Reply Community Lounge
The annoyance of applying to school

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:31 pm
I'm currently trying to apply to college. I had to wait until today to get money on my credit card so I could afford to apply, then I found out that I needed my OEN, Ontario education number, which is on my transcripts. I got that, found out later today that I need to mail it to them, and when I went to put it into the form, I couldn't because the system is currently down. I have no clue how long it will be down for, and I will be FAR more then pissed if I miss my chance to apply.

Anyone else have or are going through s**t like this just to get education? Have any tips for me?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:22 pm
The only tips I have are redundant, at this point: Know which documents are required before you start the application process, and be sure to apply early.

I cut things pretty close last year applying to MacEwan, but I knew how to get my high school and university transcript to them in a timely manner, so it was not a big deal, I got late admission because my program almost never fills up.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:54 pm
Why dont you call them, that way you wont miss the chance to apply...I never had that trouble thank God...I remember I once was going to apply to a collegue in the USA but I was very lazy to and when I wanted and had just like you everything in orer it was to late the deathline was pass and my parenths because they are very conservative wouldnt like a lazy kid for a year or 6 months in the house so I apply to mexico and woala a Happy kid that didnth had to do collegue and is in uni biggrin
Relax...give them a call and biggrin remember to smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 pm
I did call them because I wanted to go in and sit down and talk about all my options, however all I got was "you have to apply online" over and over and over.

Just now I go to pay for the application fees, and low and behold I can't because I have to wait 3 business days before the money I gave them TODAY actually goes on my card. I'm livid!  

God-Raped-Me

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:21 pm
Your "you have to apply online" sounds like the typical " I don't know what I'm doing why are you bothering me go online and solve your problem" attitude. confused

Those things can be a pain. I had such a hard time just getting my grades for the class I took at the start of the summer.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:33 pm
That's what I thought too. Both my sister-in-law and I are confused and having loads of troubles with applying for OSAP. I'm going to have to call up my friend who works in student services in UBC, have him walk us through it. sweatdrop  

God-Raped-Me

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff