Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Nyu Comb-Pyu-tur Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one is better?
  Dragonball
  Dragonball Z
  Dragonball GT
View Results

No Troubles

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:50 am
Well, i am -iSnug- to start off... surprised
And angel, you CAN upgrade macs, my Mac started out as a 10.4.11 a year or so ago, i just had to buy a new CD to upgrade it to 10.5.8

Why windows suck  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:10 am
negative negative negative.

I'm talking about upgrading the hard drive etc. Hard ware upgrades...

But cool story bro.  

angel_half82
Crew

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:29 am
Mr Tuu Tuu
Well, i am -iSnug- to start off... surprised
And angel, you CAN upgrade macs, my Mac started out as a 10.4.11 a year or so ago, i just had to buy a new CD to upgrade it to 10.5.8

Why windows suck

pffffffffft, my computer gets software upgrades FOR FREE all the time.

hardware's what its all about.

and oh hey, i remember you, snug! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:32 pm
Ok i am just going to end the arguement here, since i would hate to see the worst come out in people. (I think ive already seen Angel's... jk). I am just going to say that they are both pretty much equal and i will list their pros and cons.

Macs-

Pros:
+Very easy to use and userfriendly.
+Can support alot of animation/industry applications that take up alot of space (10+ gb).
+Has a built-in anti-virus which is almost impossible to break through. (No Installation needed)

Cons:
-Cannot play most computer gaming software
-Interface seems too simple, even little children can use.
-About 2x the price of windows computers.
-Has a very weird symbol (I hate it lol) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Windows-(Based from a WINDOWS VISTA HOME EDITION)

Pros:
+Can run 97% of Computer gaming software.
+Has a KICK-a** LOGO!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
+Can occasionally update hardware for free.
+Is faster internet-wise when it comes to loading speed.
+Can emulate a Linux processing system without rebooting the CPU, (Macs need to reboot to emulate windows and linux.

Cons:
-Has no virus protection whatsoever (Even virus-blockers don't really help.)
-Everytime you try and open something other than the applications already installed into the harddrive when you get the computer, it asks for your permission to open it every time, even though you click "don't tell me again".

Anyone want me to add/take away anything? I got these pros and cons from my own Windows Vista Home edition, and my Mac OS 10.4.11 Power PC.

No Troubles

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:41 pm
I'm a PC and I'm a troll.

smile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:33 pm
angel_half82
I'm a PC and I'm a troll.

smile
Im a Mac, and im a..er... elf? razz  

No Troubles

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:43 pm
Mr Tuu Tuu
Ok i am just going to end the arguement here, since i would hate to see the worst come out in people. (I think ive already seen Angel's... jk). I am just going to say that they are both pretty much equal and i will list their pros and cons.

Macs-

Pros:
+Can support alot of animation/industry applications that take up alot of space (10+ gb).
+Has a built-in anti-virus which is almost impossible to break through. (No Installation needed)

Cons:
-Has a very weird symbol (I hate it lol) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pros:
+Has a KICK-a** LOGO!
+Can emulate a Linux processing system without rebooting the CPU, (Macs need to reboot to emulate windows and linux.

Cons:
-Everytime you try and open something other than the applications already installed into the harddrive when you get the computer, it asks for your permission to open it every time, even though you click "don't tell me again".

Anyone want me to add/take away anything? I got these pros and cons from my own Windows Vista Home edition, and my Mac OS 10.4.11 Power PC.

why are you comparing macs to windows? pc's run things OTHER THAN windows, you know.

poor little linux never gets any love...

crying  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:22 pm
bluegrass cat
Mr Tuu Tuu

Macs-

Pros:

Cons:

Pros:
+Has a KICK-a** LOGO!

Cons:

why are you comparing macs to windows? pc's run things OTHER THAN windows, you know.

poor little linux never gets any love...

crying Lol linux= s**t,
they cant run most applications,
there is no virus protection in them, they are easiest targets to hack/send virus.  

No Troubles

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:05 pm
^_^

I just got a netbook! I have two laptops, a desktop and a tower.

The Dell Lat (forgot name) doesn't hold a charge at all, but doesn't shock me any more. It is missing a few keys too.

The other laptop is an Epson (named Eppy). Tiny, but thick, and a whooping 30min battery charge. Ya, it is from probably last millennium. (got it for working a yardsale, I still think it is cool)

The desktop is a POS, my parents' old one. Just for playing with basically.

Tower <3 <3 <3 (named Gabits)
GA-P35-DS3L
The case is from an old tower with 64 mbs RAM, all of the peices of which i still have.
Intel C2D E6750 2.66ghz
2x1gb RAM 4-4-4-12
460W psu
160gb hdd and 250 slave
dvd burner drive
-LOVE-
heart heart heart

As that is my fleet. A single row boat could have taken it out before I cleaned out the tower and assembled my little pride and joy. <3

The net book (Natasha) was refurbished, and I was too slow for the black so I got pink. I painted it white. Well, I painted it with easter egg stripes (to go with the pink) but it was bad, due to color choice. Toshiba, something or other from newegg, like a 9.5 hour batter life, under 300usd (well, 300.19 with shipping) and 10". So everything I wanted, and like most netbooks it is surprisingly close in specs to my tower. >.> (Which is a bad thing because it pisses me off.)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:07 pm
Yu name your computerz? o.o  

No Troubles

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:15 pm
I just bought my first laptop today. Its a Dell something or other with a mess of gigabytes for a hard drive. Woo!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:45 pm
Mr Tuu Tuu
Yu name your computerz? o.o

we name our computers.

we had navi, racer x and now navi 2.0. xd  

WastelandMama
Crew

No Troubles

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:22 am
angel_half82
I just bought my first laptop today. Its a Dell something or other with a mess of gigabytes for a hard drive. Woo!
A mess of gigabytes? sounds small... like maybe 20gb? Thats a small computer. My mac has 19tb ( 1 Terrabyte= 1000 Gigabytes)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:50 am
Mr Tuu Tuu
angel_half82
A mess of gigabytes? sounds small... like maybe 20gb? Thats a small computer. My mac has 19tb ( 1 Terrabyte= 1000 Gigabytes)

Bullshit. No one has 19 terrabytes on their computer  

Artanus

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:53 pm
Artanus
Mr Tuu Tuu
angel_half82

Bullshit. No one has 19 terrabytes on their computer

Maybe he mans the computer system that runs SKYNET man.

FUKKEN JUDGEMENT DAY!!!

500 GB = a mess of gigabytes. heh

@Artanus: I think they have external harddrives that are in Terabytes but you would have to like.... Daisy chain 4 of them together or something which just sounds like it would take up too much desk space and cost too much money. gonk  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff