehow it's still difficult to get a hold of me from what I hear from my friends >_> )

Also, yes. We have quite a few delightful members of the guild that are from Canada.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:18 pm
It IS hard to get a hold of you, 'ckae. I'll try talking to you on MSN and it takes you ages to reply back. xd

I used to do the whole Skype thing, but because it took up a fair amount of room, I couldn't do anything else in the background or I would risk my audio conversations skipping out.

People don't bother talking to me in general, so my phone remains quiet the majority of the time. The only person I really ever talk to is Dean.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:21 pm
I have a Samsung D-807 with service provided through my parent's at&t account. If it weren't for them paying for it, I'm not sure that I would bother. I mean, I like the idea of being accessible, but I rarely use my phone...

I email a lot, but if I really have to get in contact with someone, I generally go to them, not their phone.

@Waku — I would curse Bell too, but I'm not convinced that this how he would have wanted phones to end up... Kind of like the guys that invented the cubicle...  

124-C

Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:58 pm
i have a Rumor2 it's the blue one. =^-^=

i have ******** Sprint... they suck so bad. i didn't even get signal at my old house.

1400 anytime minutes, free nights after 5, free weekends, unlimited text.

... SMS? MMS?? i text. that's about it. i refuse to actually talk to people. it get's too awekward in calls. &&, if i want them to shut up, i can just not answer their text.

i'm so addicted. i text all night, durring school, while texting other people. i send out mass texts to people. like, at least 8 people at once. it's actually kind of sad...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:26 pm
Chexley
It IS hard to get a hold of you, 'ckae. I'll try talking to you on MSN and it takes you ages to reply back. xd

I used to do the whole Skype thing, but because it took up a fair amount of room, I couldn't do anything else in the background or I would risk my audio conversations skipping out.

Sorry... <3.

Skype only takes up 31.08MB of space, so it's not really a lot of space on the hard drive. I can understand on the resource part of it though, as when you have a call going it can really eat the resources up like a pothead who just bought 20 dollars worth of little debbie snacks.

Also, Haha, I have installs on my computer that take up between 10 - 13 gigs of space >_> So Skype is a TINY program.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:36 pm
I have the sony ericsson w600i. It's a pretty cool little phone. I'm on Rogers pay as you go. I hardly ever use my phone so a plan is useless, I use like $10 a month if that, mostly because I don't have any friends with phones.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:37 pm
My computer is extremely old. I've had it for oh... 5-7 years and my aunt it before me for several months before she bought another computer. So, to instal Skype would make it foam at the mouth a little bit. I mean, it can hardly handle MSN Messenger now.

I like letter writing! 8D Overall, I'm quite easy to get a hold of.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:11 pm
Chexley
My computer is extremely old. I've had it for oh... 5-7 years and my aunt it before me for several months before she bought another computer. So, to instal Skype would make it foam at the mouth a little bit. I mean, it can hardly handle MSN Messenger now.

I like letter writing! 8D Overall, I'm quite easy to get a hold of.
User Image

And yet you've not replied to the letter I sent to you. emo No one that I wrote to has replied to me. emo

I've got a Sony Ericsson W810i on T-Mobile. I prefer to text than to call people, I'm terrible on the phone.

User Image

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces