Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:29 pm
Witches and zombies and pirates, oh my! eek

Arguably the best thing about Halloween is the costumes.
Those of us who grew up trick-or-treating probably have lots of fond memories of costumes we wore when we were little. And those who weren't allowed to celebrate this glorious holiday still probably had ideas of what they would have liked to dress up as for Halloween.

So let's discuss:

Costumes we wore as kids.
Costumes we would have liked to wear.
And if anyone has pictures, please feel free to post them! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:31 pm
Okay, I managed to scrounge these up from my childhood:

User ImageUser Image

And yikes. I'd have to say Ariel beats out the ghoul in the scary department like whoa.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:27 pm
lol Very nice, Waku  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 pm
My first time out on Halloween was when I was about a year old. My grandma made me a tiger costume and my parents carried me around. The pictures have been lost to time.

Since then, I've been Pikachu, the Grim Reaper, a werewolf, Toto from The Wizard of Oz.. and at least 10 other things I've forgotten.  

Catalog Cats

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:50 pm
I believe the traditional "first costume" for all of the kids in my family was a pumpkin. No, I'm serious, the thing was a total hand-me-down affair, and we all had to wear it.
Of course, Halloween costumes for small children are only to be used as fodder for embarrassing them later in life. Say when they finally find a significant other and the parents whip out the ol' Photo Album of Doom. Not that I'm speaking from experience, it just seems like something I would do to my kid, if I ever were to have one on that absurd off chance.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:01 pm
I don't have any pictures, they're lost somewhere but I do remember my costumes.

I've been a clown, a medieval princess, Peter Pan (epic right? |D),The Box Knight, a Sith Lord (twice), a witch, and a maid from what I can remember.

Oh right and one year I went as my Gaia Avatar. |D Biggest nerd move of my life.

My cousin's costume has all of mine beat. He took my clown wig, my maid costume, and one of those stereotypical french hats (can't think of the name). Then had my mom draw a fake mustache on him and he went around Trick-or-Treating as 'Pierre the French Maid'.

Best. Improv. Costume. Ever.

EDIT: It was a beret. Thank you aretoo. :3

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:13 pm
Well... you're probably thinking a beret, unless you're thinking of a Napoleonic tricorn. smile

I think my favorite costume was one of those cheap Hallowe'en make-up kits for a devil... amazing what you can do with that and a little theatric training. I was Luc(ifer) B. Zeelbub, procurer of fine souls for Morningstar Collectibles. (I wore a black mock turtleneck, fawn-brown slacks, and a tweed sports jacket. I looked rather like a satanic professor. ^_^

Alas, no-one had a camera that night. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:01 am
I can't be sure it was my first outfit but one of my earliest was a baby pink unicorn and one of my mom's friends' son got to be a matching blue one. I feel really bad for him if his mom is the sort to whip those pics out on him. >< poor guy.

I've been Belle from Beauty and the beast, Esmerelda (ironic how Elcia could cosplay her), a poodle skirt girl or whatever they are supposed to be called, and a black cat ( sort of neko style with just the ears and tail) is a great way to be dressed up even if you have to work on Holloween day.
I've also put some dance costumes to work as fairy and princes costumes over the years.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:52 am
I can really only remember 4 of my costumes. One was a cat, a mouse (they were essentially the same costume but with different accessories), a sorceress/witch/whatever, and a ninja. I liked the ninja best~

There are probably pictures floating around somewhere back at my parents' house but I have none to share.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:40 pm
I know I was Sailor Jupiter when I was like 4. I was an Indian Native America, an Irish Girl, a Wizard/Witch, and a mime. That I can remember. Last year I was a business woman (The lamest Idea in the history of the world), but I didn't pull it off right. I Don't know what I'll do this year. If anything I might do a cosplay that really simple. Or something....  

Senryoske

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:08 am
Here in the Land of Oz we don't really celebrate Halloween, although some people do, mostly the neighbourhoods ith lots of kids. So I only ever once participated and it was when I was like 15 or something with some friends form high school. I dressed in a suite and fixed a name tage which read "Hello, my name is GOD"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 pm
@Waku: 4laugh Those are some adorable pictures you have there. I particularly love the mermaid.

Let's see... I think my first Halloween costume was Baby Bop from Barney. o_o I was a veeeeery wee one... After that, I just dressed up in your typical costumes for years. Vampire, witch, etc.  

Slim95
Crew

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:25 am
I haven't dressed up for Halloween for the last few years. I thought I had but no, and it makes me sad! I would very much like to this year but I find costumes are very expensive and I don't have time to make my own. I would love to send Lydia out as Lydia Deetz but she might be a bit young for it.

Halloween is just under 2 weeks away and I only have a costume for Guin! The reason I have it is because it was Lydia's last year.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:37 pm
Surazal Dloc
I dressed in a suite and fixed a name tage which read "Hello, my name is GOD"

This reminds me of a Halloween episode of Buffy.

Xander: Hail, ye olde... varletty... thou.
Willow: I'm Joan of Arc. I figured we had a lot in common, seeing as how I was almost burned at the stake. And plus she had that close relationship with God.
Xander: [to Oz] And you are...?
[Oz reveals a name tag saying "GOD"]
Xander: Of course.
Xander: Wish I'd thought of that before I put down my deposit. I could've been God.
Oz: Blasphemer.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:41 pm
I haven't actually gone out or done anything for Halloween since I was 10.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff