Reply Community Lounge
One Year And Counting! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:42 pm
One year from this day will be mine and GTR's wedding! I'm so excited that after 3 years of it being up in the air we finally have a date! I've been keeping my eye on the weather and the trees and what not, and if what happened today happens on our wedding day I will be more than happy! For most of the day it was sunny with clear blue skies! The temperature wasn't too cold or too warm! The leaves are still on the trees and are turning pretty colours, even if it's a bit late this year.

I'm just worried about time. We don't quite have everything planned. Just roughly planned out. We're not quite sure how we want the ceremony because it's not a wedding where we will be getting married under the government, but instead where we proclaim our love for each other in front of family and friends looking as beautiful and handsome as possible, and then we'll have a big party to celebrate it. So we're not sure how exactly we're going to be doing it, or where even. There are a few places that I would like to be married, one is on a hill overlooking the bay with trees all around, and another place is beside a small lake again with trees everywhere. I think because of parking availability it will most likely be beside the lake.

As for the reception, GTR wants to do a cold buffet. Cold soups, sandwiches, cheese and cracker platters and so on. I don't know what I want, but I do know I would like to be a bit more accommodating than that. I don't know, maybe it'll work out well. I know I want to have a computer hooked up to the sound system and do our music that way, I think having karaoke would be fun too! I know there are a few songs I would love to get up and sing!

I do have my wedding dress picked out, under $500, and I know who I want up beside me! I still have to ask daddy if he'll walk me down the isle! It'll mean the world to me if he does!

So ATG, in this thread you can talk anything about weddings! Ones you want, have been too, good ones, bad ones, anything. Feel free to comment on mine and GTR's as well! If you have any suggestions feel free!

http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/Collection/product-page.asp?q=Wedding+Dress&SKU=3023&i=68448571784#Page_1
This is my dress...
http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/Collection/product-page.asp?SKU=J3023
This is the jacket I can get with it! I just don't know what colour I want. They would all look nice. GTR wants me to get the black one. I don't know if the jacket comes in other colours either.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:59 pm
Congratulations. :3 I know it's a year in advance, but I hope your day is wonderful.

I got invited to go to my friend's wedding in Niagara this January, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. And my friend Tashia is supposed to be getting married next July. @_@

I doubt I'll ever get married, personally.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:47 pm
I was the Maid of Honor at my sister's wedding.

And I've been to my cousin's wedding and a shotgun wedding of some family friends... sweatdrop

I was supposed to go to a wedding this past summer, but the bride called it off a week beforehand. Turns out after living with him for a few months he wasn't the guy she thought he was....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:07 am
tae, I'm sure you'll find someone. Also You don't really NEED to get married anymore. GTR and I just want to dress up and look as awesome as we can and have a party to celebrate that we love each other. When I was younger I thought getting married was stupid and never saw a point in it. I donno, I was weird.

Waku what was the shotgun wedding like? I've always wanted to go to one to see if it's a tension filled as I think. I'm going to have my maid of honor and my gay guy friend up with me too, even if he wasn't gay I would want him there. GTR may want him to be the best man though. Although I think if Shram can make it he'll probably end up being the best man. I should ask GTR about that again...  

God-Raped-Me

Senryoske

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:53 am
I went to a majorly unformal wedding this summer. My dad kept saying it reminded him of a redneck wedding you'd see on TV. I think it was a relative of theirs who did the ceramony and he was dressed up in biker clothes!

I agree with GRM, you don't need a formal wedding to be married. The government has nothing do with your love for each other. But it is nice to get all dressed up. I used to think I'd never get married in any way, but I'm older and getting married doesn't seem as bad.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:48 am
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

I thought you two were already married! Boy, I'm not in the loop of things, am I?

Hm. Cold soup doesn't sound appealing to me. I certainly wouldn't want cold soup if that day, come next year, isn't as warm as it is now. You should let him know I think that idea stinks. ;P

I've only ever been to two weddings: one was a backyard wedding (I totally fought over the bouquet when it was thrown. There's this picture where my face is so full of outrage. The guy my friend got to dance with was so~ handsome. Now, when I look back on it, I'm glad I didn't get it. xd ) The other was in a banquet hall (where I had my prom, incidently).

If you have fall colors, white would look gorgeous~ Or, to blend in with the season, incorporate fall colors. biggrin Since it's going to be around your friends and family, you can rent/buy some cute little cafe-like tables with maybe, two or three to a table with... *Squeals.* I'm going to keep yakking, so I'll shut up now.

CONGRATULATIONS! heart I'm sure your kids will look so cute in their wedding clothes. Ooooh! You should have your two... ? girls be the flower girls and have your little man be the ring bearer!

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:29 am
We're definitely having the kids in the wedding! I can't remember if I picked out their dresses yet or not.... I think I did. I need to post a picture of my dress! Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks a cold buffet would be a not too great idea! I just don't know what I want to do food wise yet. I'm cheap so I don't want it to be anything too expensive. I was actually thinking of a pot luck.... redface  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:11 am
Sounds exciting and that dress is fabulous whee

I've only been to two weddings. One was in the backyard of my mom's friend's house and was just sort of an intimate group of friends and family. The other was very much a redneck wedding with a Hawaiian theme. The bride actually was driven in on a tractor and it took place at a ranch ...had to be really careful where you stepped seeing as they used the field for the horses >.> lol  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:46 am
God-Raped-Me
Waku what was the shotgun wedding like? I've always wanted to go to one to see if it's a tension filled as I think.

It wasn't terribly bad. But because the bride and groom were also underage it was also a dry wedding. I think that made it more awkward than anything. No one could get buzzed to loosen up... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:23 pm
Oh I love the dress GRM~
A cold buffet sounds sorta...meh. =/ But I love the places you're thinking of, they sound gorgeous~

I've been to *counts* 5 weddings ^^; 4 of them were in a church though for one, instead of a priest doing it, I think they just had a friend do it (it made it soooo much quicker) and one was at Disneyworld. That one was awesome~
I was a bridesmaid at my aunt's wedding. She picked red bridesmaid dresses so that made me happy ^.^
And it was kinda funny cuz at the most recent one (it was for my mom's cousin) everyone who went up for the tossing of the bouquet (my like 5-year-old cousin pushed me up there XP) sort of dodged the bouquet. When it landed on the floor one of them grabbed it and stuffed it in one of the other cousin's hands because she's been with her boyfriend for like 10 years so yeah. I dunno, I thought it was amusing...

invisible-weirdo

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:30 am
I don't plan on having a dry wedding, however neither GTR or myself will be drinking at our wedding. I never understood getting piss a** drunk at your own wedding, seems kind of rude if you ask me.

Everyone keeps doing that to my mom too! My parents have always been together but never married, so people are like "DO IT ALREADY! scream "  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:32 am
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

I know that here in Nevada, there's the 7-year rule: if you and your significant other is together for 7 years and are living with each other, y'know, with documents saying the both of you lived at the same residence and shared important insurance, blah-blah-blah, you're considered married under the law.

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:47 am
It's 3 years here, I think. I remember that after 6 months of us living together there were some government things that considered us married as well.

Oh were also going to make it a dress up, by choice, wedding. So if you want to go in your Halloween costume you can, if you want to dress up all nice and what not you can, or if you want to be casual you can too! Everyone loves that idea! *squee* I'm so excited and I can't wait to start planning everything with GTR. his dad is the one who will be "marrying" us. It' weird though because I don't want to get married under god because I don't believe in a god, so GTR and I have to talk about how that is going to work as well!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:50 am
I don't see how I wouldn't be able to make it to your wedding =3
to bad my choice of dress up is s**t expensive xP  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:41 pm
Congratulations! :3 The dress is beautiful in my opinion. ^u^

I've only been to two weddings to be honest, I think one was my (living) Uncle Jeff's wedding when I was around 8 or 9 and then my Aunt Kathy's to my Step-Uncle when I was...about 15-16 years old. I do believe I had fun at both though I ended up with a fever the night of my Uncle Jeff's wedding.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff