Submit

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:55 pm
Setting, and the lark

Piracy, the seas are full of it. Whether it’s from simple men trying to make a living out of a bad situation or rumours of a supernatural nature, everyone seems to be getting in on the act. Most pirates fade into obscurity, but some manage to leave their mark; for good or for bad. Legends of long lost treasure hordes circulate constantly, everyone claims to know someone who knew someone who got close to the treasure. Captain Bilespit’s treasure is the most talked about; some claim he had a map to the fountain of youth, others claim he knew the path to Valhalla. Some just believe he had maps to all the other legendary hordes. No one has ever seen the map and lived.

Given a map at the age of 8 by his father, Bass seeks his fortune just like any other pirate. After years of working hard, he finally has enough to buy the ship he wanted, the Furystorm.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:01 pm
Rules, and that lot

Aye, I be tryin' my hand at runnin' an RP. Tis Pirate themed, don'tcha know.

Yar, there be some rules. Thar be the obvious ones, for example:

• No godmoddin'
  • No cyberin' (Ye've got MSN or somethin' for that)
  • Keep to tha ToS

Now there be my rules:
Think of this as a turn based RP, I will make a Captain Post (Thanks for the idea, Lin. =P) and everyone will get one post after that. Then we repeat the cycle. This is because I'm not the most active person ever, and some people like to take their RPs a bit slower than others. Most of the time, the Captain's post will be a regular old RP post, but from time to time I may put some important information in there for you, so make sure you check it nonetheless.

No single line posts. This is kinda implied by the previous rule, if you've only got one post per turn to get your character to do something, you don't wanna be wastin' it.  

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Crew (characters)

Ye can either post yer character sheet in here or PM it to me. I'd prefer a PM, because it gives me the jollies to see me PM bubble light up.

Character sheets are to include the followin':

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Tektek:[/b]
[b]BRIEF history:[/b]

I's not be askin' fer much. Ye'll be given yer position aboard the ship in the RP.

Current crew o' the Furystorm RP:

User ImageBass (This be me) (Captain)
BRIEF history: At the age of 8, Tamus had been given a map by his father and told to keep it safe. His father claimed that in the future the map would bring Tamus great fortune. Shortly after this, Tamus' father lost his mind, changed his own name to Captain Trout and started calling Tamus "Bass". "Trout" started saying that Tamus' map would lead to Bilespit's treasure. Tamus' mother believed this was why his father had lost his mind, so set Tamus the task of getting his father's sanity back. Now, with a ship waiting, adventure awaits!

User ImagePeeks (Played by Pickles)
BRIEF history: Peeks is a serving wench at the Hungman's Tavern, and is getting rather tired of being hit on by her clientèle.

User ImageLethe (Played by Yunie)
BRIEF history: Just another shipless pirate looking for some adventure.

User Image Otho (Played by Pisces)
BRIEF history: Blind in one eye, with blind ambition to prove himself.

User ImageAlucard (Played by Ranuu)
BRIEF history: A horribly lazy drunk, Alucard was kicked out by 'is mum yesterday and is hoping to find adventure. He has a knack for dressing up in costumes and making odd contraptions out of the most common objects. He can also distill alcoholic beverages out of anything. Really. But don't expect to drink them, because he will usually have already downed them by the time they're done brewing.

User ImageLex (Played by Viral)

BRIEF history: Lex or also known as the notorious "Running X" or "Knife Chucker" and "Scalping Mother ********" is known for often joining and leaving crews at random times, he carries more weapons then any one pirate would recommend. He has been a quarter master a few times and that being the reason he was given the AKA "Scalping Mother ********" for his more then necessary punishments.

User ImageMina (Played by Invis)
BRIEF history: Mina was born the daughter of an aristocrat or some such nonsense; She doesn't really care for the details. All that's known is that she grew bored of this life and has spent the last several years jumping from town to town, performing odd jobs that pique her interest. She's also rather fond of alcohol of all forms and brags that she can outdrink any man.

User ImageKeiran (real name Kerrigan, played by Kerrigan)
(ignoring the more feminine features; it's impossible to use a female avi to make a tomboyish pirate. =P)
BRIEF history: On the run from the man who killed her mother and vowed to cause her immeasurable agony, she hid her identity in plain sight: by becoming a man. She binds her chest and wears loose clothing to hide her sex, as well as a variety of weapons. Good at hiding in plain sight and watching, which is what she usually does with her time.

User Image Adrian (Played by Sentama Lin)

He's the navigator and sharpshooter of enemies, and hearts, of the Furystorm's crew. He seems unhumanly capable of navigating, whether it be the stormy seas, the bustling towns, or the undergarments of some enthralled lad or lassie. If he was asked what his best assets were, he would list these three things: my intelligence, my chivalry, and, of course, my skills with my weapon.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:12 pm
Captain's post

The Furystorm was moored up in the harbour at Hollowhill, silent and empty. The last captain had been the subject of a particularly vicious mutiny and the crew made off with all the loot and abandoned the ship. The harbour master had taken ownership of the Furystorm, and had done his best to sell it on for years. Very few potential buyers looked at the ship any more, it just didn't seem to appeal to anyone. Except one pirate, curiously named Bass. After months of looking at the ship, he finally bought it. Standing on the decks, he took a deep breath. It's mine. He laughed until tears streamed down his face. I've finally done it. I've finally got my own ship! Oh bugger, now I have to get a crew.

Twenty minutes and two pints of ale later in the Hungmans Tavern, Bass had roughed out an advert for a crew which he stuck to the wall.

CREW NEEDED - FURYSTORM SAILS AGAIN

Let's be hopin' I do better than the last captain...

Talk to Bass, look for the purple hair

He was proud of it, it wasn't too formal but it got the point across well. Now all he needed to do was to wait. And get some more ale.  

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

pickle relish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:34 pm
At the Hungman's Tavern in Hollowhill, there worked a young serving wench. Her given name was Penelope, but through some twisted chain of events, she ended up being called Peeks. She had worked at the tavern for roughly three years, and there hadn't been a day since she started work that some too-big-for-his-britches drunkard hadn't put the moves on her. She was getting tired of it, and some days she thought she might take the next ship out of the harbor. She hadn't done it yet, but if one more drunk scumbag laid his hands on her...

Peeks brought a tankard to one of her customers, a man who in her opinion had downed more than enough ale already. The man leered drunkenly at her, and grabbed at her arm as she turned to walk away. He mumbled something incoherently at her, but he leered again, making his intent obvious. As she pulled away, she quietly slipped her other hand under her sash, gripping the knife she had hidden there. But the man refused to let go. She whipped the knife out and held it against his throat, her gaze steely.

"Let go o' me. Now. Unless ye be wantin' to lose some body parts today."
She placed a little pressure against his neck with the blade, letting him know she was deadly serious. The man released her, and she stormed away, stopping to breathe by the wall where the townspeople placed advertisements.

A ship, aye? Maybe gettin' out o' this god-forsaken town is exactly what I need.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:10 pm
Lethe sat in a corner of the Hungman's Tavern. She was half-reclined on her chair, sword at her side, idly sipping her drink and watching the other patrons.

"Excitement.." she muttered into her glass. "That's what I be needin'. A bit o' excitement." She took another sip, or rather, attempted to. Her glass was empty. "Bugger. Where does it go? I would swear this was full a moment ago." Lethe tapped the glass against her lips as she searched for anwsers in the ceiling.

The sound of the serving wench threatening a very obviously drunk man brought her focus back to floor level. She nodded to herself as the wench pulled a knife on him. "Good lass. No girl should be wi'out a blade," she said, running her fingers over the hilt of her own. Her gaze drifted back up to the ceiling as the girl stormed off, and she went to take a sip of her drink before remembering, again, that it was still empty.

"Right. Time to find some excitement." She remembered seeing a purple-haired man stand up triumphantly and pin a notice to the wall. That was as good a place to start as any.  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:46 am
Stumbling through the streets of Hollowhill was never a good idea, and so Alucard had long ago decided to postpone his drunkenness for a better time and place; a local pub by the name of The Hungmans' Tavern. The tavern itself wasn't the best in town, but it wasn't the worst, and that was Alucard's style. The sign hanging above the door showed a stick figure hanging by a noose, drinking a pint. It didn't make sense, but then again it didn't really have to.

Alucard liked the place because of the owner's taste in serving wenches. At some of the other pubs and taverns in town, the wenches might be overweight, with corsets that, if they broke, could kill somebody, and giant cleavages that a man could get lost in if he tried hard enough. But those ladies were also very dirty, and often went home with someone they had served. Here, the wenches were thinner, prettier, and much more dangerous. This was a pirate's bar, if there ever was one.

In fact, right now, one of the wenches had a knife pressed to the neck of one of the men who callously tried to grope her. Alucard, already half past drunk, laughed raucously at the sight. He was telling a story to a couple old sailors, about how he'd fought a great sea monster in his youth (he was only 27, but that was old, he insisted, for a pirate).
"See lads? That's how ye lose yer cannonballs, that is. Har har, now whar was I?"

He probably could have read the sign, and would probably have been excited to possibly become a pirate, but he hadn't seen it, and hadn't read it, and therefore knew nothing about it yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:24 am
Inside a random local mans house Lex hid in a storage area and fastened his swords, two pistols, 4 knives to his side then his rifle to his back. he writes a not that says "Thanks, the food was delicious" and pinned it to the post near the door, he didn't actually eat anything, he just wanted to cause some distress to the house hold.

Lex leaves silently and runs laughing in the alley ways to the Hungmans Tavern but before he entered the tavern he saw a paper nailed to the post "oh?" he jumps up onto the rafters and monkey swings his way to the paper and hangs by his legs upside down to look at the paper as locals looked at him laughing and others gave him looks like he was mad.

he reads the text upside down about the "Captain Bass" and about his "Ship" needing a "Crew" so they can go on a "Voyage", as he thought this made quotation marks with his fingers and people thought he was indeed insane. "Oooohh goodie" he said in a sarcastic tone "But, interesting this be, join I shall" he drops down and walks on his hands into the tavern where he was seeing a scene of a wench holding a knife to a drunk. "There can only be one" he said in a high voice to himself as if doing a voice acting part for the wench. he looked at another girl who was watching the scene with enjoyment.

Lex crouches down and moves around the bar like if he was being stealthy which brought him plenty of attention as he moved towards Peeks the he jumped onto the rafters and crawled above her then came down hanging by his legs and hung in front of her then gave her an excited "Hi!"  

Red Glacier

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:27 am
The salty, midday stench of freshly netted fish, wetted mooring lines, and unwashed ruffians met Otho's nose as he stood looking out over the glistening bay, the words of a haunting melody still seeping through his brain like murky brine. "...taaake... me awayyy... on the white, foaming wings of the tides..." He sung softly, kicking the steady beat of the song into the barrel to his right. "Rrrgh... Never gonna get that outta my head..." he grumbled. As the fire of the tune subsided in his subconscious (at least for the time being), Otho was able to clear his head, noticing instantly that he had completely forgotten what it was he was about before he'd stopped to gaze at the ocean.

As if sensing his mental distress and misdirection, his stomach chose that moment to rumble uncomfortably, breaking Otho's concentration. "Bit hungry, I guess... I wonder if everyone talks to themselves like this..." With that he turned on his heel and looked up and down the long street. Vendors and shopkeepers of every shape, size, and configuration (for some of them were distinctly missing key body parts), bustled and busied at their work, making their shops as presentable as they cared to.

His eyes fell on a wind-worn sign creaking slowly to and fro. "Ah, The Hungman's Tavern... adequate... At least it won't be too busy." He pulled at the leather straps that crossed his chest, tightening the two sheathes on his back, which held his mother's most valued treasures, Karma and Artha. He'd never had cause to use the glimmering blades, whose hilts had been hand crafted by his mother in her youth, but he knew how. This thought stream was just passing into his head as he pushed through the tavern door.

His first glances fell on a table with a rather shabby looking bloke sitting slumped lazily in one of the table's four wooden chairs. He strode to the table, intrigued, and spoke up over the light din issuing from the pub's various patrons. "Mind if I take a load off?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:13 pm
Keiran sat back in her seat at the Hungman's Tavern, putting her feet on the table and balancing her chair on two legs as she watched with amusement she didn't even try to hide at the serving girl... What is her name again? Been going here so long, I ought to remember by now... Peeks, that was it! ...pulling a knife on a particularly vulgar customer. Keiran had seen this guy around before, and was less than impressed. Peeks could slit the man's throat right now and not even his own mother would cry, Keiran thought as she sipped her mead thoughtfully. This girl deserves better than this. Keiran gave a small, wry smile at herself. I deserve better than this. What am I doing with my life? I can't run forever...

Somehow Keiran (she didn't even think of herself as Kerrigan anymore, it'd been so long) found herself on her feet and walking over to Peeks, her mead left behind. She went to look at the wall Peeks had been looking at and raised an eyebrow upon reading the advertisement Peeks had been gazing at, then looked around for the man with purple hair. Or, mayhaps I can run forever. Just need a better mode of transport. She found him immediately and wove her way through the crowd over to him, after having given a nod of her head to Peeks and a subtle gesture indicating where to go.

