Reply Arena Threads and Gaia Items
Are Tampax ads really Gaia-approporate? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Former Showa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm
I saw an ad for Tampax Pearl on the main page... what's next, a tampon for your avatar to wear? gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:38 pm
The are not Gaia's fault, it's the service Gaia has for ad's. It's best to report it here so they can be removed.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/bug-reports-technical-support/report-inappropriate-ads-on-gaia/t.41805411/  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:07 pm
Are they grossing out teenage boys?
Then they're worth it. lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:02 pm
I say they should also have ads for jock itch creams.  

Boudica Celtic Queen

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:39 pm
They're all over the TV so I doubt we can whine too much about them being on a PG13 site... though I get irritated with them being on TV.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:48 am
Lil Brat
They're all over the TV so I doubt we can whine too much about them being on a PG13 site... though I get irritated with them being on TV.

I concur.  

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:08 pm
Maybe I'm desensitized but better a tampax ad then a condom ad. Besides, how many teens are there on Gaia? granted there are 13 yr olds here but if there are any children on the site who are younger than 13, that's on the parents to check what their children are viewing.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:21 pm
As Brat said, since they're all over TV, I don't really see the problem. At around 13 is when a lot of girls are going to start menstruating anyway, so it's a good move for tampax to try to convince them to buy their product while they're just starting to figure out what they're going to use.

Would you be of a different opinion if it was pads instead?

If they were advertising condoms or dildos, then I would see a need for concern.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 pm
ThisEmptySoul
As Brat said, since they're all over TV, I don't really see the problem. At around 13 is when a lot of girls are going to start menstruating anyway, so it's a good move for tampax to try to convince them to buy their product while they're just starting to figure out what they're going to use.

Would you be of a different opinion if it was pads instead?

If they were advertising condoms or dildos, then I would see a need for concern.

I'd personally feel a little better if pads were also advertised if tampons are here. They go hand in hand.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:29 pm
Girls 13 years and older have their periods. Periods are not sexually explicit, they aren't violent, and they don't spam. Shows directed at teens mention periods. Periods are PG-13 material, folks. Then, logically, tampons are too. There are commercials for them during children programming, too.

The ad is also not something that Gaia can't control though.  

Vivid Fizz

Distinct Elder

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:50 pm
Considering most Gaians are in the middle of puberty, we should be glad anyone's thinking about personal hygene.

As to the advertising of tampons instead of pads, pads have always felt and looked a bit like diapers to me, so maybe they're trying to make users feel a bit more grown up.

Who knows.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:15 am
i dont see nothing wrong with tampon ads. Teenage girls wear tampons too. Especially teenage girls. They do so much at that young age. Lots of different sports and crap I'd need to wear one at that age. I dont see how a tampon ad isn't suitable.  

Siumbering Princess22

Happy Hentai Beastie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:34 am
No tampon ads. Period. mrgreen *roll on snare*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:18 pm
Eirwyn
Are they grossing out teenage boys?
Then they're worth it. lol

This.

mega_melfina

Anxious Werewolf

10,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hunter 50

BuNnyHat3R

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:36 pm
xp lol..well, there are teenage girls on here, but instead of tampons, maybe they should advertise pads instead...it's a bit less personal...in my opinion...maybe it's just me. They might as well start advertising condoms while they're at it!...promote safe sex or better yet, abstinence, since these little kids now a days are already cybering...ugh... stressed  
Arena Threads and Gaia Items

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff