Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Oh dear oh my! How do I fix that? [Complete] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bugpoison

Aged Noob

2,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:32 pm
" Don't you find it a bit sad that the both of us could not even do a simple job of patching up these holes? " Sally questioned, embarrassed over the inability to close up a few tears on one of Friday's dress up shirts.

" Sally...don't even remind me. What kind of humans are we!? " Friday laughed. His eyes looked over the results of tripping late last night when adventuring around. It was such a nice looking button up shirt too...

" The kind that fail miserably at doing basic house hold tasks! I'm surprised we can even cook ourselves decent meals. Which reminds me that I have to go to the market. So while you are fixing up that shirt I'll go on ahead. " Sally rummaged through her small hand bag to pull out a list of what seemed like ingredients.

The two friends came to a quick stop once Friday pointed out they had arrived to his destination. The seamstress was behind the shops doors, while the market was only a few blocks down. Either way it was time for them to split up for a while. " I'll head on over to market after everything is all done. I also need to find some things for tonight's dinner. Gotta work on my housewife skills. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. " Friday gigglesnorted at his own comment while Sally shook her head. Waving goodbye Friday entered the shop with high hopes.

" Hello? I am a customer seeking for your services! "

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:49 pm
The shop he had entered was just a simple, small shop. It was barely decorated, the walls painted a simple cream. Shelvings lined up the walls, filled up with bags and bags of clothes longing for their owners to come back and bring them home. The only point of interest was the familiar blue bottle sitting on the counter the girl was behind.

" Hello? I am a customer seeking for your services! "

Haru immediately looked up when she had heard someone. Business has been slow this few weeks, perhaps that was why she was slightly excited when one came by. The man standing at the door was tall, very tall. At least compared to her. Haru was definitely shocked, most of her customers were female.

"Welcome to my humble shop" she greeted from behind the counter. A rather large smile plastered onto her face. "If you have anything you needed fixing, just put it on the counter and we'll see what we can do." She began nodding and looked back at the guy.

Fweedle

Toothsome Lunatic

bugpoison

Aged Noob

2,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:05 pm
The simplicity of the shop allowed Friday to relax a bit. Reminded him of his cozy apartment. Though it made him question if the seamstress was any good at her job. The bags filled with clothes, not with their proper owners, only added to his suspicions. Clearing his throat Friday finally introduced himself.

" Hello there M'am. My name is Friday and like mentioned I need your help. " With that said he placed his top on the counter, the sleeve with the holes facing the woman. "

" All I need is for this to be patched back up into perfection. The shirt fits so well and I'd hate to have to throw it out because of 'this' " He index finger motioned to what he meant. With an awkward smile Friday took one step back from the counter before noticing the precious looking bottle.

" Nice looking bottle you have there. I have one very similar in shape at home, thought with various colors. Yours seems to have....a bit more detail on the actual glass. " Friday narrowed his eyes and bent over to catch a better look.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:53 pm
Haru took the shirt into her hands and began inspecting it. She ran her hand over the ripped area and brought it up to her eyes. There was a few holes, the biggest was a rip of the seam. Something she had seen nearly everyday, hence it was easy to fix.

In an instant, she took out her hand sewing set and laid it out, needles of various size sat neatly on it. She stood up and made her way to her thread cupboard and took out a a few rolls of thread that was similar in color to the material used for the shirt.

" Nice looking bottle you have there. I have one very similar in shape at home, thought with various colors. Yours seems to have....a bit more detail on the actual glass. "

What Friday had said caught her attention. So there's more than one of such bottle? That was something she definitely had to ask him about later.

She began threading the needle through the 'eye' of the needle and began work to patch up the largest hole. She took her time, making sure the stiches were closer together so that it would be alot more stronger. After a few minutes of stitching, she was nearly done with the largest hole.

Once she was done, she looked back up at the man. "I'm Haru, by the way." she decided to introduce herself. If she was to ask some questions, she figured it would be more polite. "You said you have something similar? Where did you get it?" she asked. She had found hers by the beach but she decided to leave that out for now.

Her hands began to work, threading the other color thread into the needle and started work on one of the smaller holes.

Fweedle

Toothsome Lunatic

bugpoison

Aged Noob

2,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:25 am
Friday watched Haru intently as she did her job. What a relief! She was certainly doing a good job. A wonderful job compared to himself and Sally. He chuckled to himself remembering their fail attempts. How silly of them.

" Nice to meet you Haru. " Friday replied with a tune. He focused his eyes once again on the bottle. It's scale like markings were certainly interesting. The texture of it was visible but he was too nervous to actually grace his fingers over the cool glass. Simply because it was not his. Maybe if he were to ask Haru would allow him to further examine the piece of wonderful craftsmanship.

" Yes I do! To put it in simple it is basically a rainbow in a bottle. Kinda of awkward to admit but i've grown attached to it. Something about the bottle....just...i don't know! " Friday let out a nervous chuckle.

" It was actually a gift from someone I tend to help out quite often. "

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:22 am
Haru's eye were locked onto the man, intrigued by how a man of his size could be so interested in such a tiny bottle. Though she had to admit that she too was captivated by the surprising beauty of the tiny glass object. Her gaze went back down onto the task at hand and began work again.

Though her eyes and hands were busy, she kept her ear open and listened. It was definitely interesting to find someone that had something similar, even if it was a coincidence.

"Wow, a rainbow," she smiled. "Well, I understand what you mean. It's almost as though the bottle is ... magical" Haru emphasized on the last word, it was appropriate as she had felt that way when she found the bottle.

"Well, you can touch it if you want..." she said meekly after a few minutes, a faint blush appeared on her face. Perhaps it was caused by the thoughts of how wrong it sounded in her head.

"Wow, being gifted something of such exquisite craftsmenship. That person must be something special." she blurted. It only took a few seconds afterwards for her to realise how rude that sounded. "I'm so sorry!" she quickly apologized, her eyes looking back at the man.

Fweedle

Toothsome Lunatic

bugpoison

Aged Noob

2,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:05 pm
" I couldn't agree more! Every time I look over at my bottle I get a sudden burst of energy. Which is always a good thing! " Friday agreed with himself. Working two jobs was certainly stressful from time to time. The presence of the bottle back home surely made things easier for some odd reason. Just as if it was someone, keeping him company, motivating him to go on with his days. Friday allowed himself to smile brightly at the thought.

" Oh! You read my mind. I was just about to ask if I could possibly pick it up. Mind connection~ " Friday chimed before finally grabbing the bottle with his hands. It was so amazing to look at up close, especially touching it. The magical essence tingled the tips of his fingers. " Do you believe there may be 'something' else to the bottles? They could be haunted! " Friday looked over at Haru. Was his chattering distracting her? " Sorry for being so talkative! I'll leave if you want. My mind is just getting a bit ahead of it's self. "

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:49 pm
As Haru watched the man touched her bottle, her mind started to wander. She thought about whether there would be other bottles scattered around the world, considering that there were already two of such bottle near this area.

" Do you believe there may be 'something' else to the bottles? They could be haunted! "

That sparked Haru's interests. Ever since she was a little kid, she has been interested in magical being such as fairies and goblins. (Which little girl doesn't dream of becoming a fairy, honestly?) "Well, I sure hope so," Haru smiled "life would be so much more interesting." she added with a slight giggle.

Though she was still maintaining the conversation, her hands never stopped working. Perhaps it was all those years of having to avoid her mother's questions while working on her crafts that had allowed her to multitask. "Oh, it's alright." she nodded "I'm nearly done anyway!"

Fweedle

Toothsome Lunatic

bugpoison

Aged Noob

2,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:22 pm
The possibility of the bottles having a connection to the magical world was always there. Many things in their own land were full of mystery. The creatures in Whi Forest that were constantly being mentioned in stories. Some civilians even came into contacts with some of the beings. Well, according to THEM. Who could tell fact from fiction. Friday personally never ventures too close to the forest. Worries and paranoia always kept him in a safe distance. Not like it mattered much. His life was here and that is all that truly mattered. No need to do any of these adventures, besides the one in safe locations.

" We will hope together. It is a pretty nifty idea to think that these bottles may be more than we see. " Friday examined the blue bottle before placing it back on the counter. " Does yours make you feel anything in particular? You said you found it at the beach, correct? " Maybe if he questioned they would eventually come up with a theory.

Though Haru's update on her work progress was a good one it managed to disappoint Friday. She was so interesting to communicate with! Especially on this particular subject. Maybe he'd stick around for a bit longer before meeting up with Sally at the market place.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:19 am
Haru pondered upon the question for quite some time. She didn't really felt any different after finding her bottle, except for the few times she had strange urges to go back to the beach where she had found the glass artifact. "Well, I'm sure whether it is related ... " she paused, giving her chin a tap or two. "but there have been times when I just want to go back out to the beach and just stay there, enjoying the ocean breeze." she continued.

Looking back at what she had just said, Haru realised that the bottle seemed to be the one that wanted to be out there, considering she had never have such urges in the past before. "What about you?" she continued, feeling it was needed. "What weird things had happened to you after you found your bottle?"

Though Haru was done patching up the shirt, she decided to keep quiet. It was interesting to know more about the bottle she had found. She slowly began packing her needles and pushing the thread neatly to the back of the counter.

Fweedle

Toothsome Lunatic

bugpoison

Aged Noob

2,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:16 am
Nothing out of the ordinary came to mind when the female asked the question. Life had remained normal even after taking possession of the multiple colored bottle. If anything Friday actually felt even better than usual. Waking up in the mornings was no longer such a task and venturing to work no longer stressed him out. Connecting his current emotional high to the appearance of the bottle would be awkward but the possibility of it being the cause was not so far fetched.

" Hmmm, I've already mentioned how it makes me feel better by just looking at it. Besides that it just seems to brighten it's surroundings. Intensifies even the dullest colors. " Friday remembered the brightness as he spoke. Was that a oddity?

Then again it seemed quite impossible for such a brightly colored bottle to become dull.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:56 am
Haru smiled and nodded after hearing what Friday had said. "Well, I could do with a bottle like that," she giggled "Having to work everyday and deal with customers that were less than satisfactory with my work." Haru sighed and shook her head.

Just then, the sun's ray that were shining into her shop caught onto something and was reflected into Haru's eyes. She slowly closed it to a slit and scouted for what could have done that. It was coming from the bottle that was sitting on the counter. What could it be? she thought, her hands went forward and traced the fine details of the bottle.

It was wet.

Water droplets slowly appeared on the surface of the glassware. The light reflected of the water was making a beautiful light show within the shop. It started with a few drops but it wasn't very long till water started to pool around the bottle from all the dripping. The puddle started getting bigger and bigger, the light made the water seemingly glow with a vibrant cyan color. Soon, it started overflowing, cascading down the counter top onto the floor and the table behind it. Though everything was covered by the water, nothing seemed to be getting wet.

All Haru could do was stare in awe, her jaws dropped to as low as it could get. Her eyes widen, her body too stun to moved. This was definitely the first time the bottle had done something like this and she was stumped on what to do. As she looked on, the water kept on falling like a waterfall down onto the floor though the puddle didn't seemed to be getting bigger. Everything in the shop was bathed in the bright cyan light that came from the water.

Soon after that, Haru started hearing a very tiny voice coming from the bottle. She wasn't sure what was real anymore. Hell, she wasn't even sure if she was dreaming. The water in the puddle started to dance, rising and falling as though they were following the rythm of drums that they couldn't hear. The giggling got louder and louder, the water began to dance faster and faster. As they got faster, the 'waterfall' started swirling about itself forming a shape of some sort. The water on the floor and the desk rised up and joined in with the action.

A tail began to form, swishing and moving gradually up the table. It began to circle the bottle, more water gathering around it making the figure grow. Pretty soon, a figure of a mermaid (or was it a merman, she couldn't tell) was circling about the bottle, giggling once in a while and waved to the two in the shop. Everything around them was dry once again.

