Reply Community Lounge
Need help with my scanner!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:04 am
Ok so I've been trying to fix my Canon Pixma MP190 which is a printer/scanner. I've uninstalled the device and after a few hoops I've downloaded the drivers to make the printer work again however I still have the same problem with my scanner. Every time I hit the scan button I get a window that pops up and asks me, "Select the program I wish to launch for this action." There is nothing to select however. I've been looking around and I can't find anything to help, it doesn't even seem that people have the same problem as I do. I can't find what program it is I need to use either. I know there are people in this guild WAY more tech savy than I and I need your help!

While we're waiting feel free to discuss your experiences or even problems you have now with computerish stuff. I'm actually planning on making this a "Help with computer problems" thread for the entire guild because I don't believe we have one!

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:28 pm
Screen shots help. >3>

When is says to select a program, does it give you an option to browse? If so, browse, and navigate to the Canon/Printer You Are Using's folder and see if you can find the scanner program.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:45 pm
User Image

That's what I get. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: It's a bad picture job because I was lazy, so all that white space is actually picture.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:21 pm
Oh what the...

You'll have to keep on searching forums then, or take this to an electronics help forum. >_>  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:51 pm
For some reason, the drivers for the actual SCANNER may not have been installed. Don't ask me we, but it does happen some times when installing new hardware drivers. I guess just try one more time and see if that helps.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:02 pm
Wow, even Pancake doesn't have a sure fix for it!  

God-Raped-Me

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:53 am
well, when it comes to devices that require drivers, it can be pretty tricky.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games