Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Graveyard (Past Contests, Dupes, & Bad Threads )
COLLEGE TRIP. OH JESUS.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What?!
I know.
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:13 pm
Because Lyss is a senior, she gets to go to Maryland tomorrow for a college visit on Friday. Woo. But on the inside, I'm freaking out. A little.

Spoon:

~ Things to do on the car ride down
~ Should I do/have anything specific?
~ Advice/motivation?!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:50 pm
User Image
Psyphion Says...

Psy shall tell Lyss what Lyss needs to know.
College > High School

Yeah, you'll be nervous about going from High School to college, but please trust Psy when he says that it's better, it's MUCH better.
No more of the little High School drama.
You get to choose your schedule, what times, which professor, etc.
Psy prefers college now that he's going to one.

Yes, the rumors about studying more for college are true, but it's only a little time out of the day. smile

Uhmm... make sure you ask which teachers are "best" for the basic courses. That'll be the best thing you can do.

As for supplies, plenty of pens and notebooks. College is all about note-taking. Hell, I rarely use my textbooks, e.e. Just for studying purposes.

Psy is positive that Lyss will enjoy college lots more than HS. smile

Art by Mewaki~

Clefaiiry

Intellectual Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:59 pm
I think everyone's experience differs. I for one still see that apparent high school drama bull s**t here as a freshman. Also, if you don't drink then you better find friends that do the same because at least here Thursday, Friday, and Saturday people go out to party and get drunk. I am not enjoying college at all. My grades are good though, just do your assigned reading and take good notes + pay attention to your professor.

Oh yeah ~ as for things to do in the car -
I like to play the ABC game....
Ex: Hi, my name is Annie. My husband's name is Adam. We live in Alabama and we sell apples.
OR perverted verision...
Hi, my name is Wonda. My husband's name is Wank. We live in Washington and we sell whores.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:59 am
For the most part, ppl at my college don't bother with stupid highschool drama. Practically everyone drinks and smokes so my social outings are a bit limited to my close circle of friends x_x

The education aspect, for the most part, it's been easy for me. [maybe because I got started in the summer with two classes to get accustomed to everything.] It kind of bothers me that I really don't have much to do as far as outside work. I'm just lazying around my house and makes me feel like a waste D: Hopefully I can find a part time job to occupy my time.  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:46 am
Just go to have a good time.

Also @Soul: I love your sig artz.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:09 am
Be yourself think happy thoughts and it will be smooth sailing smile  

Naughty_Nurse666

Graveyard (Past Contests, Dupes, & Bad Threads )

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games