Haru slowly reached out and gave the mermaid a little poke. Apparantly she (or he) didn't like it as her hands were put on to her waist and she gave a pout. Once Haru felt that everything was back to normal and there wasn't going to be anymore surprise, she looked back up at Friday.

"Have this happened to your bottle before?"

User Image

Fweedle

Toothsome Lunatic

bugpoison

Aged Noob

2,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:30 pm
Friday noticed that Haru had completed the task of patching up the holes in his shirt's sleeve. Reaching forward to grab the article of clothing he also noticed the illumination of the bottle. Bringing the shirt to his chest he continued to watch the spectacle, letting Haru examine her own bottle. From what he could tell it was producing water from what seemed out of nowhere. Similar to a over filled cup of water under a constant stream of water. Friday's eyes continued to widen as the bottle continued to do the strangest things.

Suddenly the two of them were experiencing possibly the most beautiful display of lights...ever. Friday tumbled backwards, losing his balance, and falling on the wooden floor. Yet his eyes never parted from the cause of all of this shock.

" Oh my..." It seemed like Friday was unable to speak or even think properly at this moment.

The over flow of water had now reached the floor below the counter, slowly creeping towards Friday. The twenty year old pushed himself away as if the pool of water may possibly hurt him. Who knew if they were even safe at this moment! Had they questioned the existence of the bottle a bit too much? Were they being punished for sticking their noses a bit too far? Oh dear! Friday was too young to be destroyed. THERE WAS TOO MANY THINGS TO DO WITH HIS LIFE!

Giggling.

The bottle began to giggle. Not exactly the bottle, but a some sort of water figure encircling the blue bottle. Looked similar to a fish or was it a...mermaid? Friday was a bit unsure especially because of the angle he was looking at from. Deciding to once again stand up on his feet he returned to where he stood normally. It was a mermaid.

" I'm going to have to say...no. "

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:03 pm
Haru was still stunned by what she had saw, the mermaid was still circling the bottle and giggling at them. It was as though she saw their reaction and found it hilarious. Haru was slightly irritated by that fact but decided against doing anything considering the fact that there was still someone here and that it was just a bottle.

Once she finally snapped back to reality after that marvelous show, she looked at Friday. He was already holding onto his shirt. She guessed it was time to say goodbye. "Well, I hope you're satisfied with my work" she smiled, her hands reaching below the counter and pulling out a paper bag for him to put his shirt in. Haru then laid it nicely onto the counter and took our her feather pen and some ink and wrote her address on. Giving the ink a few flaps of her hand to dry it, she quickly passed it on to Friday.

"This is my address" she motioned to the words written on the bag. "It was nice sharing about our different bottles." she added.

The mermaid on the bottle too gave the man a wave, as though she knew it was nearly over.

Fweedle

Toothsome Lunatic

bugpoison

Aged Noob

2,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:22 pm
All sorts of thoughts and questions were rushing into the young man's head. Was this sort of magical display normal? Had he lived under a rock this entire time? Haru seemed to be so comfortable afterward, regaining her composure surprisingly quickly. Would his bottle begin to spew colours at random? Would it also form some sort of magical creature? Or was Haru's bottle completely different? This...was a bit too much. Heading home and collecting his thoughts was possibly the best thing for him now.

Taking the brown bag with one arm and paying with his free hand Friday gave Haru an awkward smile. He was no longer aware of his facial expressions.

" Th-thank you Haru. Ummm...I hope we can chat again. " Friday stuttered.

Friday's gaze never parted from the bottle as he made his way out of the shop. Did the watery figure wave at him? " Till whenever... " He waved goodbye and finally exited. The afternoon sun greeted him with a welcoming warmth. Such a beautiful yet confusing day. It was still early and he needed to meet up with Sally at the market. But something inside him felt the need to return home. Just to check up on the bottle. Just to see if it was the same as before. Hopefully he wouldn't be faced with anything too strange. Especially after what just happened in the shop.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff