Reply Community Lounge
Turkey weekend in Canada

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:08 am
So this is the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend! The weekend to eat food until your stomach explodes! What things are you thankful for right now? Me I'm Thankful that I have parents who will always be there for me whenever I'm in trouble. I'm also thankful that even though GTR can't be here for this Thanksgiving, at least he's alive and will be able to spend many more with our family! I'm thankful that I have wonderful children who don't behave like troublesome children and love me no matter what.

Now for you all, or at least the ones celebrating Thanksgiving,

Spoonfeed teim:
What plans do you have for it?
What foods are your favourite?
What foods are you planning on eating?
Have you had any weird Thanksgivings?
Any Thanksgivings that were your favourite?
Anything else that has to do with Thanksgiving.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:44 am
My family is postponing Thanksgiving in favour of my brother's birthday. Again.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:29 pm
Kal, is that a good thing?

I thought I would be going out with my sister in law tonight so I told my parents that I would just spend thanksgiving here, Of course I get ******** over again. Next time I make plans to go to my parents I'm going!

Tomorrow should be interesting though. It'll be my first thanksgiving with GTR's family. I find it amusing that my first thanksgiving with them and he won't be there. Would that fall under irony?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:17 pm
I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head and that I have wonderful friends. 3nodding

I'm cooking tomorrow. =w= MashedPotatoes and gravy, turnip, and squash with honey and carrots, cheese and broccoli, and corn on the cob, roasted peppers stuffed with bread stuffing and mushrooms and onions. And cheesecake for dessert.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:24 pm
This Thanksgiving, I get to get up early to work, for an extra long shift. biggrin Woooo....

My family is celebrating Thanksgiving on Wednesday at my Uncle Charlie's, because that's the only time we can get together, maybe. My Aunty Cathy might not be going, because she has autoimmune hepatitis in her liver, and some days she can't see anybody. I'd be very surprised if my cousin Terry comes, because he's a borderline agoraphobic. I don't know if my Aunt Barb will be coming, because she recently separated from Uncle Charlie, so there's some tension there. Other family on my dad's side, I have no idea, though I KNOW my granny will be there. And my mom's family is scattered throughout Canada, so we can't celebrate Thanksgiving with them. xD

I don't know how much of my family is gonna be celebrating Thanksgiving with us, but I am thankful that I have such a big, loving family, even if we have many problems.

Thanksgiving is my favourite time of year. That, and Christmas, but I liked Thanksgiving just a bit more. It's in autumn, my favourite season. It's near my birthday, so that's always nice. x3 And when I was younger and my grandpa was still around, the ENTIRE family on my dad's side would all get together and we'd have a really big feast and there'd be so many of us we could hardly fit in the living room AND dining room combined, and we'd all just sit and talk and laugh together and be happy. smile

Man, I miss that. I'm gonna leave before I fill the thread and infect everyone with my emoness. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:34 pm
Tae, your dinner sounds YUMMY!

Kerries, your Thanksgiving dinners remind me of out Christmas dinners. The whole Stewart gang, those living in Ontario anyways would get together, there were so many we would have to rent a giant hall. People would dance, and drink, and just have an awesome time. Then one of my great uncles died and it tore apart the family. They started fighting over who got his things. I miss big family dinners too! In the future my parents will have to hold big dinners. Me and my family plus my 3 siblings and their future families, I look forward to it!  

God-Raped-Me

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:46 pm
We never ever get together with our extended family for holidays, they all live too far away and/or don't give a crap about us. So we celebrate with just our family. That's how it's been my entire life, and it would be weird to have a bunch of relatives around. I get really stressed out when there are too many people in one spot, so it suits me just fine.

GRM: No one postpones Valentine's Day on my behalf or New Year's Eve for my mom, why should we move Thanksgiving so that my spoiled little brother can have his own day?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:58 pm
I understand Kal, I would be pissed too. Why should it be extra special for him and him alone. Have you ever asked why they do that? Maybe there's a really good reason for it other than "Well it's his birthday".  

God-Raped-Me

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:05 pm
gonk All I can think of with this thread is the song from Addams Family Values: "Happy, happy turkey day"

Not quite the song, but here. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 am
Haha I want to watch that today!  

God-Raped-Me

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:57 pm
Happy Thanksgiving, Canada.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:14 am
I slept through thanksgiving because I work nights and hardly slept that day. I ended up eating stuff my mom kept warm for me in the oven instead of sitting down with the family. I wish I would've woken up to make it to her house in time.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Trish the Stalker

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:54 am
Aww at least you were able to eat some of the thanksgiving food though! I could never work nights. The latest I've worked was until 2 in the morning and it sucks really bad! I don't like going home and having to wind down. GTR used to work nights at a Timmies, I hated it! I was so lonely and pregnant with Lydia at the time, so all the hormones made me feel like a piece of s**t.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games