Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
Team Fortress 2 - Free Halo Hats. (Cheater's Lament)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`Trace

Newbie Noob

6,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:21 am
From the official TF2 website:

Erik Johnson
Over the next few days we'll be removing all TF2 items that were earned using external idling applications. We're going to adopt a zero tolerance policy for external applications used to manipulate the persistent item system. Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today, this time we're only removing the items earned through cheating the system. Going forward, if we find users using external applications, we'll remove all of their items. If you're interested, only about 4.5% of the players in TF2's community will be affected by this cleansing process.

Meanwhile, everyone who took the moral high road will soon be finding a new hat in their inventory. We've also significantly increased the chance of finding any of the existing hats.

We realize there is a high level of demand for items, and we're still working on systems to allow you to find them in new ways (via Trading, and crafting duplicates into desired items). However, we need to draw the line at running external applications.

I got a halo in TF2 now. Yay! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:25 am
Don't forget to not wear it as a spy as it stays visible when you are camouflaged.  

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:21 pm
Eww a thread was made about this and I never saw it? Yeah I was one of the main people who inspired the "Dirty Idlers" group on Steam. I wore that tag for about 4 months after September 2nd, AKA the Idlercaust. Refused to heal people wearing Halos, killed them all the time, etc. Good times. The whole "Idler vs. Halos" was the funnest s**t ever. All of this was protesting in Valve's decision.

Ahh... those were the days!

Yeah, needless to say, I idled. I wasn't offended by losing pretty much nothing (I lost a Football helmet, which, at that time, was my least-favorite hat), I was honesty much more offended by Valve making idlers out as "cheaters" even though the terms and conditions never said anything against any 3rd-party programs. neutral  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games