Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Graveyard (Past Contests, Dupes, & Bad Threads )
Share a ghost story!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yay ghost stories!
Yeah, sure...
100%
 100%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 13

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:39 am
It can be a real or made up one. I just like to read ghost stories. This is just one I found to start the thread off:

This story didn't happen to me, but to very good friends of my family. They were raised strict Catholics and would never make something up like this. The family that this happened to had a little boy named Ryan. He was about three years old. At this time, they lived in a tiny apartment high above an old house named Rock Ford that has been there since the early 1700s.

Rock Ford once belonged to an extremely wealthy family that eventually died out over the years, and our friends ended up as the caretakers. A lot of weird things were said to have happened there, such as spigots turning on water when nobody was there to turn them on, lights flickering on and off, strange whistling noises coming from the old barn when it was locked up tight and nobody was inside. On one occasion, the family was expecting guests and heard many voices and footsteps plodding up the staircase to their apartment door. The mother went out to greet them only to find that nobody was on the stairs at all. In fact, nobody was anywhere in the house or outside in the driveway.

One day, while the family was scattered about the many rooms doing their chores, young Ryan wandered into an empty room by himself. His mother heard him talking to someone and assumed he was just playing. Then Ryan tottered into her room and told her of "the man wearing the blue coat, hat and rifle." Startled, Ryan's mother rushed into the room only to find it empty. She scoured the entire house only to come up with no explanation. Later on, she asked Ryan what the man had said to him. He replied simply, "The man said he was so very cold, so I told him to wait there until I got you to get him a blanket."

There were some further incidences, and eventually the family moved out. Sometimes I will drive down that lonely dark road and look at the house that now stands vacant, wondering if something unknown is staring back at me....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:10 pm
oh snap i got one........this is true!!! trust me!!....when i was 5 i lived in this really old blue house, well one night i was sleeping on the couch when i woke up because it felt like a cold wind was blowing through the house...i looked around the house and when i came up to my grandmas room there were two very pale, i guess you would say figures?, well ne way i tried to yell but one of them moved towards me and all i remember was feeling a bone chilling coldness, then it went dark. i woke up a couple hours later on the floor with everyone standing over me. when i asked wat happened they said they didnt know but when they found me on the floor my body was freezing cold and i was muttering something like in a different language!! it was pretty scary u dnt have to believe but i have no reason to lie.  

Veloz Valtair

Profitable Noob

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:51 pm
Interesting stories.

My aunt told me recently that weird things have been happening at her house. You see, my grandmother past away this year and one morning my aunt found a picture of my grandmother on the floor, it had fallen off the mantle and the glass broken. Then she couldn't find the shower drain stopper until she opened the lid of the toliet - it was in there. A glass display has also been tampered with, but I don't exactly remember what happened.
Last weekend I had visited my aunt's house when other odd things had happened -- but right now my memory escapes me. sweatdrop

So yeah, it may be a possibility that my grandmother is fooling around in my aunt's house xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:50 am
lol your grandma's a prankster. xd  

Dana Pixie Stix

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:29 am
Once there was an old woman who went out in the woods to dig up some roots to cook for dinner. She spotted something funny sticking out of the leaves and dug around until she uncovered a great big hairy toe. There was some good meat on that toe which would make a real tasty dinner, so the old woman put it in her basket and took it home.

When she got back to her cottage, the old woman boiled up a kettle-full of hairy toe soup, which she ate for dinner that night. It was the best meal she'd had in weeks! The old woman went to bed that night with a full stomach and a big smile.

Along about midnight, a cold wind started blowing in the tops of the trees around the old woman's house. A large black cloud crept over the moon and from the woods a hollow voice rumbled: "Hairy toe! Hairy toe! I want my hairy toe!" Inside the house, the old woman stirred uneasily in her bed and nervously pulled the covers up over her ears.

From the woods there came a stomp-stomp-stomping noise as the wind whistled and jerked at the treetops. In the clearing at the edge of the forest, a hollow voice said: "Hairy toe! Hairy toe! I want my hairy toe!" Inside the house, the old woman shuddered and turned over in her sleep.

A stomp, stomp, stomping sound came from the garden path outside the cottage. The night creatures shivered in their burrows as a hollow voice howled: "Hairy toe! Hairy toe! I want my hairy toe!" Inside the house, the old woman snapped awake. Her whole body shook with fright as she listened to the angry howling in her garden. Jumping out of bed, she ran to the door and barred it. Once the cottage was secure, she lay back down to sleep.

Suddenly, the front door of the cottage burst open with a bang, snapping the bar in two and sending it flying into the corners of the room. There came the stomp, stomp, stomping noise of giant feet walking up the stairs. Peeping out from under the covers, the old woman saw a massive figure filling her doorway. It said: "Hairy toe! Hairy toe! I want my hairy toe!"

The old woman sat bolt upright in terror and shouted: "I ATE your hairy toe!"

"Yes, you did," the giant figure said very gently as it advanced into the room.

No one living in the region ever saw the old woman again. The only clue to her disappearance was a giant footprint a neighbor found pressed deep into the loose soil of the meadow beside the house. The footprint was missing the left big toe.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:25 am
lol @ Angel

I tried telling a similar story about toes being eaten at a campsite with my friend but it was the worse story ever xDDD

Srsly, we could NOT tell ghost stories without cracking up laughing.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Poisoned by Pandas

8,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:47 am
well my friend is physic and hall the females in her family r also, so in her house when she was young her house had a ghost and it loved her mom like a treasured stuffed animal to a five year old, they were going on vacation for a month over summer and the mom said "now do not bother the person who is house sitting we r leaving for a while" about five minutes later a shadow in the toll shed was throwing a chainsaw, hammers, nail, etc. the ghost was pissed!

(part two the story coming soon)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:53 am
lol that's awesome Angel.  

Dana Pixie Stix

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:21 pm
Goddess Ace
lol @ Angel

I tried telling a similar story about toes being eaten at a campsite with my friend but it was the worse story ever xDDD

Srsly, we could NOT tell ghost stories without cracking up laughing.

Dana Pixie Stix
lol that's awesome Angel.

LOL this was always a funny one that I told to my group when I was a camp counselor. Well it was funny to me but it gave a couple of the kids nightmares of their toes being eaten for some reason. I'm trying to remember some other bad ghost stories. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:55 pm
(part two)
The mom knew the ghost was pissed, but her family went anyways, the guy who watched the house while they were gone was watching tv he was about to fall asleep on the couch so he turned off the tv he woke in an hour having the tv on, on the loudest volume it can produce. he turned the tv off again, the same thing happened about three more times to a point where he got up and took the plug out of the socket but he wakes yet again to having the tv blasting and PLUGGED in right after he took it out. So he finally said "Well you can watch tv for an hour but then the tv goes off no more playing" to the ghost. Once the hour passed he turned the tv off, took the plug out and said "Time up we had a deal" in two hours (around 3 a.m.) he wakes to somebody taking the sheets off, pulling his hair, and felt like someone put the AC onto 48 degrees. When the family got back he said to the mom "Im not watching your house no offense but the ghost kept me up"

(part three coming in a few days)  

Poisoned by Pandas

8,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:28 pm
s**t XD its gana be hard finding one you havent heard already stepherz...

I guess I could begin with the one that happened the day after christmas >.<;;

story 1

2 years ago the day after Christmas morning me and my mother ended up having to stay at my grandparents because I was very sick. I slept the whole day. I didnt wake up till probably around 12 am or 1 I dont know but I knew it was very late. Everyone else was in bed. I couldnt sleep so kept tossing and turning in the bed. Finally I turned over facing the wall and as I did I saw the shadow of what looked like a young child walk across my doorway. There were no children in that house at the time. All of them had left the night before. I was not alarmed at first because I thought maybe I was hallucinating cause I was so sick. Soon after I fell back asleep. In the morning when I woke up I was much better and we were able to go home. On the ride home I decided to tell my mother what I saw. She told me that a little boy had died in the very room I had been sleeping in and not only that but my grandpa had seen him before as well.

Story 2

Just this past year or so. Me my mother, my aunt Trish, my aunt Celine and my grandmother took my grandpa to the hospital for hip replacement surgery. While there we spent most of the time wandering in and out of the waiting room and food court. After having my fill of coffee I went back up to the waiting room and sat with my aunt Trish. Soon after she decided she wanted to go down and get herself something to eat. She asked if I wanted to come back down with her but I opted out. After about 30 minutes I got bored and decided to go down there after all. I walked out into the hall way and saw what looked to be my aunt Trish. I thought it was strange that she hadnt gone down yet and not only that but she was in scrubs but I jogged to catch up with her. Just as I was about to call to her she stopped abruptly and turned and walked through a doorway or what looked like a doorway from my end... As I got closer I realized there was nothing there but wall. I had just seen a spirit turn and walk into a wall. It was so strange though because It didnt LOOK like a spirit. She looked very real and alive! Needless to say I ran my butt back to the waiting room and didnt come out again till my grandpa was ready to see us XD

Story 3 ( XD I think this is Angels favorite?)

Well this story has a little to do with the first one. Soon after I got home I started seeing shadow people and hearing things. It was very scary. I could be doing something as simple as putting easy mac in the microwave and see the shadow of a child run across my living room in the reflection of the door. The thing that bothered me most though was the doors. The doors would slam open and shut by themselves. Or at least I could hear them open and slam shut... didnt always mean they actually were. Even my pets would look up when we heard it so I knew I wasnt going crazy. Anyways on one such day I decided Id had enough. The door behind me opened and slamed shut and that was the last straw. I took one of my swords and walked slowly over to the closet. I thrust it open half expecting a shadow person or something but there was nothing there of course. XD I was really angry and I kept the sword by me the rest of the day. It never happened again.. that I can remember XD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:42 pm
This story is completely and utterly true.

I was in a pub at England and there were rumors of a ghost. Well I have a pack of Skittles and I had them in my hand, and I was just taking one every now and then.
Well I started to notice that they were disappearing too quick. The yellow ones kept disappearing each time I glanced back, and no one was near me. Plus, I was not eating the yellow ones.
It was weird. But yeah. Lesson learned. Always bring candy for your ghostly friends.  

miss spikiki

Graveyard (Past Contests, Dupes, & Bad Threads )

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games