Keiran sat down across from Bass and looked at him for a moment. "I saw that ye be wantin' a crew fer yer ship, Cap'n Bass?" she asked him softly. She knew that he wouldn't suspect of her being a woman. No one did. Everyone thought her just a scrawny teenage boy who hadn't quite hit puberty yet, which was fine by her. "Mayhaps there be some have 'proached ye firs'..." she continued softly. She could speak with clear words and meaning as well as any noble, but that would have stood out in this crowd. So she adopted the normal dialect that was heard around these parts. "...But I be doubtin' many'd be willing' to be stoopin' so low as to be in the scullery, or do nothin' but the nasty chores as must be done, but no one wants te be doin'. I would. An' that aside, I have a fair hand at fightin'. Been in a few fights, got me a bit of a reputation as havin' a quick hand wit' a knife. I'm Keiran, Cap'n. And I be wantin' to join yer crew. Now." A very head-on approach, but she didn't feel like skirting around the point. She was a bit surprised by the intensity of this desire to leave and go sailing. She'd gone on some ships before, of course, but had never wanted anything with every fiber of her being like this. She wanted to go out sailing, with this man as her Captain, or die trying.  

Kerrigan_dragon

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:08 pm
Mina aimlessly wandered around town, like she typically does at some point or another during the day. Her reasoning for this is that when her mind wanders, her feet want to follow, though sometimes they take her to less than desirable situations. She shuddered, reminded of that instance in her younger years when she had come across an emaciated old homeless man lying in an alleyway. Rats poked out from the holes in his clothes and the stench he emitted tricked her into thinking he was already dead and decaying (though the record was set straight the moment he started speaking in a gravelly voice that shocked her so badly she ran from the alley faster than she could down a pint of rum. Obviously, this was not one of her finer moments).

This day however, her feet had led her to the door of The Hungman's Tavern, one that she had not yet come across in the week or so she had been in Hollowhill. The sweet smell of the sea was knocking at the door and past it she could hear its raucous patrons as well as a few dirty cats slinking around the back alley. Pushing through the doors she caught a glimpse at a wench with her knife at a drunkard's throat (she couldn't help but internally cheer her on; Mina had had a few stints as a tavern wench before and could remember just how infuriating it was being constantly grabbed by dirty men), a scarred man laughing loudly to a couple sailors with his hand tight around half a bottle of ale, and what could only be described as a purple-haired pirate speaking with a rather feminine-looking man.

Winding through the tables, Mina swiped a bottle of ale off of one while its owner was too busy ogling at one of the wenches. She had barely taken a swig of the stuff before tossing it to the side. Can't believe how some people can drink such swill... she thought with a groan. She swore she even tasted the man's rotten teeth and smoke. She eventually came across an advert apparently put up by the purple-haired man (Bass was his name. How odd.). He was looking for a crew. Hrm... she thought while absentmindedly running her thumb down one of her blades, which were currently tied at her waist. I don't think I've been a pirate yet. Yeah...this could be fun.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:34 am
Captain's post

The note Bass had stuck to the wall seemed to be more popular with the locals than he'd first thought. About 50 men and women had already put their name on the crew roster, and there were no signs that they'd stop signing up yet. In the middle of a welcome break from all the names, Bass was busy taking a swig from his fourth pint of ale when another two people approached him. One was one of the serving girls from the tavern, and an especially good looking one at that. The other was a boy, couldn't be any more than 17 by Bass' reckoning.

Despite his age, the boy was up front, "... And I be wantin' to join yer crew. Now." Bass set down his pint. A grin slipped onto his lips, which quickly grew into a chuckle. From there it evolved into a full blown laugh. "Hah! Signin' up for the worst jobs! Now THAT'S a new one!" Bass roared with laughter, "Hah! Hahaha! Yer in, lad! Keiran, was it?" Bass scrawled Keiran's name on the roster. Of all the men and women to sign up, this lad seemed to have the most heart. That meant he'd be fierce in battle too, nothing about him seemed lacking. Perfect.

Bass looked to the serving girl and was about to tell her he was fine for the moment before he caught the look on her face. She looked every bit as determined as Keiran. "Now then, lass, Either you're lookin' to find some fun tonight or you're wantin' to sign up. Either way, ye've got a yes"  

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

pickle relish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:04 am
Peeks was a bit startled by the man who had suddenly appeared upside-down in front of her, but a quick glance up revealed he was hanging from the rafters. She was about to respond to him when she noticed one of the regulars, a slender young man, approaching the wall to look at the same advertisement. He turned to look at the purple-haired man in the back, and Peeks followed his gaze, and turned back to look at the boy...Keiran. That was his name. He nodded to her, angling his head towards the purple-haired man, and began making his way through the crowd. Peeks took one last glance at the man hanging from the rafters, bid him good day, and followed Keiran to the table in the back.

The purple-haired man----Bass, she recalled, remembering the name on bulletin---seemed a little drunk, and more than a little condescending towards the two of them. He accepted Keiran (after laughing at him), and turned to look at her. She raised her chin and stared him straight in the face, making it clear that she was as determined as Keiran.

"Now then, lass, either you're lookin' to find some fun tonight or you're wantin' to sign up. Either way, ye've got a yes."

Peeks flushed angrily, and stood up straighter, tossing her hair away from her face. "What makes you think I'd be lookin' for fun wit' the likes of you?" she spat. In truth, the man wasn't entirely unattractive, despite the purple hair, but his drunken demeanor reminded her of the men she had been dealing with for the last three years. "I'm signin' up fo' the crew, an' that's all."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:07 am
As he hung behind Peeks a drunk yelled out to him "Hey you with the green X!". Lex dropped down on his feet and 3 drunk men approached him

Drunk: "ya think yer all be neat with that mask on ya?"

Lex: "Yes, it is very neat as i wash it daily"

Drunk 2: "Ahhhh we got one e them smart ones on us. he deserves a good roughin up"

The drunk man in the middle stays silent as the other two get knives out and get closer to Lex. Lex raises his arms up for them to wait "Before you two kill me, can I ask you one question?"

Drunk: "Oh yeah lad? what would that be?"

Lex: He starts singing "DO YOU BELIIIIEEEEVE IN LIFE AFTER LOVE!" he quickly draws his two pistols and shoots the knives out of the two mens hands and then puts the pistols away, after ward he draws his two words then turns them around holding them backwards. Lex then jumps at the first of the drunken men and hits him in the throat with the back of the blade saying "1" then knees him in the face to stand him up straight yelling a "2" he then headbutts the man saying a "3"

After the headbutt the man felt dizzy, Lex ducks and sweeps the man off his feet with a swing at his ankles yelling a "4" then as the man fell he hit the mans hit with a yelp of "5" and knocked the man, he looks at the other man and excitedly yells out "5 hit combo!"

The other drunk man blinked then put on a raging expression on his face and ran at Lex

Lex: "Orly? have you ever played Street Fighter?"

Drunk 2: "What?" he said slowing down confused.

Lex: He tosses his right blade in his left hand then jumped in front of the drunk then with a mighty jumping upper cut he yelled "Shoryu-ken!" and the drunk fell unconscious as he hit the floor "Apparently not." Lex said triumphantly

the drunk man in the middle stared at Lex and said "You'll regret trying to get fancy on that serving wench. I had eyes on her first"

Lex: "Hitting on? the wench? Oh but no sir I was actually.........." he walks over and puts an arm around Keiran "....going to make fancy with this strapping young lad right here"

Drunk man: he had a look of disgust "You a lover of boys?"

Lex: "No sir, i'm actually quite drunk at the moment and can't tell the difference in genders"

Drunk Man: "HA! you haven't drank since you got here lad! You're not as drunk as me!"

Lex: "Oh but sir! You are actually quite clean! Because don't people tell you to be yourself?"

Drunk: "Yep"

Lex: "And don't they say being drunk makes you act nowhere like yourself?"

Drunk: "yyyeees?"

Lex: "Well did you know that there is a filter in your mind that makes you not act like your true self? But when you drink that filter makes you show your true self. So by that logic, you are actually sober and the rest of us who didn't drink are the ones that are drunk"

DrunK: he sits there still and a look of amazement appears on his face "You're right! I need to stop drinking! I need to get drunk! thank you!" he gives Lex a hug and runs out the door.

Lex: "Enjoy the enlightenment!" he said as a farewell while people in the tavern roared with laughter. Lex goes over to Captain Bass "My name is Lex, I would like to join your crew. do I need to pass any test of some kind?"  

Red Glacier

RP/Game

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces